Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Apes-Ma posted:

They are pivoting to youtube so they can try to steal Red Letter Media's fanbase.

I don’t think that’s it, but it is reasonable. I could see them doing video to build on the podcast and get a bigger audience. But video is so much work and has an initial sunk cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Whatever they’re doing, it’s causing a break in the Nexus until January. Not sure how I feel about that.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

This was a good episode and all the five minute tangents were golden.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Pops Mgee posted:

Whatever they’re doing, it’s causing a break in the Nexus until January. Not sure how I feel about that.

They're either doing the Clerks cartoon series too or they're doing 12 episodes of We Love Movies

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

TTBF posted:

They're either doing the Clerks cartoon series too or they're doing 12 episodes of We Love Movies

Clerks cartoon makes sense to be animation damnation. The Nexus replacement still has me puzzled.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Pops Mgee posted:

Clerks cartoon makes sense to be animation damnation. The Nexus replacement still has me puzzled.

Has Smith done any Star Wars or Star Trek specials or cartoons? Feels like he would have had to at some point?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Pops Mgee posted:

If it has to be a Clerks cartoon one, it would probably have to be the third, where the ending is just a big gay joke. Guest starring James Woods and Al Franken.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Isn't there some Jay and Silent Bob cartoon?

e: Yes!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_%26_Silent_Bob%27s_Super_Groovy_Cartoon_Movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la017NRDjyM

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Honestly, my guess is this one is AD and Nexus is either the mere 6 eps of Clerks TAS or a two-fer of DC superhero TV Smith guest directed. Arrow and Flash or something.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
In the intro to today's episode they said they were also changing the name of the podcast.

We Hate Smovies

Violator
May 15, 2003

Looks like Apes-Ma May have been at least partially right. Their Twitter posted a link to a YouTube video that was labeled as a test for upcoming video projects, and the video placeholder for their big announcement has fancy new art and logo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Npdy6EVvY4E

https://twitter.com/whmpodcast/status/1065092864282173442?s=21

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Jupin is absolutely correct about Spaceballs btw. I kinda stopped liking it in high school and got accused of being crazy by my friend group.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Pops Mgee posted:

Jupin is absolutely correct about Spaceballs btw. I kinda stopped liking it in high school and got accused of being crazy by my friend group.

It is your favorite Mel Brooks movie when you are 13. If it is still your favorite when you are 30, something wrong happened.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I still like Men in Tights and Spaceballs but they are very much of their time. Same thing with petty much any Leslie Nielsen movie.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Slavoj Zizek Andrew Jupin checks in from the WHM office on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5wspfSiGnY

Violator
May 15, 2003

Apes-Ma posted:

Without his radio voice and audio processing of the podcast (or my podcast player?), Andrew sounds like an east coast ivory elitist!!! I've also noticed it on the live episodes. Just makes me like my Man of the People Eric Sasquatch more and more!!!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Invalid Validation posted:

I still like Men in Tights and Spaceballs but they are very much of their time. Same thing with petty much any Leslie Nielsen movie.

Besides, Richard Lewis is NOWHERE near the best parts of that movie, "Men in Tights". That goes to the Sheriff of Rottingham, he will always be amazing as to how much he dives straight into lunacy, his lines are forever quotable.

He rivals Alan Rickman in scenery chewing in their respective movies.

While I agree that the third Naked Gun is very much of it's time and begrudgingly the second as well. The first is loving timeless.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 21, 2018

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Violator posted:

Without his radio voice and audio processing of the podcast (or my podcast player?), Andrew sounds like an east coast ivory elitist!!! I've also noticed it on the live episodes. Just makes me like my Man of the People Eric Sasquatch more and more!!!
I'm used to listening to the podcast at like 1.3x speed, so hearing this was pretty weird to me hahaha

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

GoutPatrol posted:

It is your favorite Mel Brooks movie when you are 13. If it is still your favorite when you are 30, something wrong happened.

