Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Rhymenoserous posted:

lol if you take a look around right now and think "politics" then get mad at fallout the 76th you probably are having a stroke and should go see a doctor or something.

The people that worked on the latest games out right now definitely need to see doctors. Sleep deprivation and stress factors increase the chances of stroke.

e;

Siljmonster posted:

Fallout New Vegas taught me there's no difference between politics in your life and media and not.

It's always politics, people have an interest in convincing you otherwise tho.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Nov 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I found my first “bug” yesterday. I joined a team that had a guy with bad internet. I suffered a lot of freezes and one crash. It seems the game is very very prone to problems if somebody in your team has bad internet.

The same day I grouped with other guy and had a hilarious game where we killed many scorchbeast with almost no life left, fighting at the same time many other level 50 enemies.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
the most terrifying thing in the wastes is a follower that due to some pathfinding quirk is sneaking back up to you using a completely roundabout path. spooked me so many times.

Mechahamster
Oct 9, 2007
Tiny paws of doom
I like exploring new locations, hoarding surgical trays and shooting some Super Mutants with my buddy KingKong69. Over the past few days I learnt this means there must be something very, very wrong with me.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Mechahamster posted:

I like exploring new locations, hoarding surgical trays and shooting some Super Mutants with my buddy KingKong69. Over the past few days I learnt this means there must be something very, very wrong with me.

A good place to grind is watoga school, when the spawn is just right, is just a infinite stream of crazy goul boys to hack and slash.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I don't know why people are so surprised people can enjoy this game.

Fallout 4 had fun parts. Fallout 76 is basically an extended Fallout 4, so they share the same positives.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm not surprised, just disappointed. We could be getting so much better if people didn't settle for hack jobs like this

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
Is Siljmonster for real?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm not surprised, just disappointed. We could be getting so much better if people didn't settle for hack jobs like this

Some of us are playing it and having fun, but only to find things you guys can hate. Is a sacrifice we are willing to do.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

this barbie dress up simulator is fun

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Every night i wake up in a sweat, “why oh why are people enjoying the new fallout????”

anyone who posts about fallout 76 being a bad game also does this

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

this weird line of thought is expected from tweens on Reddit, but you are supposed to be an adult with a credit card

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

hawowanlawow posted:

this weird line of thought is expected from tweens on Reddit, but you are supposed to be an adult with a credit card

I'm not following your logic here

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
He's just saying your childish hot take is childish.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
still not getting it, explain it to me like I'm someone who just bought a copy of Fallout 76

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm not following your logic here

The hottest new genre of games on steam are anime tiddies. The most popular genres are mobas and battle royales one is cancer and the other is low effort cancer, sports games have literally been changing nothing but the year on their titles for the last decade, rockstar and shark cards exist, yet the hill weirdos are dying on when it comes to studios being “irresponsible with artistic vision for money” is Fallout 76 for some reason.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Say it to him again, but as if he's a colossal retard

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

most people who play games are regular older folks and if you start talking to them irl about boycotting games and teaching developers a lesson they will think you are a crazy person and rightfully mock you when you leave

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rhymenoserous posted:

The hottest new genre of games on steam are anime tiddies. The most popular genres are mobas and battle royales one is cancer and the other is low effort cancer, sports games have literally been changing nothing but the year on their titles for the last decade, rockstar and shark cards exist, yet the hill weirdos are dying on when it comes to studios being “irresponsible with artistic vision for money” is Fallout 76 for some reason.

I agree really I don't understand why people criticize Fallout 76 when low effort 4chan copypasta horror meme games exist

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

F-f-fight the power!! *Fist raised and head down in front of of Bethesda studios, Bethesda Maryland.*

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think this is a weird reaction to people posting that a video game is bad online

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

I just hit the 70 hour mark, not sure if this or Prey Mooncrash is my goty. I'm loving it. Playing a sneaky sniper with police hat and shades + prisoner collar in swimsuit.
I built my camp overlooking whitesprings so usually there is a huge war going on there.
Rip to Miguel and Maria my favorite characters. Firebreathers rule.
Started the Mistress of Mystery quest which is hella cool.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think this is a weird reaction to people posting that a video game is bad online

Nah it's the usual dog pile on SA exacerbated by the fact that the game is mediocre as hell.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I'll probably buy 76 eventually. I'm not particularly proud of that though, and I definitely won't do so until the price has dropped and the worst of the bugs have been fixed.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

I just hit the 70 hour mark, not sure if this or Prey Mooncrash is my goty. I'm loving it. Playing a sneaky sniper with police hat and shades + prisoner collar in swimsuit.
I built my camp overlooking whitesprings so usually there is a huge war going on there.

