Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

cinni posted:

The robot that will save you a parking spot on Black Friday: MyPark app deploys automated place-holders in malls across the US

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6407307/The-robot-save-parking-space-Black-Friday.html

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Download the MyPark app and make an account.

Then, enter your destination and select a parking space from the map.

Each spot costs a few dollars to reserve.

After a spot is reserved and paid for, MyPark automatically deploys its robot device that will hold the space until you arrive.

Once you get to your destination, tap 'Let me in' on the app and the robot collapses so that your car can drive over it.

Users can book a spot for immediate use or up to six months in advance.

(I foresee nothing bad at all happening to or because of these stupid little robots, especially during a Black Friday craze.....)

It’s the high tech version of when people put their lawn chairs out in the street in cities when it snows to save their dug out parking spaces: no one gives a poo poo and your chair will be thrown aside

I guess the argument would be that the places camera would pick it up but if anything that place would just tell you to go gently caress yourself because you’re blocking access to their property with your weird drone thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I was an employee at toys r us from 96-1999 and at Best Buy in 2000-2002 and watching people fight over parking spaces on Black Friday is like the best thing ever

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

It’s the high tech version of when people put their lawn chairs out in the street in cities when it snows to save their dug out parking spaces: no one gives a poo poo and your chair will be thrown aside

I guess the argument would be that the places camera would pick it up but if anything that place would just tell you to go gently caress yourself because you’re blocking access to their property with your weird drone thing

It looks like they're doing it as a partnership with the stores.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

mrkillboy posted:

a loaf of bread is a lot cheaper than buying a bunch of hot dogs buns.

If anything, that's a fortuitous coincidence. They serve sausages in bread because that's the way it's done. If you're having a barbecue at home you eat sausages in bread, not in rolls. If you're running a sausage sizzle you serve sausages in bread. That's what's expected.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

If anything, that's a fortuitous coincidence. They serve sausages in bread because that's the way it's done. If you're having a barbecue at home you eat sausages in bread, not in rolls. If you're running a sausage sizzle you serve sausages in bread. That's what's expected.

Rolls are bread.

Everything is a sandwich.

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat
Is soup a sandwich?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Well, yes. I meant sliced bread.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
Waiting for bunnings to declare that they need to butter the loving bread. Because they need to butter the loving bread.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Aesop Poprock posted:

The stores are in on it and getting a cut. It's not just random spots, section of the lot will be the reserved section now. The only difference is that instead of having a staff member put out Reserved placards an app will do it.

The "drones" aren't mobile, the are probably secured into the pavement so they can't just be picked up and moved aside. It's not a concrete bollard so you could try to just drive over it, but I imagine it calls for help if it is damaged and store security will be out with a quickness and prosecute for vandalism unless you bribe them pay a fine.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Depraved Chinese women are bringing the country down, says education billionaire

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Being brought down by depraved Chinese women is how I want to die.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

By popular demand posted:

Being brought down by depraved Chinese women is how I want to die.

Unfortunately we have you down as it being anime nazis instead. Sorry about that.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

The MSJ posted:

Also his brother who has his own band is pissed at Jered for ruining his reputation by association.
The brother should name their next set of gigs "the I'm not my moron brother tour".

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Scathach posted:

So uh...what's stopping me from picking the robot up and moving it a space over?

Haha, this guy thought these robots aren't gonna have a weapons system built in to prevent that and make rising up easier.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

u sp33k l33t br0 posted:

Is soup a sandwich?

Only if it's served in a bread bowl, you philistine

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jobson groeth posted:

Unfortunately we have you down as it being anime nazis instead. Sorry about that.

*googles*

Of course that's a loving thing

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Don Gato posted:

Only if it's served in a bread bowl, you philistine
What about croutons

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Randaconda posted:

*googles*

Not checking but I would be extremely surprised if DiaperNazis aren't a thing.

(something something Shmorkey's girlfriend)

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

*googles*

I went to otakon in Baltimore in I think 2008 and there were a bunch of teenagers dressed up as nazi catboys which is a character I want to say from Hellsing? Whichever supernatural anime it is that has Nazis as the badguys. They were wearing the swastika arm bands and Sieg heiling and everything, I had a bunch of pictures but they all got lost when my phone died for good. It was hilarious. I’m not even sure these kids knew that Nazis were real

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Aesop Poprock posted:

I went to otakon in Baltimore in I think 2008 and there were a bunch of teenagers dressed up as nazi catboys which is a character I want to say from Hellsing? Whichever supernatural anime it is that has Nazis as the badguys. They were wearing the swastika arm bands and Sieg heiling and everything, I had a bunch of pictures but they all got lost when my phone died for good. It was hilarious. I’m not even sure these kids knew that Nazis were real

Man you just reminded me this idiocy happened when I lived in Boston: https://hetalia.livejournal.com/6828345.html

quote:

I was just informed that this was a bad move. There was a Holocaust Memorial a block away. And it had slipped my mind that it was Easter this weekend...And we were heiling for one picture. I feel so...I want to shoot myself for this.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I mean Japan is weird about Nazis and kind of fetishes them and even if they’re viewed as badguys in stuff like Full Metal Alchemist teenagers are just going to adopt it because badguys are cool and they don’t really know much about the holocaust. I don’t really blame the kids, I was dumb as hell as a young teenager and edgy stuff appealed to me although I was fully aware of how bad Nazis were from 6th grade on because we had a wonderful frail old Jewish lady who survived a concentration camp come to talk to us at an assembly and I don’t think there are many of those left to directly engage students

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Not checking but I would be extremely surprised if DiaperNazis aren't a thing.

