Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

...! posted:

what if i want to be boxturret

boxturret is already taken but you can be boxturret1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i'm more worried that the loving aclu is now a blockchain pusher

alt-coin laundering union?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Boxturret posted:

boxturret is already taken but you can be gently caress

rear end

boxtourettes

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:smith:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
boxtur~1.ret

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3GbBRIcttw

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Boxturret posted:

boxturret is already taken but you can be boxturret1

Boxturret Cash

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Powershift posted:

Boxturret Cash

boxturret-jr

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

why do you keep hurting us

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Powershift posted:

Boxturret Cash

bturretcash?????

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

why do they all look so tired, and why do they suck so much at lip syncing

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Sedge and Bee posted:

why do they all look so tired, and why do they suck so much at lip syncing

it's fascinating

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They couldn't even pay more than the $5 for black shirts on a white backdrop

https://www.fiverr.com/theadtwins/create-a-promotional-video-featuring-twins?ref_ctx_id=2a4639ca-c4f4-401c-94e7-5fe0822ae7e0

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

jesus christ fiverr is dumb

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sedge and Bee posted:

jesus christ fiverr is dumb

Maybe we can scrape together $5 and make a commercial for our launch of Boxturret Cash

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

yeah i thought that's what was going on, especially that guy in the suit there's a bunch of people in suits you can pay to embarrass themselves

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Hi internet, I will dance for pennies in front of a green screen because our society definitely isn't slipping into a techocapitalist hell, moreso every day

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sedge and Bee posted:

Hi internet, I will dance for pennies in front of a green screen because our society definitely isn't slipping into a techocapitalist hell, moreso every day

yeah its called "being an actor"

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i'm more worried that the loving aclu is now a blockchain pusher

same, but at least the replies are dragging them, almost to a man :unsmith:

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Sham bam bamina! posted:

oh for christ's sake

did you know a bank database is basically just computers? Anyone can do anything on a computer. It's as simple as typing in a google search and then, next thing you know, you have negative money!

bitcoin changes all that. bitcoin takes away the step where you have to touch the computer. you simply buy bitcoin, and your bank account will be zero, and your coins will be zero. it could not be easier

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
NICE!

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Sham bam bamina! posted:

oh for christ's sake

lol at worrying about student loans when you can just run away to uncle vlad’s freedom funpark

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Sham bam bamina! posted:

oh for christ's sake

i hate this because it's so wrong that i'm struggling to figure out where to start

yeah it's bad if someone can simply delete your bank balance, that's why there are a zillion measures against that

if only satoshi would come out of hiding and invent access control

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

bitcoin has always been centralised and relied on trust

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Powershift posted:

Maybe we can scrape together $5 and make a commercial for our launch of Boxturret Cash

For 50 you can get a washed-out internet celebrity like Tay Zonday or the Numa Numa guy do that for you.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

remember the IRS-CI needs to get the names of bigly hodlers from coinbase

then they need to get their bank statements

then they need to tally up their tax liability for the butts

then after all that they are gonna need to send a big fuckin bill to these rubes

the first part, with the names of bigly hodlers started in like march of this year

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Paladinus posted:

For 50 you can get a washed-out internet celebrity like Tay Zonday or the Numa Numa guy do that for you.
what about the actual rebecca black

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
@jorgestolfi has been arguing with LN proponents on twitter.

you will be unsurprised that their responses to pretty much every obvious mathematical problem with the idea, being told them by an actual computer scientist, is that it's only beta yet and you can't prove (problem) is a problem and

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

divabot posted:

@jorgestolfi has been arguing with LN proponents on twitter.

you will be unsurprised that their responses to pretty much every obvious mathematical problem with the idea, being told them by an actual computer scientist, is that it's only beta yet and you can't prove (problem) is a problem and

well duh, p=np is just short for "problem? = no problem!"

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

...! posted:

what if i want to be boxturret

i have it on good authority that you already are, danviss g. errol

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

⚡️:shopkeeper:⚡️
network
 ⚡️:shopkeeper:⚡️

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Sham bam bamina! posted:

what about the actual rebecca black

Used to be 50, and you would even get her latest album on top. But she's not around anymore, it looks like.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Paladinus posted:

Used to be 50, and you would even get her latest album on top. But she's not around anymore, it looks like.

200 if you didn't want the album.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
ztsmart [score hidden] 8 hours ago

I am getting real tired of these idiotic amateur economists proclaiming what a "real currency needs". You people are like those clowns in Idiocracy that water plants with Brawndo because it has electrolytes.

Bitcoin not only has all the properties a currency needs to succeed, but it has the best possible monetary properties a money could have.

If you think a currency needs to be "stable" in a market that very much dynamic and very stable, you are setting yourself up for a massive failure because the price you pay to avoid market-adjusted pricing is that your currency becomes very fragile and prone to black swan events.

One of these days your man behind the curtain is going to pull the wrong lever and you're going to get promptly hosed in the rear end by a big black swan. And when this happens, I'm sure you will loudly blame bitcoin, but really you will only have yourself to blame.

Good luck with your "stable" money, dumbass

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

...! posted:

I am getting real tired of these idiotic amateur economists proclaiming what a "real currency needs". You people are like those clowns in Idiocracy that water plants with Brawndo because it has electrolytes.

Bitcoin not only has all the properties a currency needs to succeed, but it has the best possible monetary properties a money could have.

If you think a currency needs to be "stable" in a market that very much dynamic and very stable, you are setting yourself up for a massive failure because the price you pay to avoid market-adjusted pricing is that your currency becomes very fragile and prone to black swan events.

One of these days your man behind the curtain is going to pull the wrong lever and you're going to get promptly hosed in the rear end by a big black swan. And when this happens, I'm sure you will loudly blame bitcoin, but really you will only have yourself to blame.

Good luck with your "stable" money, dumbass

"you people are like those idiots who thought plants need electrolytes. In fact wildfires are good for forests"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just lol if you don't want your currency to be super volatile and abysmally slow.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

...! posted:

One of these days your man behind the curtain is going to pull the wrong lever and you're going to get promptly hosed in the rear end by a big black swan

please don’t kink shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
more like ztdumb :smugmrgw:

• Locked thread