Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icey
Nov 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

A Tasteful Nude posted:

somebody roll moneybags 2.0 over here a cigar shaped bitmap with your finest megabytes

I just used "2.0" in my diss above. You cant use it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

an angry red owl posted:

:hmmyes: Objection sustained. Counsel will refrain from stealing each other's insults.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
order in the court!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Making money from something doesn't make it good or worth while. Good examples are war profiteering, slavery, and theft. Mmmmm theft

Icey
Nov 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Goodpancakes posted:

Making money from something doesn't make it good or worth while. Good examples are war profiteering, slavery, and theft. Mmmmm theft

I'm a logical positivist. I don't believe metaphysical statements are verifiable. Therefore, thou shalt not steal is the logical equivalent of saying "Yay for not stealing!" It's just an emotional response.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

an angry red owl posted:

My overall profit from crypto is more than your yearly salary. Still starting to think its just gambling.

im paid hourly op so my yearly salary is $0

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Master Twig posted:

So Bitcoin is to Cryptocurrencies what Dungeons and Dragons is to Table Top RPGS?

Yeah but everyone at the table is constantly rolling dice until someone rolls a 100 and that person gets to decide what all of the other characters do next. And people spend their entire life savings on dice that they've been told make them more likely to roll perfect 100s

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

an angry red owl posted:

I'm a logical positivist. I don't believe metaphysical statements are verifiable. Therefore, thou shalt not steal is the logical equivalent of saying "Yay for not stealing!" It's just an emotional response.

You’re a miserable rear end in a top hat.

The Reddit sub is carving out an argument that the currency is falling because people aren’t actually using it as a currency. You need to start using it to buy coffee, lunch, cars, clothing...just about everything. The economy needs to be built!

The only reason this is failing is because people don’t believe in Bitcoin enough!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

an angry red owl posted:

fresh regdate, so are you the pedophile aaro or are you the pedophile who pretended to be a woman in the altcoin thread? Moxxis Endowment I think?

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 21, 2018

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gazpacho posted:

welcome back ghostty

Look money bags here has plenty of fiat for alts now.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

QuarkJets posted:

fresh regdate, so are you the pedophile aaro or are you the pedophile who pretended to be a woman in the altcoin thread? Moxxis Endowment I think?
Is it really that hard to decipher this mystery?

An Angry Red Owl
A A R O

Hang himmmm!!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

i want to believe that aaro isn't such a moronic sad sack that he had to come back to this thread just to get taunted and then banned again for his eternal shame of demanding pictures of naked children

but he has disappointed me so many times before

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

an angry red owl posted:

That's a hell of a post :allears:

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

an angry red owl posted:

ya think some bitcoin people gotta be normal, statistically, but nooooooooooope

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

19 o'clock posted:

You’re a miserable rear end in a top hat.

The Reddit sub is carving out an argument that the currency is falling because people aren’t actually using it as a currency. You need to start using it to buy coffee, lunch, cars, clothing...just about everything. The economy needs to be built!

The only reason this is failing is because people don’t believe in Bitcoin enough!

I mean that's actually true, if Bitcoin was a widely accepted currency, it wouldn't rapidly crash

It also wouldn't appreciate

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Bitcoiner subscribes to dead, refuted philosophy. News at 11

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Photex posted:

what is this rally, last gasp? who is crazy enough to be buying

Bots. Market manipulation is magic.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

an angry red owl posted:

I'm a logical positivist. I don't believe metaphysical statements are verifiable. Therefore, thou shalt not steal gently caress children is the logical equivalent of saying "Yay for not stealing loving children!" It's just an emotional response.

:thunk:

What are your opinions on age of consent laws?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

The Butcher posted:

I've been in bitcoin since the beginning. I was watching when that dude bought the 10,000 btc pizza. I bought in at 16 cents, I bought in at $6000. I sold at $1300, I sold at $4000. Since then I've been largely inactive on this sub and in crypto in general.

I've made more than I've lost with BTC but the point was never about making money off an investment like a stock, it was about buying bitcoin so I could spend it. This sub used to get excited about more people USING bitcoin, now everyone's only concern is how much money they might lose. I think this sub has lost sight of what Bitcoin really is: a currency.