(something something Shmorkey's girlfriend)

quote:

Alt-Right Furries Are Raging Online, And Leftist Furries Wonder What Is To Be Done

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5aba4741e4b054d118e70e7d/amp

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is that nazi wolf at a loving sports bar

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Would that truly be any weirder than anything else you've seen recently?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Would that truly be any weirder than anything else you've seen recently?

No

But beyond being a furry who is also a nazi, what state of mind leads you into a place where you’re going to be loudly mocked and possibly beaten up? There’s so many layers to the baffling decisions here

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Aesop Poprock posted:

No

But beyond being a furry who is also a nazi, what state of mind leads you into a place where you’re going to be loudly mocked and possibly beaten up? There’s so many layers to the baffling decisions here

I think once you've embraced being a Nazi furry as your identity and have purchased all the equipment, you're pretty well past considering how normal society will react to things.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

What I don't get is once a person had shed all semblance of morality and shame, why not just join the GOP?
:rimshot:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

What I don't get is once a person had shed all semblance of morality and shame, why not just join the GOP?
:rimshot:

I was gonna say there’s no way that person didn’t vote for trump but as a nazi furry you have to have a 100% likelihood of picking up a felony sex assault conviction along the line somewhere

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

MOFO, You don't get to hang out with the furred riech unless you got at least 2 creatively novel charges of sexual assault, like assuault on a beehive with a sextoy made of processed vegtables or some poo poo
:chaostrump:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MOFO, You don't get to hang out with the furred riech unless you got at least 2 creatively novel charges of sexual assault, like assuault on a beehive with a sextoy made of processed vegtables or some poo poo
:chaostrump:

“I’m pollinating the hive with pure wolf genes!! Get off of me you SJW Soros goon!!!”

*is dragged away by a fat security guard while a family and their crying children head back to their SUV from Happy Hendry’s Honey Farm*

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

No

Trolling.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Florida isn't just for men anymore.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Splicer posted:

The brother should name their next set of gigs "the I'm not my moron brother tour".

You're thinking of the Zappas.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah I mean Japan is weird about Nazis and kind of fetishes them and even if they’re viewed as badguys in stuff like Full Metal Alchemist teenagers are just going to adopt it because badguys are cool and they don’t really know much about the holocaust. I don’t really blame the kids, I was dumb as hell as a young teenager and edgy stuff appealed to me although I was fully aware of how bad Nazis were from 6th grade on because we had a wonderful frail old Jewish lady who survived a concentration camp come to talk to us at an assembly and I don’t think there are many of those left to directly engage students

While I understand how stupid we can all be when we were teenagers, then you also get the people who are just willfully stupid. At a past job I had, we had one of the younger guys show up wearing a Che shirt who couldn't understand why the Cubans we worked with were giving him the cold shoulder. Even after explaining to him that the Revolution wasn't seen as a good thing for many Cubans and in the case of one of our co-workers, only her and an Aunt were the only survivors of their large family as the rest were all butchered by Che, he still couldn't wrap his mind around anything other than revolutionaries = good.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

M_Sinistrari posted:

While I understand how stupid we can all be when we were teenagers, then you also get the people who are just willfully stupid. At a past job I had, we had one of the younger guys show up wearing a Che shirt who couldn't understand why the Cubans we worked with were giving him the cold shoulder. Even after explaining to him that the Revolution wasn't seen as a good thing for many Cubans and in the case of one of our co-workers, only her and an Aunt were the only survivors of their large family as the rest were all butchered by Che, he still couldn't wrap his mind around anything other than revolutionaries = good.

So basically what you saw was one of the Internet communists, but in real life.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Facebook Aunt posted:

The stores are in on it and getting a cut. It's not just random spots, section of the lot will be the reserved section now. The only difference is that instead of having a staff member put out Reserved placards an app will do it.

The "drones" aren't mobile, the are probably secured into the pavement so they can't just be picked up and moved aside. It's not a concrete bollard so you could try to just drive over it, but I imagine it calls for help if it is damaged and store security will be out with a quickness and prosecute for vandalism unless you bribe them pay a fine.

Oh, it's in parking lots, not on public streets.

That makes a difference.

I'd love to see them try it on streets in Boston/Chicago/New York. :allears:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Der Kyhe posted:

So basically what you saw was one of the Internet communists, but in real life.

At the time this happened, Internet communists didn't seem so visible so this was my first time encountering someone like this. He also insisted he was a Libertarian and couldn't understand why anyone wouldn't be a Libertarian. When he eventually got fired for attendance issues because he developed a WoW addiction, it was a relief.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-46286215

American 'killed in India by endangered Andamans tribe'

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
They have those parking spot things in a shopping center near me. It's basically a gate that folds down into the space if you pay on an app. They are the "best" (closest) spots to the stores. There are only like 6 or 8 of them.

On a normal day its like $3 to do the thing, but I suspect it might be a bit more expensive on Black Friday. I have literally never seen them in use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Randaconda posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-46286215

American 'killed in India by endangered Andamans tribe'

When is Trump declaring that they have WMDs and must be invaded?