Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

precision posted:

I can't find one and the Play Store is absolute rear end to look through, I just noticed a bunch of games in my recommended list being on sale

Picked up The Room: Old Sins because 3 wasn't on sale and goddamn I love spinning levers and pulling open drawers. Unironically. I wish they made games more often, they're so chill and solving the puzzles is always a big dopamine rush

I just wish they'd stop expecting me to care about the story

:agreed: on this entire post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

President Ark posted:

going on a trip for a week, what's a good picross/nonogram game i can slap on my phone? ideally one that keeps puzzles around 15x15

Assuming you haven't already Pixel Puzzle is great.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

The Room best games ever made.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Motorsport Manager 3, Don't Starve, and Farming Simulator 18 are all also a buck each

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Does Don't Starve include all the expansions and stuff?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Foxhound posted:

Does Don't Starve include all the expansions and stuff?

I'm seeing Shipwrecked separately on the Play Store.

Man, Don't Starve is a game that I bought, and didn't like how hot it made my phone and how quickly the battery would be used up while playing. Otherwise, I'd love it.

Please, Klei... give me Invisible Inc. I wouldn't care about battery usage, since that game is perfect.

What do I have to do? :negative:

Akiosan
May 21, 2005

We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country.

Applied as Akiosan in Epic 7.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

precision posted:

It feels like it badly needs a tutorial. There's a lot of poo poo going on and I have no idea what to do. Oh well it was only a buck and I used survey money on it so even if it never becomes fun it's nbd
There's also a Dungeon Maker thread here if you want to follow up on it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859554 .

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
So are we allowed to talk about the recent string of pulls I've gotten in a Gacha game?

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Shadowhand00 posted:

So are we allowed to talk about the recent string of pulls I've gotten in a Gacha game?

Unless someone can be arsed making an Epic 7 thread (I'm assuming that's what you mean) then gently caress it, why not.
I know people grumble when this happens, but it's not like this is exactly the busiest thread, so why not post the FOTM, it'll either die down, then the next new hotness will come around or it'll get it's own thread

:justpost:

Recent pulls here Corvus and Tieria, both rad af. Oh and I 5 starred the light healer guy which is proving to be very helpful. Look forward to more light/dark stuff in a while.

If people are truly pissed at the Epic 7 chat then maybe someone could even make a low effort thread, idk, Unless maybe someone who's played the KR version and knows more info could make a bit of an OP for it?

e-

People were mentioning the lack of places to get ideas for good games (and the Play store being poo poo at recommendations)
Here's a list of non-booby-gatcha stuff that looks interesting.
I've got some survey pennies to spend so I'm going to have a look

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2018/mar/02/best-new-android-iphone-games-2018

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 20, 2018

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Anyone have a favorite time killer tap game? I used to play Tap Titans 2 but I recently switched phones and when I loaded the my save via their account system it had lost all my pet progress and I don't particularly care enough to fight to retrieve it or build back up.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
I've had ridiculous luck with this game. My last 10 pulls going backwards:

Karin (4*)
3 3*s
Iseria (5*)
Achates (4*)
Haste (5*)
Leo (4*)
Clarissa (4*)
Artifact (3*)

This might be dumb superstition but whenever I see a notification on the right with someone getting a 5*, I run and get make pulls. Its been successful and I've been almost consistent. Either that or I have the luck of the devil right now and I should be going to actual slot machines to play these games.

I have Destina, Sez, and Cecilia as well.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Shadowhand00 posted:

I've had ridiculous luck with this game. My last 10 pulls going backwards:

Karin (4*)
3 3*s
Iseria (5*)
Achates (4*)
Haste (5*)
Leo (4*)
Clarissa (4*)
Artifact (3*)

This might be dumb superstition but whenever I see a notification on the right with someone getting a 5*, I run and get make pulls. Its been successful and I've been almost consistent. Either that or I have the luck of the devil right now and I should be going to actual slot machines to play these games.

I have Destina, Sez, and Cecilia as well.

Mad jealous. I really want Cecilia but at this point I'm wondering if it's worth it to use the skystones I've accumulated to try and roll for her or wait for the next banner.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Det_no posted:

Mad jealous. I really want Cecilia but at this point I'm wondering if it's worth it to use the skystones I've accumulated to try and roll for her or wait for the next banner.

I thought she was pretty good in the quest, then I got Hazel in a random summon and she seems to actually be better both in damage output and healing ability as far as I can tell.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

EdEddnEddy posted:

I thought she was pretty good in the quest, then I got Hazel in a random summon and she seems to actually be better both in damage output and healing ability as far as I can tell.

That's really weird how I meant Destina, wrote Cecilia, and yet you were still able to read it right.

