Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Paging Evil Eagle

Adding to the gigantic update is a new higher difficulty for Soul Melter called "Soul Melter EX". It's apparently going to be "astonishingly hard" as pictured by Kirby who for once is thinking he may of made a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

That satisfye grip is pretty great. I can play without destroying the big joint in my thumb now within ~20 minutes! I still have some wrist and forearm pain, but I suspect that’s more from work stuff (though playing switch certainly doesn’t help matters, even with the grip)

It sucks getting old. My entire arm and wrist goes numb from time to time.. I have a doctor appointment coming up but im pretty sure that she is just going to say my job is destroying your body.

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 21, 2018

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Switch thankfully feels comfortable to me in long sessions, especially compared to the 3DS which is painful to play for more than an hour at a time for me. I really need to get through my backlog of DS/3DS games so I could finally get rid of that uncomfortable piece of crap.

Why must it have so many great games.:smith:

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

After roughly 90 hours of playtime, I have finished all of the regular and mega puzzles in Picross S and S2. The mega puzzles are much better designed in S2. I never once had to blindly guess while solving those, despite doing them 1st. S wasn’t bad, but a few of the puzzles were complete crapshoots.

So ya, if you’re a picross fan, try out the S2 mega puzzles. It takes a while to adjust to the different rules, but once you do it’s a lot of fun. And figuring out the more difficult puzzles feels amazing.

I want S3 now.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kind of hard to see as it's a scan but Bandana Dee / Dedede / Meta Knight are getting a rework in the wave 3 patch to to have more unique movesets. So yes, Bandana Dee is getting fully exclusive things now.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Your Computer posted:

does World of Final Fantasy have voice acting? Can you change it? I'm uh.... asking for a friend

I'm on the fence about buying it (I know it's not amazing though) because I could really go for some turn-based RPG right now and I'm also in the mood for Final Fantasy. Also the stupid chibis are adorable. I mean, what I really want is for the FF remasters to come out but I'm guessing we won't see those in a year or two. :v:

yes and yes on ps4, dunno 'bout switch

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I'm playing Hollow Knight and I'm getting a really frustrating unresponsive controller issue.

DLC 6 flames gotten spoiler

Fighting against Grimme and my double jump is occasionally not working. it's not consistent, but happens enough that it will fail 8 or more times in the fight. I'm playing in TV mode. Anyone else experience anything like this?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

drat google just straight up answering pokemon questions

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
fffffffFFFFucking hell

Got Bendy and the Ink Machine, played it straight through, the game literally crashed after the final section of the game and the save reloads to a softlock where you can't interact with a lever to start said final section of the game

so I can't finish it and I'll have to replay the last hour and a half of the most frustrating-in-terms-of-gameplay section of the game from scratch, and hope this time it doesn't crash

thanks, dev

thev

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Everyone knows that karate guys are weak against birds

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
You can't punch something that's flying, it's just logic.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i played warframe for a couple of hours and ultimately don't heaps think its for me. the design hasn't grabbed me and all the moves feel kind of input-laggy. maybe i'll come back it another time

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Edit: durr nevermind

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Warframe progression seems pretty shallow at first but after a few hours it slowly opens up in a lot of directions and it can be as grindy as you want. Looks good and the controls are ok but you feel like a way cooler flying space ninja with mouse and keyboard.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I have an entire folder in my brain of pokemon typing advantages that I have no idea where I even obtained but seemingly stored in there over years of pokemon games and now it is finally useful again.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm terrible at remembering type weaknesses and the ones I can are a few from the TCG

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

a7m2 posted:

drat google just straight up answering pokemon questions

Even better if you have a google home since you can just ask while playing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fire beats ice and grass and steel and bug
Ice beats birds and I don't fuckin know, dragons probably?
Grass beats rock and ground and water
Steel beats dragon and rock
Bug beats psychic and fighters and dark
Birds beat grass and fighters and bug
Dragons beat dragons and I don't know, poison?
Rock beats fire and birds
Ground beats electric and I don't know, poison
Water beats fire and rock and ground
Fighters beat normal and rock and ice and dark.
Poison beats fairy and I don't know, dark?
Fairy beats steel and dragon Ball and dark
Dark beats psychic and ghost
Psychic beats fighter and poison
Ghost beats psychic and ghost
Normal beats nothing
Electric beats flying and water

I think this is about 65% accurate

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Warframe has literally the most video options I’ve ever seen in a console game. It’s like they just ported the PC video options page wholesale and it owns. Turning off motion blur and bloom and cranking up the FOV helped me a lot.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I have an entire folder in my brain of pokemon typing advantages that I have no idea where I even obtained but seemingly stored in there over years of pokemon games and now it is finally useful again.

