Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

The Glumslinger posted:

lmao, that thread is more of a shitpost thread than this one

yeah they're even more opposed to good investments then the people in this thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

EorayMel posted:

Is this a metaphor for bitcoin?

inverted bart pattern spotted, this is definitely bitcoin

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

buy the dip, hodl, *some bullshit about dollar cost averaging*

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Waltzing Along posted:

Is there a SA crypto thread in a different forum with true believers in it? Or is it all poo poo on crypto 24/7?

We've been making GBS threads on crypto since Bitcoin was worth less than USD 1. What makes you think we'd stop now?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Lolie posted:

We've been making GBS threads on crypto since Bitcoin was worth less than USD 1. What makes you think we'd stop now?

The literal first reply to the bitcoin thread in GBS was “Dunning-Krugerrands” wasn’t it?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ok im a bit late to the party and this might sound dumb

but whats a bitcoin and how many should i buy?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ripoff posted:

The literal first reply to the bitcoin thread in GBS was “Dunning-Krugerrands” wasn’t it?

Probably a top 5 first response in this site's history alongside "so you work from home" and "your mom sounds cool"

Business
Feb 6, 2007

I've been watching this twitch account for a while. I think it's just a big scam where they sell people a 1000 dollar course on technical analysis. One of the guys pretends to be Extremely Rich and offers trade consulting for 4500 an hour. Coincidentally he tells the stream his sweet trades after the fact all the time. It's an incredible grift: https://www.twitch.tv/cryptotraderstv

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

numberoneposter posted:

ok im a bit late to the party and this might sound dumb

but whats a bitcoin and how many should i buy?

bitcoin is the future of money and you should only buy in as much as you're willing to lose

you might lose a bit of money, but you also stand a good chance of realizing some great financial gains

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
It's the future of money and you should buy as many as you can get loans/credit for.

It can only go up you see.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Glumslinger posted:

Probably a top 5 first response in this site's history alongside "so you work from home" and "your mom sounds cool"

“With a name like Jose, I wouldn’t be laughing”

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

PostNouveau posted:

All the true believers post in

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853638

One of them even wrote a book about bitcoin!

There’s also one in the paranormal forum.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

glad i put my life savings into cardano at $0.85 as advised by our now permabanned friend AARO. it is the future, not bitcoin. now let me check my investment

$0.044 (-94.8%)

oh. well i can afford one bullet i guess

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Spatial posted:

glad i put my life savings into cardano at $0.85 as advised by our now permabanned friend AARO. it is the future, not bitcoin. now let me check my investment

$0.044 (-94.8%)

there's still hope! bitcoin is undervalued right now, you could make it all back by investing that money in the better cryptocurrency

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Spatial posted:

$0.044 (-94.8%)

So it's a good time to buy cardano?

What is cardano?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
It's used for seasoning.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

what is this rally, last gasp? who is crazy enough to be buying

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Photex posted:

people who want a crazy good investment, that's who

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Photex posted:

People who think it's not going to go any lower.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Can’t go any lower. $4000 is the definite floor. $4000 has always been the floor.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

klafbang posted:

Can’t go any lower. $4000 is the definite floor. $4000 has always been the floor.

exactly. that's why buying in now is a great idea! you can expect a great bounce back any day now even if it does hit $4k, cause there's no way it's going under that

Icey
Nov 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I feel so bad for the people who bought at 20k. They must feel sick.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

an angry red owl posted:

I feel so bad for the people who bought at 20k. They must feel sick.

that's why it's important to buy during the low points, like right now

but i'm sure they'll make their money back as long as they hold on to their investment

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

My Linux Rig posted:

exactly. that's why buying in now is a great idea! you can expect a great bounce back any day now even if it does hit $4k, cause there's no way it's going under that

The harder the bounce, the bigger the recoil. It’s simple physics. Buy now while it is falling fast towards the definite, this has always been the floor, at $4000. It will moon directly from there. Subscribe to my twatter stream and PayPal me some bitscoiins for more insightful technical analysis.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

it's very important to hodl

i say to the suckers as i hit the sell button

Icey
Nov 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I cashed out 2 weeks ago when bitcoin was over 6k. I lost 80% sinve February. This poo poo is starting to seem like pure gambling to me.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

an angry red owl posted:

I cashed out 2 weeks ago when bitcoin was over 6k. I lost 80% sinve February. This poo poo is starting to seem like pure gambling to me.

But what about the technical analysis. THERE WAS TECHNICAL ANALYSIS!

quick, somebody draw some lines on some carefully truncated charts

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Waltzing Along posted:

Is there a SA crypto thread in a different forum with true believers in it? Or is it all poo poo on crypto 24/7?

there was a SH/HC thread about mining butts for a while. but most of the people posting there weren't true believers, just believed enough to buy several thousand dollars of video cards and run them 24/7 in a milkcrate.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

an angry red owl posted:

i'm sorry to hear about your loses; next time I would definitely hold on to it since that may have become a good investment for you over time. however it's never too late to buy back in. especially with the low prices we're seeing now!

Icey
Nov 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

But what about the technical analysis. THERE WAS TECHNICAL ANALYSIS!

quick, somebody draw some lines on some carefully truncated charts

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Be sure to use a log scale too.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ok i would like to buy one bitcoin plz

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Oh god Brazil.txt

Icey
Nov 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

Sir this is the Burger King drive thru...

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

numberoneposter posted:

That's a lot of coke. Can I come to whatever party you're throwing?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Buy on the dip?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

The Glumslinger posted:

I’m still found of bitcoiners attacking me for being homophobic when I exposed Bruce Wagner of being a scam artist.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
A-Hey hey heyyyyyyyy
A-Hey hey heyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

Wa-sa
Wa-sa
Wa-sa
Wa-sa
Wa-saaap

BitConnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeect!

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Klyith posted:

there was a SH/HC thread about mining butts for a while. but most of the people posting there weren't true believers, just believed enough to buy several thousand dollars of video cards and run them 24/7 in a milkcrate.

AARO ran an altcoin thread somewhere for a while, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
Oh it just got resurrected https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860241