Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

I'm glad that I was overly pessimistic here.

Mia showed me no love.

Radish posted:

The idiots saying "actually Joe Lieberman was a DEMOCRATIC vice presidential candidate STUPID" to AOC are outing themselves in a honeypot for dumbfucks. She really has a knack for getting losers to self own. Chuds trying to pretend she is less intelligent that them or their worthless grifter leaders couldn't be more ridiculous.

They're also the kind of idiots who say Robert Mueller and John McCain are Democrats. But not as a joke, they really believe that.

Horses can't order drinks at a bar moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Hellblazer187 posted:

The gently caress kind of personal assistant makes 90k

Full service (not a joke, this was a thing at Enron)

Also, and unrelated: holy crap, McAdams actually won! I guess I’m not owned?

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Jaxyon posted:

See what I mean?

Yeah, judging by how the Cuck Schumer meme plays on this forum, it is misogynistic for men here to assume incompetent sincerity when perfidious plotting explains her behavior perfectly well.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Schumer is worse than Pelosi. Pelosi would not have hosed up so badly on judicial noms in the way that he did.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
whole lot of Definitely Not Sexist posts suddenly

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

themrguy posted:

Schumer is worse than Pelosi. Pelosi would not have hosed up so badly on judicial noms in the way that he did.

Absolutely.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

themrguy posted:

This is probably true. (The part about her not loving up the judicial nominees, Schumer is definitely worse)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/BronaghTumulty/status/1065050878250385408

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Watching the Miss debate. Hyde Smithe is very obviously reading a script after being asked about the lynching video. Like, looking down at a piece of paper obvious.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

I'm curious as to whether Schumer is literally the best Dem in the senate, or the best they can attempt without the blue dogs voting for a Republican.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Pour one out for Mia Love tonight haha jk pour one out to celebrate her getting tossed get hosed scumbag Mia Love

McAdams sucks too but hey ~blue wave~

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ceiling fan posted:

Watching the Miss debate. Hyde Smithe is very obviously reading a script after being asked about the lynching video. Like, looking down at a piece of paper obvious.

Her opening statement was asking voters to go on Trumps website to buy tickets to the rally

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

EdithUpwards posted:

I'm curious as to whether Schumer is literally the best Dem in the senate, or the best they can attempt without the blue dogs voting for a Republican.

He brings in a ton of cash for Democrats. He’s good at that, but that isn’t at all what he Senate Minority Leader is supposed to be.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

EdithUpwards posted:

There isn't anything like a Speaker of the House in the Senate. The vote where you imagine this would happen would never be taken. Only Republicans voted for McConnell - only Democrats for their minority leader.

So to answer your question: Schumer is the person Senate Dems agreed on without any of the machinations you might see in the House vote for Speaker. They've got no excuse.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Her opening statement was asking voters to go on Trumps website to buy tickets to the rally

Yeah, the rest sounded like she was reading a fox news word cloud from the inside out.

But she did just string together a coherent statement saying she supports the second amendment and schools can be protected by having cops go after crazy people.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Good, I'm glad. She was terrible and homophobic.

Edmund Lava posted:

He brings in a ton of cash for Democrats. He’s good at that, but that isn’t at all what he Senate Minority Leader is supposed to be.

He's able to leverage that into a leadership role. I'm not sure who would replace him if he died / retired / was voted out, though. Durbin, maybe? or Van Hollen. None of the 2020 runners are going to look for that spot if they're angling for the big chair, so that cuts down on the viable candidates pretty heavily.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

EdithUpwards posted:

Schumer doesn't need 51 votes, he only needs the majority of his own party.

The speaker of the house is the only position in congress where they need a majority of the entire house.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Jaxyon posted:

whole lot of Definitely Not Sexist posts suddenly

so any and all criticism of a woman is sexist?

cause you don't seem to be able to defend your opinion that pelosi is the best without calling anyone who disagrees with you sexist

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Espy just landed a couple good hits. Went on attack about voting against pre-existing conditions. Just before a question asking Hyde-Smith about that.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Condiv posted:

so any and all criticism of a woman is sexist?

cause you don't seem to be able to defend your opinion that pelosi is the best without calling anyone who disagrees with you sexist

That's a really dumb response to my original post and the very dumb responses.

<---- lol look how mad people are about Pelosi

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

So this is why she tried to stop the count while she was ahead? Mia Love somehow new continuing to count the votes would result in her losing? I have so many questions.

Also isn't the Fudge thing because she supported a spouse beater and, eventually, murderer? She wasn't going to be speaker after that.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Jaxyon posted:

That's a really dumb response to my original post and the very dumb responses.

<---- lol look how mad people are about Pelosi

what i quoted seemed to imply the people who were responding to you were sexist. is that not what you were trying to imply?

and try not to be too angry about the av, i got this av from posting in a qcs thread (i think)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

InsertPotPun posted:

So this is why she tried to stop the count while she was ahead? Mia Love somehow new continuing to count the votes would result in her losing? I have so many questions.

Also isn't the Fudge thing because she supported a spouse beater and, eventually, murderer? She wasn't going to be speaker after that.

She tried to stop the count while she was behind. Then she got ahead and fell behind again, both after the court said no

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

cheetah7071 posted:

She tried to stop the count while she was behind. Then she got ahead and fell behind again, both after the court said no

Why would she try to stop the count while behind?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

InsertPotPun posted:

Why would she try to stop the count while behind?

Leading theory is she didn't quite get the point behind the florida messaging on fox

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Condiv posted:

what i quoted seemed to imply the people who were responding to you were sexist. is that not what you were trying to imply?

and try not to be too angry about the av, i got this av from posting in a qcs thread (i think)

What I originally posted was that Pelosi is incredibly competent, independent of where she actually gets things on issues. She gets poo poo done. That doesn't mean gettting the most ideologically left things done(which is the problem I have with her).

In a country that was less sexist, she'd be widely respected for her competence and forcefulness, but since she's not a penis-haver, she isn't. People need to insist she's *also* incompetent.

This makes people pretty mad because "I'm a leftist, I can't be sexist" in spite of all the sexism I've seen in every leftist space I've ever been in, mostly from white cis dudes.

edit: Basically like a couple of months ago when people couldn't possibly comprehend that Ben Carson was an absolutely amazingly brilliant surgeon because he's super bad at everything political and refused to admit that some unconscious racism might play into that.

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 21, 2018

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
And she plugged the Trump rally in her closing remarks.
Following up with abortion, abortion, abortion.

Edit: Strong finish by Espy. Went on full attack. Saying even Wal-Mart wants nothing to do with her, she's an embarrassment, and wants to drag Mississippi back into the past.

Ceiling fan fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 21, 2018

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Leading theory is she didn't quite get the point behind the florida messaging on fox

i thought her 'stop the count' suit was only in one specific county that was bad for her?

i might be wrong, but i seem to remember thinking it wasn't a dumb move per se, just incredibly transparent "please count red counties not blue ones" poo poo

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

InsertPotPun posted:

Fudge was never going to be speaker with a coalition of like 15 dudes, but she could still raise a stink and throw some underhanded 'diversity' punches while she was at it so Pelosi bought her off with a committee chair

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Fudge kind of lost all of her leverage after that letter of her defending that wife beater/ now wide murderer came out.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ceiling fan posted:

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1064967794528272389

edit: missed this one
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1065061256376344577

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Jaxyon posted:

What I originally posted was that Pelosi is incredibly competent, independent of where she actually gets things on issues. She gets poo poo done. That doesn't mean gettting the most ideologically left things done(which is the problem I have with her).

In a country that was less sexist, she'd be widely respected for her competence and forcefulness, but since she's not a penis-haver, she isn't. People need to insist she's *also* incompetent.

This makes people pretty mad because "I'm a leftist, I can't be sexist" in spite of all the sexism I've seen in every leftist space I've ever been in, mostly from white cis dudes.

edit: Basically like a couple of months ago when people couldn't possibly comprehend that Ben Carson was an absolutely amazingly brilliant surgeon because he's super bad at political at everything political and refused to admit that some unconscious racism might play into that.

see the thing here is you've asserted she's incredibly competent, and then asserted that anyone who disagrees with that must be sexist. that doesn't quite follow. there are plenty of other reasons they could disagree with you. hell, they could disagree with you, be wrong, and be wrong for non-sexist reasons. for example, they could think she's incompetent cause they are to the left of her, and are letting their fervor for leftism and their hatred of her policies blind themselves to her good qualities

i don't know where you argued before and i'm not able to judge if the leftists you ran into. however, the one that i saw you point to in this thread as sexist didn't seem to post anything sexist wrt pelosi, but rather disagreed with you as to whether or not she was competent, at which point you immediately called him sexist. can you defend your opinions without immediately labeling Rectal Death Adept as sexist?

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Pelosi is an effective procedural ratfucking knife-fighter with wealthy SF-liberal politics. Schumer's politics are a little bit worse, and he's nowhere near as effective a procedural fighter as Pelosi. I don't know if he isn't as capable as being as effectively ruthless as McConnell, or if he's just opposed to it based on fondness for the institution (a lot of the senate is based on unwritten norm poo poo), but the end result is the same.

Honestly I'd rather have the hardball pol in the senate. Given the massive disadvantage dems are up against there, the ones that get in, especially from safe blue states, need to be more willing to play hardball and burn it all down.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1065064230657900544
https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/1065065960149868544

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 21, 2018

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Why did Espy give in to this poo poo?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
This debate sounds like it should be a shitshow, but it'll probably just get ignored

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

She also wanted an entire 55-gallon drum of diamonds, her own private jet, and her opponent to be mysteriously dissappeared, never to be seen again.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Your Taint posted:

She also wanted an entire 55-gallon drum of diamonds, her own private jet, and her opponent to be mysteriously dissappeared, never to be seen again.

https://twitter.com/espyforsenate/status/1065061380120813569

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Your Taint posted:

The Trump admin appears amenable to letting that last part happen, judging from his treatment of the Saudis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

EdithUpwards posted:

Suchumer one of the most senior Dems in the senate, which he means he gets the gig by almost default. His only competition is Dick Durbin.

God bless senority