Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
how is Neeko going to be censored in china and russia, which are huge markets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

alright looks like mother gently caress 40% of you guys

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Just not have those voice lines? Kinda easy fix since they have to be re-recorded anyway

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

ungulateman posted:

i mean if you're looking at special interactions you're getting her lesbianness enormously frontloaded compared to all her random walk lines and ability casts that don't mention it at all, because they're focused on the 'chameleon mitochondrial eve' part

Yeah with the special interaction lines you generally get like one of them per game if you're lucky. It reminds me of how people thought Aatrox's taunting was too much even though you barely ever get to hear any of them because of how special interactions work.

Most of what you'll hear from the character is her interacting with the buff monsters out of that video and those were kinda cute. Angry tomato. :3:

I'd much rather have cheerful fun characters like Zoe and Neeko (and Lulu and Gnar, to use older examples) than another Grim Fightman.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

mistaya posted:

Yeah with the special interaction lines you generally get like one of them per game if you're lucky. It reminds me of how people thought Aatrox's taunting was too much even though you barely ever get to hear any of them because of how special interactions work.

Most of what you'll hear from the character is her interacting with the buff monsters out of that video and those were kinda cute. Angry tomato. :3:

I'd much rather have cheerful fun characters like Zoe and Neeko (and Lulu and Gnar, to use older examples) than another Grim Fightman.

this is the wisest post in the thread

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Relin posted:

how is Neeko going to be censored in china and russia, which are huge markets

Just gonna be constantly asking other female champions if they want to be roommates

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

mistaya posted:

I think stuff like Kayn works out as Grim Fightman only because Rhaast endlessly mocks how ridiculous he is. Rhaast/Tahm Kench are great for being both serious but kinda funny at the same time.

That being said, stuff like Swain being a Grim Fightman but is really excellently voiced. I guess it kinda depends on how old the champ's VA is?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
no interactions with jax, dumb champion

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Who wants a piece of the champ?

*sadly watches all the new champions get 20 minutes of voice lines*

Who wants a piece of the champ... :(

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
How many times do you listen to Who wants a piece of the champ a game as you patiently farm 200 minions in a 0 kill game verv

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Neeko's numbers seem way too high to not be busted, or to have her slow in as a support. 500 +170 + 220 + 650+3.2*AP.

Also the fact that rank 1 Q is doing 160 AOE to monsters seems like it will do just fine to help her jungle - although she definitely seems more like a roaming mid.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Who wants a piece of the champ?

*sadly watches all the new champions get 20 minutes of voice lines*

Who wants a piece of the champ... :(

There should be a patch that does nothing but add like 15 more minutes of dialog minimum for each champion in the game.

It'd be like when they added a bunch of domination lines for TF2

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

ungulateman posted:

i mean if you're looking at special interactions you're getting her lesbianness enormously frontloaded compared to all her random walk lines and ability casts that don't mention it at all, because they're focused on the 'chameleon mitochondrial eve' part

and you're going to hear those lines way more often than the once-per-game of 'haha she thinks ezreal looks like a girl' or 'taliyah was going to be trans and they backed out of it at the last second presumably because they didn't want to get banned from russia' (or they decided having their least conventionally attractive female character be trans would be easily misinterpreted, also in a universe with literal magic 'being trans' seems easier to resolve??? who knows)

e: actually now i want them to retcon one of the many 'sexy X' characters to be trans via the use of magic / alchemy / etc, just to watch the fireworks from the usual suspects

I mean sure but queer people can talk about/acknowledge other people in ways other than whether or not they're attracted to them, which the writer of her interactions seems to have an iffy grasp of. Compare to zoe and new ezreal who are both hetero characters who keep their horniness to more realistic levels

Again I like the character and there are waaaaayyy worse ways it could've been handled, but it just feels hamfisted to me

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
yeah fair enough

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
You have to admit though, when she tells Graves that he smells bad and needs a bath it's pretty funny.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Basically it seems like Anthony Burch made a champ

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

See? We like gay people! Riot is diverse and just forget about all the gross poo poo we do all of he time to women and POC.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Didn't Taric have heavily implied gay lines that were patched out due to China?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Anidav posted:

I've never heard of this, and there don't appear to be any unused voice lines on LoLWiki. He's actually got the opposite: one of his lines is him flirting with Diana.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Anidav posted:

why would they patch out his lines for a different region, which has different voice acting because its in a different language

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Ranked rewards have been dished out

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Haha, Celerity got loving destroyed. It's probably up there with the worst of the runes now, even on dedicated speedy champs like Zilean and Hecarim.

I'm not even sure what to take on Hec as a secondary tree anymore

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
lol if neeko copies udyr at level 1, she can immediately level her ult

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

its curtains for Kevin posted:

How many times do you listen to Who wants a piece of the champ a game as you patiently farm 200 minions in a 0 kill game verv

who wants a pizza? the champ

basically never, im super aggro all the time

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

misguided rage posted:

lol if neeko copies udyr at level 1, she can immediately level her ult

Imagine doing this with an Udyr top, getting a strong leash on red and then level 2 ganking with root and ultimate.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
she also gets the auto attack and movement speed of whoever she copies!

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Wait, clarify this for me since I haven't been following too closely - when the new hero clones a teammate, she clones everything, including all abilities and the R too?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Erdricks posted:

Wait, clarify this for me since I haven't been following too closely - when the new hero clones a teammate, she clones everything, including all abilities and the R too?
it just copies appearance and some base stuff like movespeed and autoattacks so she can pretend to lane as another laner, she retains her own spells and casting them breaks the disguise, other than W which will make a leblanc clone of whatever champ she's copying instead of herself

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Neeko's W is the ultimate counter to hook/bind champs, you can just toss your clone right at the hook as it comes out and it will never hit you. That combined with her W 3 hit dmg+movespeed passive makes me think she will actually be a phenomenal on hit adc.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

d0grent posted:

Neeko's W is the ultimate counter to hook/bind champs, you can just toss your clone right at the hook as it comes out and it will never hit you. That combined with her W 3 hit dmg+movespeed passive makes me think she will actually be a phenomenal on hit adc.

more like really good as support because you can block thresh hooks for your adc. the other thing is if you go from a bush and use w to “walk into” another bush you get to face check with zero risk

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I checked the wiki and at max rank the root can hit for three seconds. My god. My god

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

kingcobweb posted:

I checked the wiki and at max rank the root can hit for three seconds. My god. My god

Yeah but I'm assuming that's when it hits the third target, so a bit conditional. Then again, you can probably just throw it at the row of caster minions and that's your first two targets.

I'm gonna be picking her up on release I reckon and go support. Or actually I'll pay 7k+ and not be able to play her at all cos she will be permabanned

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

she will 100% be permabanned for at least a week

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

pog boyfriend posted:

more like really good as support because you can block thresh hooks for your adc. the other thing is if you go from a bush and use w to “walk into” another bush you get to face check with zero risk

okay but

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

d0grent posted:

okay but

actually what the heck that is really high dmg

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

solution: build wits end nashors tooth on support. god bless us all.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
neeko is good but she doesnt want to gently caress the plant lady? wtf???

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Tired Moritz posted:

neeko is good but she doesnt want to gently caress the plant lady? wtf???
Are you so horny you'd go roll around in a bush of thorns to get laid

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Plant with titties is still a plant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Conversely, titties on a plant are still titties.