Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Yeah Leon is chill, but not like, super chill. He also plays music which depending on your tastes may or may not be chill. I find that most GMs just aren't as laid back as Grubby. Kala is probably the only other high level player that I have seen that is very laid back, but he has a very different schedule than Grubby and he takes breaks it seems. But his viewer coaching streams are cool.

KendricSwissh seems pretty chill, and he is also EU and on an EU schedule, if that is more convenient. Unfortunately for me, I can only usually catch the last hour or so of his streams. AliciaWins is also pretty chill/positive but she is also consistently Plat/low Diamond so that might not be the level of play for everyone.

Kinda a bummer to see Grubby moving away from HotS, but it is totally understandable, tbh. He was pulling as good if not better viewers with WC3 and that was before WC3 patched and before WC3 Reforged was revealed. He also has more history with that game.

Nubkeks does have a twitch channel (he is live now) but I feel like I never see him live so I dunno if he streams regularly.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Nov 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Cris is a super good streamer and seems chill. I think his channel is crishots maybe.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Cris chill? I like him and watch him sometimes but he’s so easily irritated and starts whining whenever either his team or his chat annoy him.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Heroes Hearth Rank Win is basically TGN Squadron 2.0 after TGN ditched them and they do regular team league streams/VoDs with a mix of the various people mentioned here, both in NA and EU variants.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I'll plug hosty @ twitch.tv/ihosty. He's a pretty cool guy and every Saturday does ARAMs with his subs.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Star posted:

Cris chill? I like him and watch him sometimes but he’s so easily irritated and starts whining whenever either his team or his chat annoy him.

Huh guess I haven't seen that. I don't watch streamers often, so I only tune in occasionally

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

I didn't know Grubby wasn't streaming HOTS anymore. Here's the message from his Discord:

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
I like Kyle Fergusson for his positivity, and the energy his co-host brings. When a new hero or rework gets released, I enjoy the way he methodically goes through the abilities and talents. He also regularly has viewer games when he streams of you're into that.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Toady posted:

I didn't know Grubby wasn't streaming HOTS anymore. Here's the message from his Discord:

Light mode! :chanpop:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

lucifirius posted:

Light mode! :chanpop:

I didn't even realize what I was looking at. Mother of god.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Here's the message with the proper background.

https://i.imgur.com/lvRBx4Y.png

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Toady posted:

It's pretty funny that more people watch him playing Warcraft III than HOTS.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Grubby is a legendary Warcraft 3 player even if he plays filthy stupid Ork and War3 is the greatest RTS of all-time so there's nothing surprising about that.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

ToastyPotato posted:

KendricSwissh
You really need to be into airhorns and other obnoxious soundboard effects to watch his stream, as well as " I'm a big fan of the glorious alliance" IRL roleplaying from him, which can get grating, otherwise he's fine

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

exquisite tea posted:

Grubby is a legendary Warcraft 3 player even if he plays filthy stupid Ork and War3 is the greatest RTS of all-time so there's nothing surprising about that.

I’m pretty sad that the Grublerino won’t be streaming more HOTS, it was hell fun to watch him play and he was so chill compared to other, shriekier streamers. Oh well he his is own person I guess.

I’d watch him play WC3 but I never really played it when I came out so the whole thing is just a bunch of complicated nonsense to me

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

exquisite tea posted:

Hey! He's been playing the other races, with a special day for each race!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My favorite War3 player from back in the day was MOON because he played the proest Night Elf ever and I wanted to be like him. His matches against Grubby were legendary and always went deep.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

skipThings posted:

You really need to be into airhorns and other obnoxious soundboard effects to watch his stream, as well as " I'm a big fan of the glorious alliance" IRL roleplaying from him, which can get grating, otherwise he's fine

I definitely noticed the sound effects now. I usually have him on in the background, so I hadn't paid full attention, but I did eventually notice some stuff.

exquisite tea posted:

I think its more that WC3 was pretty much considered dead, and then Grubby just started doing WC3 weekends and almost immediately pulling more viewers than HotS, which at the time had recently went 2.0. Grubby's WC3 reruns get more viewers than most non-event HotS streams.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

lucifirius posted:

Here's the message with the proper background.

https://i.imgur.com/lvRBx4Y.png

Goddamn, you people are weird.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Black is better.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Grubby could probably stream a pot of water boiling and get 4k+ views.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Erdricks posted:

I'd probably watch that

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Erdricks posted:

Yes cooking streams are definitely a thing.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I mean, more seriously, you only need check his viewership during sponsored streams (read: random mobile/early access advertisements) to measure his audience retention.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

So how do you fight against Mal'ganis?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Ana is particularly effective against him I've found

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Ana is particularly effective against him I've found

put the sleeper to sleep

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

After he's fed, he gets sleepy

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Nap time and take your medicine.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

If it’s anything like when I play him, make sure his teammates are stupid and never follow up.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Be Tychus.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Malganis has a fairly low base hp for a tank and one of his 4s is particularly good vs Tychus. I've found being the banner and banning malganis works best.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Outranging him with sustained damage, stunning or otherwise disrupting his abilities.. Focus? He's super strong regardless.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
He is a demon lord after all!
:goonsay:

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
I’m glad that it seems the quick match auto select bonus xp is available more, but it’s a trap because “auto select from favorites list” doesn’t actually work. I own every hero but Orphea, but I’m certainly not proficient with all of them. I keep optimistically trying to play auto select from favorites, but it never uses my actual favorites list. I even have every class represented in my favorite heroes, so as to fit into any team composition.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Be valeera, silence mal ganis, win. Or play anyone with healing reduction.

Speaking of valeera, I've embraced my inner toxic nature and have been one tricking valeera lately. Holy poo poo that is fun.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Erdricks posted:

Speaking of valeera, I've embraced my inner toxic nature and have been one tricking valeera lately. Holy poo poo that is fun.

Same here. I keep getting angry messages after QM matches (specifically from plat 5 people for some reason??)

but she's fun as heck. Her powerspike at 16 feels great.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Bwansamdi playable when

MasterControl
Jul 28, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

skipThings posted:

I dig Kendric and watch him most mornings while I’m working. Look past the horns and embrace the silly.

As meme as he was I miss chu8. He’s disappeared. Same goes for dunktrain. Trikslyers vocal tic “ba dap Bap bap daaaaaa” that you hear at least every minute of his stream started to grate on me. I check in now and then just to see if he’s doing it less but sure enough 2 minutes in and there’s a “meeeeh nehh meh meh naaaaaa”. Lastly the core podcast stream is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Chu8 has been almost exclusively streaming Lost Ark (Korean Diablo MMO). His schedule became more erratic after he moved to Korea, but his channel seemed to be growing, and then he kinda just stopped playing HotS. My only real gripe with his stream was that he didn't seem to have a good compressor on his audio set up, so when ever he got excited he would suddenly be 100x louder which made me stop watching him late at night.