I already have Achates, which is also a great healer, but my problem is that my best team is literally all fire. I'd like to have some of the top tier units from other elements too.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

nessin posted:

Anyone have a favorite time killer tap game? I used to play Tap Titans 2 but I recently switched phones and when I loaded the my save via their account system it had lost all my pet progress and I don't particularly care enough to fight to retrieve it or build back up.

Been playing Adventure Communist lately, there's less to "do" than in TT2 (which is a weird thing to say) but the numbers do go up! Looks like they're still adding more too, there's a menu option with a spaceship on it that's greyed out with a "Coming soon" message. Alternatively, if you haven't played it yet Tap Wizard is a good one. There's less tapping then you would think going by the name but it's a fun little idler. I got bored with it in the late, late game because you're grinding foreeeeever for upgrades and it got too long in-between unlocks to keep me interested but I played it for a good bit there.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
People make fun of waifu gacha games but clicker games are still a hot topic in this thread often lol.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
The new assassin's creed f2p is pretty darn good, but I'm not sure when or if you hit the paywall

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

vulturesrow posted:

People make fun of waifu gacha games but clicker games are still a hot topic in this thread often lol.

Getting caught playing a cookie clicker is bad but if it moans every time you tap it it's actually more shameful

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

i can say "it's kind of stupid but i'm having fun anyway" about idle/clicker games, ain't no way an associate would just accept that logic when it's a titty gacha

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

i can say "it's kind of stupid but i'm having fun anyway" about idle/clicker games, ain't no way an associate would just accept that logic when it's a titty gacha

"I really wonder where all of the cocks are?" - someone begging for trouble while playing Egg Inc.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

"I really wonder where all of the cocks are?" - someone begging for trouble while playing Egg Inc.

"AHH, GLORIOUS RUSSIA HAS PROVIDED MANY BULLETS AND COMRADES TODAY" - Adventure Communist in an airport

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
It was mentioned a few posts earlier that Assassin's Creed Rebellion is out now after a long soft launch period. It's a pretty decent turn-based tactical RPG played from a side on perspective.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Det_no posted:

That's really weird how I meant Destina, wrote Cecilia, and yet you were still able to read it right.

I already have Achates, which is also a great healer, but my problem is that my best team is literally all fire. I'd like to have some of the top tier units from other elements too.

I'm getting pretty high up in the storyline -- 9-10 is an _ass_, and 10-7 isn't much better -- and I will second that being able to pick-and-choose good colors is very beneficial if not mandatory. My main team at the moment is mostly green, and I grumbled quite a bit at facing a long string of red-dominated levels in a row...

(My own roster: Rerolled 'til I got Ravi and Destina. Pulled Cecilia as my only other natural 5*. Cidd, Silk and Rose have been promoted to 5*, the first two because they're awesome, Rose because I pulled two and she hit 40* and that way I got her memory imprint bonus. Angelica is in the promotion on-deck circle. Elson, Karin, Romann, Armin are sidelined.)

delfin fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Nov 21, 2018

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Det_no posted:

The next banner has been announced. It's for Vildred, so not a new unit. He and a few 3*/4* units are getting a buff in the patch too. The new unit is a big robot 3* that you can farm from a challenge fight.

Patch info:
http://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/main/view/2357453?listType=2

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
New Kingdom Rush: Vengeance is out now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I always ignored Kingdom Rush because it was one of those games that I always saw advertised in other games and those games are usually bullshit. Is it just a tower defense game?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Yes but they're very polished ones.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It says there's ads and IAP's in this $5 game, any idea what those entail? Not trying to nitpick but selling boosters and stuff like that in a game I already paid for seems kinda crappy.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I am sad to say I finally got to the point in the Konami Picross Game where all I have left is boss puzzles so I have to wait 3 hours between puzzles. I don't think you can even pay to expedite it. What a stupid system

I started Hungry Cat Picross but I've never liked color Picross nearly as much

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

explosivo posted:

It says there's ads and IAP's in this $5 game, any idea what those entail? Not trying to nitpick but selling boosters and stuff like that in a game I already paid for seems kinda crappy.

I haven't checked this one out yet but the other games had optional IAPs for additional, more powerful hero units and ads for the other games by the dev on the title screen.

edit: this one also has gems, which I think might be also in some of the other games but I can't remember.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 21, 2018

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

First rating, by user 'Jazz': 5 stars

"I haven't played it yet. In fact it's installing right now... I just can't wait to play it. If it's only half as good as the previous installments, it's still worth 5 stars!"