Whitspring is a place I am considering relocation some day. Maybe on top a pool or something, if the game allow to build there.

Even at level 50+ is a great place to grind, and having these defense robots around is interesting. I imagine is interesting to place your base near a vendor, so you could abuse some crafting loop to make a lot of cash.

Yesterday I was without ammo or caps at first, and it sucks to walk everywhere, but I found some new places along the path, so it was not a waste.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Glenn Quebec posted:

Nah it's the usual dog pile on SA exacerbated by the fact that the game is mediocre as hell.

Which is truly the greatest sin of all

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

Greetings, fellow Firebreather

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 21, 2018

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The only thing that riles up goons more than saying a game is good, is saying that a game is bad

This really is the Mass Effect Andromeda of the Fallout series, just need to get cams to come have a meltdown itt and the cycle will be complete

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

CharlestonJew posted:

The only thing that riles up goons more than saying a game is good, is saying that a game is bad

Don't you see? Us funhavers are just trying to inject some joy into your cynical lives! By persuading you via reasoned argument that the game is good for objective reasons, we can give you the fun that you as a human being deserve. If you don't like the game, the only logical conclusion is that you have either chosen to ignore the fun or you are ignorant of the fun's location.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Don't you see? Us funhavers are just trying to inject some joy into your cynical lives! By persuading you via reasoned argument that the game is good for objective reasons, we can give you the fun that you as a human being deserve. If you don't like the game, the only logical conclusion is that you have either chosen to ignore the fun or you are ignorant of the fun's location.

And I would like to inject fun into your life by convincing you the game is bad, so we can all laugh at it together

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

And I would like to inject fun into your life by convincing you the game is bad, so we can all laugh at it together

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

heeheex2 posted:

Every night i wake up in a sweat, “why oh why are people enjoying the new fallout????”

anyone who posts about fallout 76 being a bad game also does this

is there a canonical answer as to how large the pip boy's pores are

maybe he is immaculate

or maybe he is flawed, as we all are, to help him be relatable even in the most subtle of ways

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

loving radical moderates strike again

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The reviews are still trickling in and the writers have not yet gotten the message that negativity poisons the mind:

quote:

Fallout 76 may be the most badly made video game we’ve ever seen from a major publisher. The idea of a multiplayer Fallout is perfectly fine, of course, and something that’s been planned, by more than just Bethesda, many times over the years. But given the concept’s potential the end result is baffling not only in terms of how much it gets wrong but in its haphazard implementation, resulting in a game that is not just broken on a technical level but in terms of almost all its major design decisions.

(3/10)

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/21/fallout-76-review-a-bad-idea-poorly-executed-8162807/?ito=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

CharlestonJew posted:

Have you ever been laughed at, friend? It's not a fun experience. Fallout 76 didn't choose to be born. And yet you mock it? Do not live a life where you gain happiness at the expense of others. Join us. Buy the game. Go on, do it. DO IT.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Flip side of the coin is someone posting "I'm actually having fun with this." and someone responding "But don't you understand you are destroying video games???" :derp:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Fallom posted:

The reviews are still trickling in and the writers have not yet gotten the message that negativity poisons the mind:

Sounds like a real stinker of a game from Bethesda Game Studios.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

Flip side of the coin is someone posting "I'm actually having fun with this." and someone responding "But don't you understand you are destroying video games???" :derp:

"Let me tell you why you are a broke brain idiot as a sure-fire method of convincing you the fun you had didn't happen"

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I think two different type of reviewers hate this game.

The guys that want a World of Warcraft experience and that scored a low 71 to ESO, because was not enough like World of Warcraft. They hate Fallout76, because is not enough like World of Warcraft. This group of people could have been satisfied by installing a icon with the name "Fallout 76" that is just a hotlink to WoW.exe

The guys that want a Fallout New Vegas 2, made by Obsidian, they hate the game because have very few NPC's and all the lore is delivered through audiotapes and ambient design that despite being very good, is not how they want a story to be delivered. This group of people could have been satisfied by installing a icon with the name "Fallout 76" that plays the 4 hours long Seal of Nehara machinima.

Tei fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Nov 21, 2018

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I feel like I am having fun with this game but also think it's a bad game that will exhaust me from playing after 20-30 hours instead of being like the other fallout games that I can put 100 hours into then pick up again and again every few years. Everything wrong about this game feels like stuff that kill the desire to play it long term but nothing feels unfun about going through the base content once. Like at it's core it's just fallout 4 gameplay and it's fun to see some new enemies and weapons and stuff, even if it's obvious that there is no long term legs to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rhymenoserous posted:

that's exactly what happened, yes