Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
He looked pretty comfy in GOTG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Samuringa posted:

He looked pretty comfy in GOTG.

Even God had to rest for a day.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lying low as in not going for the stones until he found the Soul Stone makes sense. One guy having 5 stones would be a giant beacon for every cosmic being in the universe, while some genocidal space pirate isn’t going to attract much more attention than the Nova Corps

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Retro Futurist posted:

Lying low as in not going for the stones until he found the Soul Stone makes sense. One guy having 5 stones would be a giant beacon for every cosmic being in the universe, while some genocidal space pirate isn’t going to attract much more attention than the Nova Corps
Also conveniently the cosmic beings who posed a threat to him like Ego, the Asgardians/Odin, and probably someone else I’m forgetting are all gone/neutered by the end of Ragnarok.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

FlamingLiberal posted:

Also conveniently the cosmic beings who posed a threat to him like Ego,
You know, if you think about it, Thanos and Ego's plans weren't all that dissimilar.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
:wtc:

https://twitter.com/thr/status/1064986320253186049?s=21

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Do we have a long, defeated sigh emote

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Movie gonna make all the DC money

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Are we sure she's not just loving with us/the press? She is a bogan after all

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Are we sure she's not just loving with us/the press? She is a bogan after all

click through, THR confirmed it

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SlimGoodbody posted:

Do we have a long, defeated sigh emote

::birdsofpreyandthefantabulousemancipationofoneharleyquinn::

Hmm seems not as that would be the obvious choice for the BBcode.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Robbie's performance in Suicide Squad was adequate at best. Why bank on her Harley?

If they can have like ten different people playing Joker, why can't they try other people for Harley too? Maybe they'll find someone who can do an accent with some consistency.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because that version is insanely popular?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I liked her just fine in Suicide Squad and if that title is implying that the plot will involve her finally breaking away from her abusive boyfriend Joker with the help of some strong women heroes it might be worth it. Granted that is an obvious plot for the Gotham City Sirens and a waste of a Birds of Prey movie but I personally wouldn't mind seeing some follow through on what should have been the B plot of Suicide Squad.

It just needs to be a better made film than Suicide Squad.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I liked her just fine in Suicide Squad and if that title is implying that the plot will involve her finally breaking away from her abusive boyfriend Joker with the help of some strong women heroes it might be worth it. Granted that is an obvious plot for the Gotham City Sirens and a waste of a Birds of Prey movie but I personally wouldn't mind seeing some follow through on what should have been the B plot of Suicide Squad.

It just needs to be a better made film than Suicide Squad.

Yeah, why is this birds of prey and not sirens?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Because that version is insanely popular?

Her outfit was popular. Were there actually people that liked her performance in that movie?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
What an utterly insufferable title

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Jamesman posted:

Her outfit was popular. Were there actually people that liked her performance in that movie?

Just lol if you think DCEU fans take the actor performances into account when deciding how many POPs and New Era snapbacks to buy

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
itt goons wonder why a studio banks on an academy award nominated actor who was already successful in the role previously

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Retro Futurist posted:

He had the Mind Stone and then gave it to Loki in an attempt to get the Tesseract, and he expected Ronan to hand over the Power Stone.

He was definitely trying to get the stones, he just made lovely hiring decisions.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Soul Glo posted:

itt goons wonder why a studio banks on an academy award nominated actor who was already successful in the role previously

And in an Academy AwardTM-winning movie, don't forget!

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He had the Mind Stone and then gave it to Loki in an attempt to get the Tesseract, and he expected Ronan to hand over the Power Stone.

He was definitely trying to get the stones, he just made lovely hiring decisions.

Which is why there was a post credit scene in whichever movie it was of Thanos saying "gently caress it, I'll do it myself".

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Even in Infinity War he still sent the Black Order off to Earth to get the Time and Mind Stones.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Soul Glo posted:

Then there's the Will Smith spinoff movie? Also wasn't the guy who play Croc from Oz? That won awards. Where's my Croc movie?

Edit: What I'm saying is Margot Robbie's performance was nothing great and I didn't think the general public thought otherwise and decided "I want to see a Harley Quinn standalone film with that actress. She was really good in Wolf of Wall Street! That's important to me when watching her do a bad job playing this character I like in an outfit I can buy at Hot Topic."

But then again I'm not a DC exec so.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 21, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Harley is literally the only thing people remember from the movie, you're being dense.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Starsnostars posted:

Which is why there was a post credit scene in whichever movie it was of Thanos saying "gently caress it, I'll do it myself".

That was at the end of Age of Ultron which was strange because I don't think Thanos actually had anything to do with what happened in that movie (to the extent that he did it was very indirect).

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I remember "Why so serious?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamesman posted:

Then there's the Will Smith spinoff movie? Also wasn't the guy who play Croc from Oz? That won awards. Where's my Croc movie?

Edit: What I'm saying is Margot Robbie's performance was nothing great and I didn't think the general public thought otherwise and decided "I want to see a Harley Quinn standalone film with that actress. She was really good in Wolf of Wall Street! That's important to me when watching her do a bad job playing this character I like in an outfit I can buy at Hot Topic."

At some point you need to accept that you basically live under a rock, Jamesman.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Samuringa posted:

Harley is literally the only thing people remember from the movie, you're being dense.

The only thing I remember from the movie is Slipknot, the man who can climb anything.

Aphrodite posted:

At some point you need to accept that you basically live under a rock, Jamesman.

Fair. :saddowns:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

No no no, you don't get to forget Leto Joker. We all wish we could but Leto Joker is burned into our collective unconsciousness and will receive a solo film to punish us for our sins.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm trying to get a UN coalition formed that will stop DC from producing new media.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Nothing can stop Legends of Tomorrow.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Aphrodite posted:

Nonsense, next you're going to say Something Awful is a dead gay comedy forum.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Phylodox posted:

Nothing can stop Legends of Tomorrow.

That show deserves a feature film more than any other live action DC property right now. Someone give them a big budget film (they'll spend most of the budget on alcohol). Same cast of course. All the new and old characters return except for Hawkman.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Reset Smith posted:

What an utterly insufferable title

Just following in tracks of "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Jamesman posted:

Margot Robbie was great as Harley Quinn. It's an absolute trash monkeycheese character and she made it fun and made it work on the big screen and people loved her

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Why is Harley the focus of a birds of prey movie? Why not just make a Harley movie?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JT Smiley posted:

Why is Harley the focus of a birds of prey movie? Why not just make a Harley movie?

They're doing that too.

There's going to be 3 Harley movies and also Suicide Squad 2.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

JT Smiley posted:

Because the one second of her bending over in front of the shop window in the suicide squad trailer sold $200 million work of tickets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think we forget sometimes that this thread has very different tastes than the movie going public.

• Locked thread