It's defined by how the majority of people use it, and that's not as a currency. Remember when it was touted as being good for microtransactions? lol

Good on those who either mined or bought coins very early on and managed to walk away with significant profits despite both the volatility and exchange after exchange collapsing. I'm realistic enough to know that even if I had thrown $100 at it way back when, I'd have either cashed out way before it went over $10,000, lost it in one of the exchange collapses, or both.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

wilderthanmild posted:

I wonder how that guy I know who moved all of his savings to various crypto is doing. Hopefully he got out, but he was being super smug about it on social media when he bought in essentially at the peak.

There were multiple "I converted my entire life savings and debts to bitcoin/crypto and so should you" articles going around years ago, the vast majority of those people are in complete denial over how hosed they are and becaome McAfee cheerleaders. You have to be touched in a special way to see poo poo like this

and unironically go :tif:

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 22, 2018

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Saw this on the train and laughed

https://i.imgur.com/giGLUNd_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Yeah, what a great time to invest

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Soylent Yellow posted:

I thought the Chinese megafarms were mainly there as a money laundering operation to get cash out of China, and that any actual profit from selling the bitcoins was a bonus. A lot of them would probably be willing to keep running at a technical loss, depending on how much of a haircut the operators are willing to accept.

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

I've been operating under this hypothesis as well, but then, why wouldn't the Chinese government be bringing the hammer down on miners, then? It's not as if they're hard to find.

this is plausible, and it'd be a 100% bitcoin thing to do - but I still know of 0 smoking-gun evidence that this is actually significant, even just in the context of bitcoin mining

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

I've been operating under this hypothesis as well, but then, why wouldn't the Chinese government be bringing the hammer down on miners, then? It's not as if they're hard to find.

Chinese miners are basically acting like any other Chinese business, they're just selling bitcoins instead of one of the millions of other things that Chinese people sell abroad. Yuan is being used domestically to produce things that foreigners want, the Chinese government encourages that kind of behavior

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

How's Dogecoin doing?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Bitcoin: all hail sat- oh shiiiiiiiiit

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I love that I wake up to a new crazy poster and Aaro has been outed within a few hours. Can't stop won't stop.

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

Andy Dufresne posted:

I love that I wake up to a new crazy poster and Aaro has been outed within a few hours. Can't stop won't stop.

Generally pedos won't stop trying to convince people they're not in the wrong, you're correct.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
That can't be AARO, i dissed the shitcoin he was shilling nonstop and they said nothing.

Unless he is embarassed that it's currently worth $0.04 and he flipped out telling people they would "regret it the rest of their lives" if they sold at $1.20.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lol at all of this.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

an angry red owl posted:

My overall profit from crypto is more than your yearly salary. Still starting to think its just gambling.

yes

a virtual tulip bulb is still a tulip bulb

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I got 10000% return on my crypto investments*. And I know for sure crypto is dumb poo poo that no one in their right mind should invest into.

*My friend's made an alt coin and gave me a bunch for buying him a coffee essentially.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

an angry red owl posted:

AARO looked around the table and saw one sucker

but then zaurg went broke

Paladinus posted:

I got 10000% return on my crypto investments*. And I know for sure crypto is dumb poo poo that no one in their right mind should invest into.

*My friend's made an alt coin and gave me a bunch for buying him a coffee essentially.

Gambling on it was and still is awesome

Investing in it, not so much

Adar fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Nov 21, 2018

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

QuarkJets posted:

:thunk:

What are your opinions on age of consent laws?

Bitcoin Minors

feelix posted:

I mean that's actually true, if Bitcoin was a widely accepted currency, it wouldn't rapidly crash

It also wouldn't appreciate

Oh, absolutely. It’s just sad that the idea now to save the currency is to actually use it as currency on such a scale as to help its value bounce back.

I do like the tulip bulbs comparison.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Adar posted:

AARO looked around the table and saw one sucker

Is that code for little boy with a lollipop?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Paladinus posted:

paying my friends back in Alan Smithee scrip

even more worthless than an Alan Smithee script

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/1064889750400786441

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Oh my...it’s like I’m staring into the Sun...

https://youtu.be/k3GbBRIcttw

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Haha, those loving lines.

“Please take my bitcoin, your sales will go through the roof!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I can't tell if the video is serious or if it is making fun of crypto idiots.