Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Circle Nine posted:

I for the life of me cannot find a control method I like in Splatoon 2 which is making it really unfun and frustrating when I keep getting slatted by people who are loads better than me in whatever the main online mode is called. Does anyone have any tips or am I just going to keep bouncing off this until either I give up or it just clicks?

Try playing the campaign to get a feel for the controls and settings you like. It's meant to be the tutorial mode to ease players in for online and to get used to the general gameplay and mechanics. (The base campaign, not Octo Expansion if you have it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
I bought Super Hydorah and Road Redemption last night. Both are fun and play very much like they do on PC, except RR has these crazy load times!

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Mercury Crusader posted:

Kids got it easy these days. Back in my day we had to rely on questionable fan translation summaries on GameFAQs if we couldn't read Japanese.
Or USENET.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1065050594036060160

Panic Button and Digital Extremes are loving wizards, even downscaled and at 30fps this looks really great.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Game looks fine in handheld. Haven't had any framerate issues and the world is more fun to explore then destiny 2 which also just started. Game is a little "loose" though. Haven't found a Target lock yet so things get sloppy in fights.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

Game looks fine in handheld. Haven't had any framerate issues and the world is more fun to explore then destiny 2 which also just started. Game is a little "loose" though. Haven't found a Target lock yet so things get sloppy in fights.

It’s very difficult for me to tell who’s a squadmate and who’s an enemy so I just go wild with my hitting stick whenever I’m within twenty feet of someone.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

bushisms.txt posted:

There's no target lock because the game is so loving chaotic that it's not worth it. Just throw as many bullets, knives, glaives and spells and you'll win.

I haven't tried the guro controls but I'm SHOCKED at how well it controls.

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib
Accidentally lost 1.5 hours of progress in Pokemon because I did the system update without thinking and I hadn't saved. Really surprised there isn't an auto save feature at all and pretty annoyed tbqh.

Rockbear
Sep 11, 2001

Milady, 'tis the clobbering hour.
For my switch warframe friends, a suggestion: go into the display options and turn off motion blur immediately. The vaseline effect will be gone.

Amazingly solid port, I've been boot scootin' around all afternoon.

There a group of us switch nintennos hanging out on this discord channel, we have a crappy little clan and we're happy to have you. We have long time PC/console players hanging out in the warframe channel who are happy to offer insights.

https://discord.gg/JAxXeEc

edit: the PC account migration tool is just a copy, it brings over your stuff (but not plat) to switch without altering your PC account in any way. Anything newer than revenant doesn't come along, and after that copy, your progress is separate. There's no cross-progress or cross-play (yet).

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Heath posted:

I've been playing Gradius Gaiden on my PSP and I'm fuckin pissed that it isn't on Switch. Port every drat shmup
Get Super Hydorah!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Weedle posted:

It’s very difficult for me to tell who’s a squadmate and who’s an enemy so I just go wild with my hitting stick whenever I’m within twenty feet of someone.

Spy check.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Heath posted:

I've been playing Gradius Gaiden on my PSP and I'm fuckin pissed that it isn't on Switch. Port every drat shmup

you know what's rear end is if you have a vita for some reason you can't download it onto there directly, you have to go through the ps3. why dont they want us to play gradius on our new game boys? i'm only bringing this up cause i did that today specifically for gradius collection

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I've played a little bit of Warframe on PC and I'm just regurgiating what other goons told me so I'm no expert but the Rhino is pretty easy to earn when you feel like moving past your default frame. It's tanky as gently caress and with a galantine you can just charge into crowds and cut them down like a big fat badass. The Braton Prime is a balanced rifle.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 21, 2018

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

japtor posted:

Get Super Hydorah!

Way ahead of you

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rockbear posted:

For my switch warframe friends, a suggestion: go into the display options and turn off motion blur immediately. The vaseline effect will be gone.

Amazingly solid port, I've been boot scootin' around all afternoon.

There a group of us switch nintennos hanging out on this discord channel, we have a crappy little clan and we're happy to have you. We have long time PC/console players hanging out in the warframe channel who are happy to offer insights.

https://discord.gg/JAxXeEc

edit: the PC account migration tool is just a copy, it brings over your stuff (but not plat) to switch without altering your PC account in any way. Anything newer than revenant doesn't come along, and after that copy, your progress is separate. There's no cross-progress or cross-play (yet).

The transfer was super easy but not bringing over plat stings a bit. I have 600 or so on PC.

PRO TIP: If you are in a region that is generally seen as "poor", you will get plat discount coupons more often than others.
So, if you live in Honduras or something, you can get a lot of cool stuff fairly easy.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Warframe, when I had it connected to the dock (where I have a network adapter) told me my NAT was strict and to open some ports. Any ideas? Never seen that warning before, maybe network adapter-related. Because I’m set to moderate, overall.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 21, 2018

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

DLC Inc posted:

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1065050594036060160

Panic Button and Digital Extremes are loving wizards, even downscaled and at 30fps this looks really great.