Jesus christ, you shouldn't be able to leave a review until you've played X amount of time. :psyduck:

It might be good, seeing as though all of the rest of them got so much love (I haven't played any of them, because up until right now, I was getting them confused with those awful F2P timer-based builder games. Am I thinking of King's Raid?) but don't loving rate it anything until you've played it. Goddamn, why is this so hard?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

axelblaze posted:

I am sad to say I finally got to the point in the Konami Picross Game where all I have left is boss puzzles so I have to wait 3 hours between puzzles. I don't think you can even pay to expedite it. What a stupid system

I started Hungry Cat Picross but I've never liked color Picross nearly as much

I have been on the same thing, boss only, for a little while now. I'm at 98.4% now.

Edit - Looks like Nov 2nd was when I went to Boss only left. So its taken me 19 days to be almost done after that point. I should be 100% by the weekend for sure.

Trastion posted:

So i am at 83.0% complete in Pixel Puzzle. Nothing but Boss puzzles left so I get one every 4 hours. Just completed my next one and now I am at 83.2%...

So if my math is right I have about 85 more boss puzzles to go at a 4 hour wait so I can maybe do 3 a day maybe 4 if I push it.

Trastion fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Nov 21, 2018

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

First rating, by user 'Jazz': 5 stars

"I haven't played it yet. In fact it's installing right now... I just can't wait to play it. If it's only half as good as the previous installments, it's still worth 5 stars!"

Jesus christ, you shouldn't be able to leave a review until you've played X amount of time. :psyduck:

It might be good, seeing as though all of the rest of them got so much love (I haven't played any of them, because up until right now, I was getting them confused with those awful F2P timer-based builder games. Am I thinking of King's Raid?) but don't loving rate it anything until you've played it. Goddamn, why is this so hard?

I saw this too, lol. I mean, we all know review scores on the play store are bullshit but yeah that's pretty lame.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008
For fans of The Room series of games, check out The House of Da Vinci. The quality is pretty good and in the same vein but with its own unique features. I haven't seen anyone talking about it in this thread recently but figured it might be worth mentioning.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
I liked previous Kingdom Rush games but was really disappointed by the amount of IAP present, it almost felt like a F2P game. My frustration came from the feeling that some of the more difficult levels were designed to be beatable only if you shelled out for the IAP, which is in instant turnoff for me since it means skill or strategy probably can't solve the problem.

gently caress non-cosmetic IAPs in paid games, is what I'm saying.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Freezer posted:

I liked previous Kingdom Rush games but was really disappointed by the amount of IAP present, it almost felt like a F2P game. My frustration came from the feeling that some of the more difficult levels were designed to be beatable only if you shelled out for the IAP, which is in instant turnoff for me since it means skill or strategy probably can't solve the problem.

This is kind of where I'm at. If I'm buying in from the start I don't want to also be given options to pay more money to make things go faster or unlock heroes. If it's possible to unlock these guys through regular gameplay and it's easy enough to ignore that's fine, but if they're either so impossibly difficult to unlock that you *have* to buy them or they just straight up can't be gotten without paying for then that loving sucks.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Freezer posted:

You absolutely don't need the paid heroes to win the hard maps, in fact many of them didn't even let you use heroes. Gems are way easy to get and the items you buy with gems are also optional things to make the game easier

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

explosivo posted:

This is kind of where I'm at. If I'm buying in from the start I don't want to also be given options to pay more money to make things go faster or unlock heroes. If it's possible to unlock these guys through regular gameplay and it's easy enough to ignore that's fine, but if they're either so impossibly difficult to unlock that you *have* to buy them or they just straight up can't be gotten without paying for then that loving sucks.

You unlock some heroes and some are pay only. The pay only ones are generally OP as gently caress. Also, heroes honestly aren't that big of a deal. They can and will die and only the most super OP of them can make or break your victory on the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Toilet Rascal

delfin posted:

I'm getting pretty high up in the storyline -- 9-10 is an _ass_, and 10-7 isn't much better -- and I will second that being able to pick-and-choose good colors is very beneficial if not mandatory. My main team at the moment is mostly green, and I grumbled quite a bit at facing a long string of red-dominated levels in a row...

(My own roster: Rerolled 'til I got Ravi and Destina. Pulled Cecilia as my only other natural 5*. Cidd, Silk and Rose have been promoted to 5*, the first two because they're awesome, Rose because I pulled two and she hit 40* and that way I got her memory imprint bonus. Angelica is in the promotion on-deck circle. Elson, Karin, Romann, Armin are sidelined.)

I'm stuck on 10-7 at the moment. I'm also close to running out of gold :v:

That being said, I've had a glut of 4*s and 5*s just popping up and now I'm trying to optimize multiple teams. Its actually pretty fun once you get over the "omg i need good pulls" hump.