I think I know all of them and then a Fairy move does half damage to Fire and I'm like what

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I know like two of them maybe and I attrition the poo poo out of the rest of my battles like a true 90’s kid.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Warframe has literally the most video options I’ve ever seen in a console game. It’s like they just ported the PC video options page wholesale and it owns. Turning off motion blur and bloom and cranking up the FOV helped me a lot.

Yeah I couldn't believe it when I saw that menu. Thanks for the tips!

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

VladimirLeninpest posted:

Accidentally lost 1.5 hours of progress in Pokemon because I did the system update without thinking and I hadn't saved. Really surprised there isn't an auto save feature at all and pretty annoyed tbqh.

Lost 3 hours here if it makes you feel any better doing the same thing, if I didn't buy it digital I would have rage quit and returned it

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

alf_pogs posted:

i played warframe for a couple of hours and ultimately don't heaps think its for me. the design hasn't grabbed me and all the moves feel kind of input-laggy. maybe i'll come back it another time

Yeah, it's kinda like Monster Hunter in that if you really take a liking to it, it will consume you and other people just won't see the appeal.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Since I downloaded the update My switch has become unable to access the microSD card. goddamnit Nintendo

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

How's the new pokermon game? I got it Monday night but I won't be able to play it till later, and I still gotta storm the Black Omen and kill Queen Zeal and Lavos.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Phenotype posted:

How's the new pokermon game? I got it Monday night but I won't be able to play it till later, and I still gotta storm the Black Omen and kill Queen Zeal and Lavos.

It's real good.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

TheMadMilkman posted:

I want S3 now.

Jupiter has since released Kemono Friends Picross on Switch and Sanrio Hello Kitty Picross on 3DS if you're looking for another fix before Picross S3

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Since I downloaded the update My switch has become unable to access the microSD card. goddamnit Nintendo

I had this but it turns out it just totally killed the sd card completely! Like nothing can read it not even to reformat it. Hopefully my actual switch still functions properly I haven't tried a different card yet.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

hanyolo posted:

Lost 3 hours here if it makes you feel any better doing the same thing, if I didn't buy it digital I would have rage quit and returned it

Well, I feel slightly less like a dummy now. I was just about to face Lt. Surge two nights ago and was real excited to sit down and play for a couple of hours after dinner. Apparently the last time I saved was in Veridian with four low level Pokemon, so I basically have to start completely over. I turned it off and watched TV for the rest of the night :shrug:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In previous Pokemons an autosave would be a bad idea because people want to savescum in those at various points, but in Let's Go there no need of savescumming anywhere so they should have done it.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

How many pokemons are there?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mister Facetious posted:

Melee is hilariously fun with a good build.

I implore everyone to build a Kestrel (a melee weapons that is also a boomerang) and look up builds for it.

You can turn it into a rocket launcher that knocks everything over and has unlimited ammo.

Warframe is not about the most powerful builds, its about making weird combos that are fun.
Unless you are running those intense late-game raids, just use whatever makes you happy.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Blizzard is having a big black Friday sale on all of their games. Does anyone expect Diablo 3 eternal to go on sale for Switch? I really want to play but don't want to shell out 60 bucks.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I had no interest in Warframe until I found out it's mostly PvE

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Hutzpah posted:

Blizzard is having a big black Friday sale on all of their games. Does anyone expect Diablo 3 eternal to go on sale for Switch? I really want to play but don't want to shell out 60 bucks.

Seems way way too soon for it to go on sale but who knows.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I just played the first 4 missions of War frame. Have no idea what's going on, it's super easy so far, but it could be good? Is there a Goon clan or whatever?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Phenotype posted:

How many pokemons are there?

809 plus a few have variants that don't count as a separate species.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

idk how but it seems like Warframe uses less battery than Diablo 3, which is an intensely power-hungry game whenever I play it. The optimization of this game is really nuts.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Kind of hard to see as it's a scan but Bandana Dee / Dedede / Meta Knight are getting a rework in the wave 3 patch to to have more unique movesets. So yes, Bandana Dee is getting fully exclusive things now.

Maybe I'll pick this up for the holidays finally. Nintendo is just going crazy with all the Kirby updates and I kind of want to get in on this party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

PJOmega posted:

I'm playing Hollow Knight and I'm getting a really frustrating unresponsive controller issue.

DLC 6 flames gotten spoiler

Fighting against Grimme and my double jump is occasionally not working. it's not consistent, but happens enough that it will fail 8 or more times in the fight. I'm playing in TV mode. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Are you playing with joycons? It might just be the usual joycon connection issue. Even after getting mine fixed they occasionally drop signal momentarily if there is anything (including a coffee table, my leg, my loving fingers) between me and the switch. I also only really noticed it when playing hollow knight because of the importance of split second timing.

It's really frustrating and basically pushed me to get a pro controller just so I could have a reliable controller for playing fast games. Which works for Nintendo I guess.