I’m not disagreeing that it’s impressive but I’m finding those really impressive Warframe screenshots to be extremely cherry-picked. It does look like that, in moments, but mostly very shimmery and fuzzy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Feenix posted:

I’m not disagreeing that it’s impressive but I’m finding those really impressive Warframe screenshots to be extremely cherry-picked. It does look like that, in moments, but mostly very shimmery and fuzzy.

Turn off motion blur and bloom.
It makes a world of difference

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Feenix posted:

It does look like that, in moments, but mostly very shimmery and fuzzy.

you're right, it is Warframe

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Playing Pokémon I've noticed my left joycon is a bit messed up (you have to really shove the thumbs tick down to get your player to run down, otherwise he alternates between walking/running super quickly). Is there a quick fix?

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I think it might just be the game, honestly. I get the same issue even after recalibrating my joy con, even though I've never had any such issues in other games.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Alan_Shore posted:

Playing Pokémon I've noticed my left joycon is a bit messed up (you have to really shove the thumbs tick down to get your player to run down, otherwise he alternates between walking/running super quickly). Is there a quick fix?

I had this and I was able to fix it by going into the system settings, updating the controller and then recalibrating it a few times.

It’s only ever happened in that game but I did fix it 100% this way.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Inzombiac posted:

Turn off motion blur and bloom.
It makes a world of difference

It did. Those super sharp photo are moments of best-case scenario, but yes, that helped. Thanks. (I had motion blur off. I guess it was the bloom?)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Weedle posted:

Feenix posted:

It does look like that, in moments, but mostly very shimmery and fuzzy.

Working as intended. Trying to decide to copy my PC stuff over or go ahead and start from the beginning. I was mostly a casual player so I'm not too terribly far ahead.

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 21, 2018

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm using tilt controls

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wamdoodle posted:

Working as intended. Trying to decide to copy my PC stuff over or go ahead and start from the beginning. I was mostly a casual player so I'm not too terribly far ahead.

You might as well copy since it doesn't delete your PC progress.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Rolo posted:

I had this and I was able to fix it by going into the system settings, updating the controller and then recalibrating it a few times.

It’s only ever happened in that game but I did fix it 100% this way.

That's good to hear, I'll try that. Thanks guys

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yeah, there's something weird about the walk/run transition in Pokemon. It's not a frame rate hitch. There's something wrong with the animation whenever I take a 180 turn. The game doesn't handle it well.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Feenix posted:

Warframe, when I had it connected to the dock (where I have a network adapter) told me my NAT was strict and to open some ports. Any ideas? Never seen that warning before, maybe network adapter-related. Because I’m set to moderate, overall.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22455/~/troubleshooting-issues-related-to-nat actually does a good job of summing up what you need. if you actually get into port forwarding & DMZ stuff that's pretty specific to the router/modem.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Alan_Shore posted:

That's good to hear, I'll try that. Thanks guys

I don’t remember what specifically did it, but it was 100% in the system menu, play around with updating and calibrating and eventually you’ll get it. It was a game breaker for me because my guy wouldn’t run to the right unless I was stressing the input, which was really annoying and impossible to get used to.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Inzombiac posted:

You might as well copy since it doesn't delete your PC progress.

Yeah went ahead and did it. Friggin portable Warframe. What's the babby Switch clan?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Warframe is a really cool game now. I tried it years ago on PS4 but wasn’t impressed. I think I may actually get into it Switch. It also supports voice chat through the headphone jack like Fortnite does and no need for the silly phone app.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Wamdoodle posted:

Yeah went ahead and did it. Friggin portable Warframe. What's the babby Switch clan?

Yeah someone start this please

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Weedle posted:

I have 1600 hours on PC and I still do that. And not just occasionally, all the goddamned time.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Weedle posted:

Melee is hilariously fun with a good build.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Does Diablo III have online co-op? I know It has local, and LAN network, but I wanna play with other people online.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

ChocNitty posted:

Does Diablo III have online co-op? I know It has local, and LAN network, but I wanna play with other people online.

Yes but you have to have Nintendo Online.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

It does not fit in the dock unfortunately, but it comes off so easy, it's not needed. It's construction is pretty advanced compared to other grips, you should check out a comparison video. It's made the switch a lot more accessible for me.

Also it's very easy to get in and out of the grip. It's deceiving how snug it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGJbUtpFm64

I played a couple of hours of Warframe today and it convinced me that I did need a grip to play undocked for an extended period so I ordered one of these from Amazon. Thanks for the suggestion. I was looking at the Skull and Co one as well but this seemed like the better option for the issues I have with my wrist and hands.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

That satisfye grip is pretty great. I can play without destroying the big joint in my thumb now within ~20 minutes! I still have some wrist and forearm pain, but I suspect that’s more from work stuff (though playing switch certainly doesn’t help matters, even with the grip)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
does World of Final Fantasy have voice acting? Can you change it? I'm uh.... asking for a friend

I'm on the fence about buying it (I know it's not amazing though) because I could really go for some turn-based RPG right now and I'm also in the mood for Final Fantasy. Also the stupid chibis are adorable. I mean, what I really want is for the FF remasters to come out but I'm guessing we won't see those in a year or two. :v: