Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
i give credit to the guy for wringing some enjoyment out of a dull series of events, but still very funny.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
For something that's been in development for 8 years or so, I would have thought they would have gotten past the tech demo stage? It's almost as if the engine they are using will never do what they want and will never support the volume of players they are advertising.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why should they ever launch the game as long as nerds will throw money at them to "help with development". They've been doing it for 8 years now

There is no end to fooling nerds

Two hundred million dollars, friends

Two hundred million dollars.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

STARCITIZEN: Found a very large lake.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

3.3.5 is definitely bug free and very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhHOKXRLInU
It cracked me up when you opened the door and your FPS fell so far the door had already closed by the time the next frame rendered.

This is what happens when you're a console peasant with less than 32GB of RAM. :rolleyes:

HexiDave
Mar 20, 2009

Spatial posted:

It cracked me up when you opened the door and your FPS fell so far the door had already closed by the time the next frame rendered.

This is what happens when you're a console peasant with less than 32GB of RAM. :rolleyes:

That's not the only thing that fell so far...

Also, look at all the city geometry that's loaded. That's loving crazy - we've had techniques to deal with poo poo like that for a solid 20 years now!

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
If you don't finish crafting satchels during the main story can you finish crafting them in the post game? Need to decide how much time to devote to hunting this panther.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

SC is played on nature's PC, the human mind

The Dreamatorium never closes!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Any software dev wanna guesstimate how many years and what budget it would have taken a competent company to produce this demo? I could swear I've seen better performing indy Unity stuff.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Beet Wagon posted:

The UI looks amazingly terrible.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Elevator safety regulations coming out in version Alpha PTU 3.3.6. Until then just don't look around too fast or walk into any walls or on certain floors.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

HexiDave posted:

That's not the only thing that fell so far...

Also, look at all the city geometry that's loaded. That's loving crazy - we've had techniques to deal with poo poo like that for a solid 20 years now!

Also notice how when he finally hit the bottom he hit the "water" and appeared to be drowning?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beet Wagon posted:

HexiDave
Mar 20, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Also notice how when he finally hit the bottom he hit the "water" and appeared to be drowning?

I mean, to be fair that's pretty normal for FPS games to have in the rare event the player finds a hole in their very carefully crafted world's to ensure the player at least doesn't soft-lock when playing.

This being an FPS engine with a space game mod grafted onto it - kicking and screaming - is mostly a haunting reminder of its origin, rather than the safety net it was meant to be.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Arcsquad12 posted:

The UI looks amazingly terrible.

Not only that but it's impossible to read while you're moving around. And yet I'm sure the star citizens think it's the best UI to ever be in a video game.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ah yes, the I'M NOT DELUSIONAL, YOU ARE! defense.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

The hype surronding the 200 million milestone is the definition of late stage capitalism. Like it's one thing to be excited about making money but these weirdos were cuming in their pants on account of a company they gave money to making more money.

WE DID IT GUYS! WE GAVE A COMPANY 200 MILLION DOLLARS HOLY poo poo!

I can only conclude that all the dead end jobs of the modern world have robbed people of their purpose so they look for validation and community in crazy poo poo like this.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just remembered that Kevin Costner was the one responsible for getting Chris blacklisted from Hollywood. He ripped him off with some bogus investments or something.
Thank you Mr. Costner, your meager contributions to cinema are nothing compared to all the real life comedy you have enabled.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Elderbean posted:

The hype surronding the 200 million milestone is the definition of late stage capitalism. Like it's one thing to be excited about making money but these weirdos were cuming in their pants on account of a company they gave money to making more money.

WE DID IT GUYS! WE GAVE A COMPANY 200 MILLION DOLLARS HOLY poo poo!

I can only conclude that all the dead end jobs of the modern world have robbed people of their purpose so they look for validation and community in crazy poo poo like this.

Is it better or worse than people donating money to Kylie Jenner so she can become the youngest billionaire?

I say worse since at least Kylie doesn't promise anything in return

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Will the free play be multiplayer? If so, it might be fun to troll everyone in the main ship launch area.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lodin posted:

Just remembered that Kevin Costner was the one responsible for getting Chris blacklisted from Hollywood.

I'd like to know more about this.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Please don't spread FUD, friend. That was a one-off bug that definitely didn't happen again in a somehow even funnier manner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipz4zK0STl0

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
why does the hud bounce but the camera doesn’t? wouldn’t that mean your space helmet is flopping around on your head?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

tyrelhill posted:

why does the hud bounce but the camera doesn’t? wouldn’t that mean your space helmet is flopping around on your head?

The camera used to bounce too because CIG are idiots. People complained because it was awful and made people sick, so this is what they came up with to preserve the fidelity

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Haha I forgot about that one. It looks so drat goofy.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Beet Wagon posted:

Please don't spread FUD, friend. That was a one-off bug that definitely didn't happen again in a somehow even funnier manner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipz4zK0STl0

I'm seeing a common thread in all these Star Shitischen vids.. step out of your ship / space station / outhouse then fall to hell :P

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I only step into this thread once in a blue moon to see if indeed nerds are still absolute morons and if this train is still chugging. The best lol of them all is that It is. It always is.

200 million dollars. Bravo.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

tyrelhill posted:

Every time I see it I crack up laughing because it is so loving stupid and a blatantly obvious sign that Crobbers and Co. have no loving clue at all what they are doing.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

The Rabbi T. White posted:

blatantly obvious sign that Crobbers and Co. have no loving clue at all what they are doing.

otoh

$200,000,000

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Statutory Ape posted:

otoh

$200,000,000

Yes, every product that has earned a lot of money is of the utmost quality which is why the Twilight movies and books are some of the greatest achievements of mankind.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Yes, every product that has earned a lot of money is of the utmost quality which is why the Twilight movies and books are some of the greatest achievements of mankind.

you have vastly misinterpreted my point

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Statutory Ape posted:

you have vastly misinterpreted my point

quote:

blatantly obvious sign that Crobbers and Co. have no loving clue at all what they are doing.

you assume theyre tryna make a good game

i assume theyre tryna make $200m

E: quote/edit, etc, whatever who cares

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/1064685184744853505
https://twitter.com/Max_Raider_85/status/1064805312149037056

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Pfft, Second Life did this ages ago.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Lol
*somebody comes up to you during a kickin rad party looking like he's looking for drugs*

"Hey, I head you're a gamer."

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Pfft, Second Life did this ages ago.

And that game let you have as many high-poly piercings as you wanted. How much piercing support does Star Citizen have, I wonder?

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Somfin posted:

And that game let you have as many high-poly piercings as you wanted. How much piercing support does Star Citizen have, I wonder?

This sounds like a question for the Stimporer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

*baller rear end party is going on, women are naked practically loving, bottles are poppin, the coke is flowing*

"You ever heard of that game star citizen?"