It's never been my favorite Mel Brooks movie, but it's still funny as gently caress. "WE AIN'T FOUND poo poo!" makes me lose it every time.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Mel Brooks was a pinch before my time. When it comes to parody films, I was introduced to the genre through the Leslie Nielsen vehicle Wrongfully Accused, which I barely remember except for this one scene in a truck stop where Leslie Nielsen has to come up with a fake identity and his antagonist is there and when the antagonist figures out who Leslie was he drops his coffee in shock, and then there's a balloon. I haven't seen it in 20 years but boy does it hold up in my memory!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I was giggling throughout their lighting farts tangent but started cackling like a maniac when I realized they were on like minute 4 of said lighting farts tangent

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Apes-Ma posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5wspfSiGnY

Andrew's "normal" talking voice sounds so weird after listening to literally thousands of hours of him talk. It's so sultry. I'm sure he's trying to keep quiet, but it's weird.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

He did a segment on horror movies on some local news a couple of years ago and it's like he was a different person

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Hockles posted:

Andrew's "normal" talking voice sounds so weird after listening to literally thousands of hours of him talk. It's so sultry. I'm sure he's trying to keep quiet, but it's weird.

I choose to believe one of these two Andrew's is drunk.

But which one.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

He did a segment on horror movies on some local news a couple of years ago and it's like he was a different person

However he did still say "Bend over and I'll show you" to the anchor

Violator
May 15, 2003

Fart City posted:

I choose to believe one of these two Andrew's is drunk.

But which one.

The podcast Andrew is so dynamic, cock sure, and on-point. That's the drunk one.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Early episodes have much more low-key intros for Jupin in particular. It always catches me off-guard when it's a quiet "..I'm Andrew Jupin" rather than "Welcome to WHM on the Sideshow/Headgum/etc network! I'm ANdrew JUpin".

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

In those early ones you can def hear the difference. Andrew hasn't found his radio voice yet. But thankfully we get there and his host voice is glorious.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/whmpodcast/status/1065621420414255105?s=21

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

It's We Love Movies!

1) Terminator 2: Judgement Day
2) Back To The Future
3) It's A Wonderful Life
4) Batman (1989)
5) Star Wars: A New Hope - Patreon
6) Batman: The Animated Series (episode TBD) - Animation Damnation/Patreon
7) Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan - The Nexus/Patreon
8) Commando - Commentary/Patreon

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
That's a drat fine lineup.

Violator
May 15, 2003

TTBF posted:

It's We Love Movies!

2) Back To The Future
3) It's A Wonderful Life
4) Batman (1989)
6) Batman: The Animated Series (episode TBD) - Animation Damnation

Wow! This should be a very good month. I thought it was going to be a Smith-mas, but this is even better.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TTBF posted:

It's We Love Movies!

2) Back To The Future
3) It's A Wonderful Life
4) Batman (1989)

Way better than Smithmas imo

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

This month is gonna kick rear end, what a lineup!

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

VERY excited for the incoming Christopher Lloyd and Jimmy Stewart impressions!

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Yeah, Camp Nowhere is one of my fav episodes, just for their insane Lloyd impression.

WE’RE AT WAR WITH THE TOWN, MUD.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

TTBF posted:

It's We Love Movies!

2) Back To The Future
3) It's A Wonderful Life
4) Batman (1989)

Awwww I was hoping that eventually "It's a Wonderful Life" would be a We Hate Movies episode.

I AM THE NEW BEGINNING, LOVE LIVE THE NEW FLESH MUD!!! LOOOONG LIVE THE NEW FLEEESSSHHHH!!!

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I've been listening to these guys for years now and this was the first time I've seen them. It's so weird!

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I'm just going to assume the Batman TAS episode will be Heart of Ice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TTBF posted:

It's We Love Movies!

2) Back To The Future
3) It's A Wonderful Life
4) Batman (1989)
Oh gently caress yes, some of my all time favorite movies are on there. This is gonna be great!