Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Lungboy posted:

Counterpoint: Grey Knights.

I don't get it, their rules already match their model coolness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

General Olloth posted:

It's rare to see a true 40k burn, well done friend.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!

General Olloth posted:

:five:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

General Olloth posted:

:drat:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

General Olloth posted:

:yeah:

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

General Olloth posted:

Y'know I think Grey Knights really were cool when they were only ever squads of terminators. If you were playing against Chaos, you could take the one squad. The idea of them being just the ultimate last resort and such. Having them be fully fleshed out into what's essentially a marine chapter, except oh by the way they're all Psykers who are incredibly great, is sort of a non-starter. I mean you've got Grey Knights driving Rhinos and being Techmarines and such. Which doesn't make any sense with normal marines either, but it really undermines the mystique of the GK.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Have MSU orks in trukks or dread mob builds been Made Great Again by the new codex or is it still green tide with buggy tide also available as an option now?

E: VVV Or lots and lots of goddamn Battlewagons? VVV

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 20, 2018

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Genghis Cohen posted:

Y'know I think Grey Knights really were cool when they were only ever squads of terminators. If you were playing against Chaos, you could take the one squad. The idea of them being just the ultimate last resort and such. Having them be fully fleshed out into what's essentially a marine chapter, except oh by the way they're all Psykers who are incredibly great, is sort of a non-starter. I mean you've got Grey Knights driving Rhinos and being Techmarines and such. Which doesn't make any sense with normal marines either, but it really undermines the mystique of the GK.

Grey Knight Chaplains are the one I can never get my head around.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I like the new rules in the ork codex but I don’t understand why they need three(or more) entries for battle wagons, the jets or the buggies.

Streamlined it ain’t

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007
The dread knights are the ones that bother me the most. I'm all for more cool robots but you sort of defeat the purpose of having a powered exoskeleton if your regular power armor is hanging out in the middle of it. They could have built it where you could open the cockpit and see the guy inside similar to imperial knights or dreadnoughts with the sarcophagus at least if they wanted to show how a marine fits in it.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

General Olloth posted:

The dread knights are the ones that bother me the most. I'm all for more cool robots but you sort of defeat the purpose of having a powered exoskeleton if your regular power armor is hanging out in the middle of it. They could have built it where you could open the cockpit and see the guy inside similar to imperial knights or dreadnoughts with the sarcophagus at least if they wanted to show how a marine fits in it.

It’s not even that for me. It’s that part of the iconic thing that made GK cool was the whole st George the dragonslayer vibe. Massive daemons the size of buildings with one (super)human sized knight standing up to them and winning anyway because of heroism and skill at arms. Once they’ve got their own big walkers, and tanks and so on it starts to raise the question of why you even need the skill and heroism, why not just more guns!

I get there’s a fluff explanation in place, but I don’t think it translates well to the tabletop.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Grey Knights bad.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

General Olloth posted:

Yeah but what if your primary inspiration was you just saw Matrix Reloaded and thought the robots in that were cool?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
At least they didn't call them APUs like they did in the Matrix

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

General Olloth posted:

Just use Dreamforge Leviathans.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I stared at the new Rumour Engine for way too long before I realized it's a hololith

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Gripweed posted:

I stared at the new Rumour Engine for way too long before I realized it's a hololith

It's also apparently GW HQ.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Giant Ethicist posted:

Yeah but guy goodbody doesn't care about that because GW HQ isn't full of children for him to gently caress

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Giant Ethicist posted:

That's neat.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
eBay coupon is returning tomorrow, 15% off up to $100 max discount through purchases with the app. Usual stuff applies: it can be multiple purchases from different sellers (as long as they're all the same currency) or even auctions won before the coupon goes live so long as you pay all at once.

darnon fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 21, 2018

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Shouldn't have painted the front part separate but whatever. At least I KNOW the legs were painted properly.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Mama Mia that’s some good modeling my friend. 11/10.

What is the Ork tank busta drive by grenade thing, how does it work, and is it really good?

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Genghis Cohen posted:

It’s not even that for me. It’s that part of the iconic thing that made GK cool was the whole st George the dragonslayer vibe. Massive daemons the size of buildings with one (super)human sized knight standing up to them and winning anyway because of heroism and skill at arms. Once they’ve got their own big walkers, and tanks and so on it starts to raise the question of why you even need the skill and heroism, why not just more guns!

I get there’s a fluff explanation in place, but I don’t think it translates well to the tabletop.

GW sometimes forgets the fantasy of the army they should be trying to invoke. Having advanced tanks and walkers and stuff is fine but it's more Deathwatchy. Those are the guys that use the cool toys to blow up the aliens. Grey Knights are supposed to be the brotherhood of psykers and a chapter of heroes. If it's far away they should be blasting it with psykically infused bolters. If it's close they should stab it with force weapons. If it's big they should tear it apart with their minds. Giving them terminator armor, jet bikes, the interceptor stuff etc is fine, but the focus for those units shouldn't be cool guns it should be cool powers.

The same issue comes up with Chaos. It's supposed to be ancient, mutated warriors, not scientologists with flashlights. Probably other armies too.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Booley posted:

Yeah but guy goodbody doesn't care about that because GW HQ isn't full of children for him to gently caress

What the gently caress?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What the gently caress?

That's a guy Goodbody rereg, noted pedophile.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

e: Wrong Thread

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What the gently caress?

Booley has a very intense one-sided feud going with me

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Gripweed posted:

Stop posting, pedo.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Two Beans posted:

Stop posting, pedo.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Shut the gently caress up

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Two Beans posted:

Stop posting, pedo.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Two Beans posted:

Stop posting, pedo.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gripweed posted:

Oh. So he's right. Thanks.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Two Beans posted:

Stop posting, pedo.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh. So he's right. Thanks.

He re registered under a new name after a toxx ban. Booley tracks these things or sleuthed it out something.

Wizard
Aug 3, 2014

Paul Blart: Mall Blart

Two Beans posted:

Stop posting, pedo.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Maneck posted:

He re registered under a new name after a toxx ban. Booley tracks these things or sleuthed it out something.

At 50 posts a day in exactly the same threads makes it an easy puzzle to solve. Also getting horny for Anime children is noteworthy for any poster.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Maneck posted:

Mods are already looking into it. Let's talk about 40K instead.

I bought a bunch of organizers to sort my bits box.

Wizard
Aug 3, 2014

Paul Blart: Mall Blart

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Mods are already looking into it. Let's talk about 40K instead.

I bought a bunch of organizers to sort my bits box.

Somebody already mentioned it but ebay has a 15% promotion today. I grabbed some Wake the Dead boxes for a killer price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
What's your Kill Team storage solutions, folks? Was thinking of this for my Primaris since they're knocking around loose in a bag pocket at the moment, which can't be good for them.