Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Yeah that makes sense. He's like an anti-Luffy in a lot of ways, and building up a super powerful crew to gank the Straw Hats just before Raftel is almost completely contrary to Luffy's "strategy" so far

That Absalom/Shiryu reveal is crazy. When they finally do show, Blackbeard's crew is going to be ludicrously strong. Some of the abilities of the "joke" DF users would be terrifying in more competent hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ya suddenly im worried about what foxy is up to

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
drat i really want to read them now

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

scary ghost dog posted:

:stare::hf:

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

scary ghost dog posted:

He's already at Raftel. When the Straw Hats arrive, they see a figure on the shore out to greet them. "Still so slow, I see, eh Straw Hat?! Fuehfehfehfeh!"

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Jose posted:

I really want to read... the chapter

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
200,000 years of human history and we exist at the same time as One Piece. Life is good, friends.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Jose posted:

The black boxes are a trap that you must avoid at all costs

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oda forgive me - I glanced at the first tiny sentence of spoilers just to see what's coming up.

Well, at least we've got Thanksgiving to distract us in the US.

Tolth posted:

To quote Oda directly from a recent interview on the plot of the current arc -

"I can see future predictions from readers but this time the developments will be unexpected and not easy...

The obstacles will be so difficult that it will not be easy for the reader to imagine what's going to happen.

I will expand that imagination and I will show you what's called 'BEYOND IMAGINATION'."

This is what I like to call "BEYOND IMAGINATION 2" :ssj:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

god resisting spoilers and waiting for the chapter is getting to be as painful as it was during the marineford arc

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

Oda forgive me - I glanced at the first tiny sentence of spoilers just to see what's coming up.

Well, at least we've got Thanksgiving to distract us in the US.

This is what I like to call "BEYOND IMAGINATION 2" :ssj:

Japan also has Thanksgiving coming up, by the way: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_Thanksgiving_Day

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

U-DO Burger posted:

god resisting spoilers and waiting for the chapter is getting to be as painful as it was during the marineford arc

Resisting spoilers is easy. You just pity the idiots that don't get to enjoy the chapter as it was intended, with art and story

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Resisting spoilers is easy. You just pity the idiots that don't get to enjoy the chapter as it was intended, with art and story

I get to enjoy just fine when the chapter is released :confused:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tolth posted:

Well, this week's spoilers look completely insane and are, apparently, real.

Some key hype points are below. I've avoided specifics but these are still spoilers.

• We catch up with Moria.
  • We find out the new devil fruit powers of a few of the Blackbeard pirates, including Shiryu.
  • We get an update about what happened at the Reverie.
  • We find out Blackbeard's new bounty. Unsure if we see his post-TS design.
  • Queen and King are revealed.

I did the Vince McMahon faces reading these spoilers.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Tolth posted:

Well, this week's spoilers look completely insane and are, apparently, real.

Some key hype points are below. I've avoided specifics but these are still spoilers.

• We catch up with Moria.
  • We find out the new devil fruit powers of a few of the Blackbeard pirates, including Shiryu.
  • We get an update about what happened at the Reverie.
  • We find out Blackbeard's new bounty. Unsure if we see his post-TS design.
  • Queen and King are revealed.

Interesting! I'm making some predictions just based on these:

• Moria has gotten back in shape after losing to Luffy, much as Crocodile apparently did.
  • Jozu died in the Payback War and Shiryu has his DF now. (It's the obvious setup for a Shiryu vs. Jozu fight later, calling back to Mr. 1's comment about Zoro cutting diamond in the future.)
  • Blackbeard's bounty is around 2 billion.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Electric Phantasm posted:

I did the Vince McMahon faces reading these spoilers.

you did this

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I keep clicking this page and my mouse is over the spoilers when I load in and I start reading them by accident and it's very annoying

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah I don't mind people talking spoilers but I think it would be nice if people quoting them deleted them from the quote.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
get better at using forums

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Viridiant posted:

Yeah I don't mind people talking spoilers but I think it would be nice if people quoting them deleted them from the quote.

thats pretty stupid.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Why?

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

You could just... not hover over them? Or wait a day till the chapter comes out before entering the thread again?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This is the thread that went on a two page derail because I said "Luffy said he wants to be Pirate king"

People want to enjoy One Piece at their own pace, that's fine and I understand that but people want to obsessively enjoy it at their pace which includes being disgusted that spoilers even exist three days before it's translated.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Because we're already making a concerted effort to avoid you being exposed to those spoilers against your will and observing the proper etiquette in doing so. If you're mousing over spoilers accidentally, that sucks, but it's not anyone else's problem.

RealFoxy posted:

This is the thread that went on a two page derail because I said "Luffy said he wants to be Pirate king"

People want to enjoy One Piece at their own pace, that's fine and I understand that but people want to obsessively enjoy it at their pace which includes being disgusted that spoilers even exist three days before it's translated.

People went on a two page derail because you posted spoilers while claiming they weren't spoilers because you found it predictable.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Don't start this poo poo again, just admit you hosed up and move on

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Tolth posted:

Because we're already making a concerted effort to avoid you being exposed to those spoilers against your will and observing the proper etiquette in doing so. If you're mousing over spoilers accidentally, that sucks, but it's not anyone else's problem.

Yeah I get it, I'm just saying it would be nice if people did that. That's all. Do it, don't do it, I don't care, I was just throwing it out there.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Doflamingo posted:

You could just... not hover over them? Or wait a day till the chapter comes out before entering the thread again?

I was being semi-facetious, but the point of my post is that I have no way of knowing there's gonna be spoilers before I load the page in, and I can't see them while my mouse is over them.

Also lol, shut up, I'm not abandoning the thread until the chapter comes out just because you wanna poo poo it up with spoilers.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Arist posted:

I was being semi-facetious, but the point of my post is that I have no way of knowing there's gonna be spoilers before I load the page in, and I can't see them while my mouse is over them.

The internet is a wild and unpredictable place.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Arist posted:

Also lol, shut up, I'm not abandoning the thread until the chapter comes out just because you wanna poo poo it up with spoilers.

You're being a little baby.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's just a minor annoyance, you're the one making it into a huge thing my dude.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Arist.... is in the right

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Tolth posted:

Because we're already making a concerted effort to avoid you being exposed to those spoilers against your will

it would take even less effort and be infinitely more effective to just not post spoilers

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bleck posted:

it would take even less effort and be infinitely more effective to just not post spoilers

Spoilers are good

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

gently caress me, where's that chapter already? Its Thursday, we should already be rolling in the paperbacks by now.

I dont want some chump spoilers, I want the main cheese!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Parrotine posted:

gently caress me, where's that chapter already? Its Thursday, we should already be rolling in the paperbacks by now.

Eat some turkey and fall asleep until the scans arrive!

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Parrotine posted:

https://imgur.com/gViQr2v

Tomorrow.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Luffy goes to jail and misses Thanksgiving. Most hosed-up arc yet.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

Luffy goes to jail and misses Thanksgiving. Most hosed-up arc yet.

at least goku showed up

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/925/page/1

:bignews:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet