Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Man my Growlith was just getting chomped my Team Rocket and he was not pullin his weight. But then afterwards I went into the gym and it's entirely plant based and well the entire gym is now burning to the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I was previously upset about not being able to evolve Eevee into Sylveon (my favorite eeveelution). However, not already having a fairy type on my team encouraged me too try having an Aloan Ninetales on my team and now I love her just as much as Sylveon.

Also, I can put a pink shirt and ribbons and a cute hat on my Eevee so she's just as stylish as Sylveon anyway :3:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Pro tip for battling Mewtwo if your team is woefully underprepared - find someone on your team that can take at least one hit, and replace one of their TM-able moves with Toxic. Apply it and continually heal as Mewtwo tries to kill you. Eventually when its health gets low enough from the Toxic damage it will be spamming Recover instead of attacking and won't be able to keep up now that you have free reign to attack it without fear of getting hit yourself.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Ometeotl posted:

In a game with no hold items and no abilities, Alolan Marowak was always going to be an uphill battle

Marowak's at an advantage really, because it gets Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Rock Slide, and Earthquake all by TM pre-Victory Road.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I nearly spent all my money on accessories for my Eevee buddy.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Kirios posted:

The Alolan Marowak you can get in-game is freaking worthless. It has overleveled all of its good moves, and yet, doesn't have them. You have to wait until Indigo Plateau to get the move relearner to fix it!

And he's my favorite Alolan form! :(

its still funny to me Alolan Marrowak evolves a level after it learns its signature move in SuMo, and obviously cubone can't get it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Where the gently caress are all the ghosts in this haunted ghost tower. Ya know what Pokemon I have run into? A goddamned Chansey. What are you even doing in here! I have a lure on too! What is this

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

So I have been trying to do the Pokemon go transfer stuff. But I am having connection issues and recently my switch game has been crashing as it tries to connect to my phone. I don't know how im screwing this up so bad.

Edit: apparently Spotify killed all my Pokemon

Ashtarath fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 21, 2018

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Meet Tamagotcheevee:

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

less laughter posted:

Meet Tamagotcheevee:

I don't even like eevee and I'll take 10, thanks.

Is there a repeatable way to get heart scales in let's go?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

less laughter posted:

Meet Tamagotcheevee:

Oh no, my Eevee is going to die of starvation in a pile of its own poop :smith:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Oh no, my Eevee is going to die of starvation in a pile of its own poop :smith:

That's how it evolves into the Ghost-type Eeeveelution.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The best friend rival is Barry though, also the best rival in general.

My bad I actually meant Barry from DPP, Wally was the sick nerd from RSE. He sucked.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Brick Shipment posted:

I don't even like eevee and I'll take 10, thanks.

Is there a repeatable way to get heart scales in let's go?

I’ve been getting them from taking my Pokemon for strolls.

One day of walking turned my level 5 Magikarp into a level 20 Gyarados. I’m still at Mt Moon because I’ve been busy, but I have a group of level 20+ Pokemon because of the Pokeball Plus.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Open Marriage Night posted:

I’ve been getting them from taking my Pokemon for strolls.

One day of walking turned my level 5 Magikarp into a level 20 Gyarados. I’m still at Mt Moon because I’ve been busy, but I have a group of level 20+ Pokemon because of the Pokeball Plus.

By strolls, do you mean walking around with them in the pokeball plus?
Didn't spring for that, unfortunately.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Are heart scales just for selling or do they do anything?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Are heart scales just for selling or do they do anything?

Move relearner needs 'em, you def wanna keep some around

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Isn't the actual easy way to beat the Metapod/Kakuna Master fights is cheat by feeding your dude tons of Mighty Candies to the point that he owns the other dude with super strong Bug Bites?

That was my original thought too, but Caterpie and Weedle don't learn Bug Bite in this game. You're stuck with Tackle/Poison Sting.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Giovanni, just pull out the gun you absolutely have in your desk and shoot the child

There’s a gentlemen’s agreement during a battle not to just use a psychic type to turn his head into toast or burn down his office and he abides by his end

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

There’s a gentlemen’s agreement during a battle not to just use a psychic type to turn his head into toast or burn down his office and he abides by his end

I did not agree to such a thing

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

RME posted:

its still funny to me Alolan Marrowak evolves a level after it learns its signature move in SuMo, and obviously cubone can't get it

Cubone/Marowak's life is pain.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

A fun thing about candies is that they make a runthrough with NFE Pokemon completely viable, and not an exercise in frustration. I'm getting Eevee game first, but when I get Pikachu game I intend to play through as Yellow from Adventures, with her own team (subbing Graveller for its Alola form). Should be a riot, especially with the way the timeline shifted.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

RME posted:

Just makes the Totem Marowak in Ultra Sun all the more useful... since he comes at level 25, already evolved and low enough level to pick up that signature move.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet, or if it’s something others find cool, but: the interior of the game case has an illustrated map of kanto with all the pokemon painted in, and legendary birds and mewtwo in the four corners. A really pretty map that I reversed and made the cover right away.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

less laughter posted:

Meet Tamagotcheevee:

Wait are those 3 mystery Eeveelutions?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

RatHat posted:

Gen 8 motherfuckers

Normal, Poison, and Steel

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

RatHat posted:

No, one is costume Eevee, one is Team Rocket Eevee and one is Ditto Eevee.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

God drat you I demand my dragon, insect, and rock eevee

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

whatever happened to the mystery eevee pin

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I want a fighting Eevee

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope to get fighting Eevee you have to do something ridiculous, like be knocked out by a fighting move, use a revive, and defeat the enemy who knocked you out

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

I hope to get fighting Eevee you have to do something ridiculous, like be knocked out by a fighting move, use a revive, and defeat the enemy who knocked you out

It has to be something you can't do in any previous generation, so you gotta do all that and use a new TM move or while wearing an otherwise useless hold item.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Dragon type Eevee should be the last and final Eevee to complete the special cycle

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

MasterSlowPoke posted:

It has to be something you can't do in any previous generation, so you gotta do all that and use a new TM move or while wearing an otherwise useless hold item.

Who tf honestly cares if it's something that hasn't been possible before

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TheKingofSprings posted:

Dragon type Eevee should be the last and final Eevee to complete the special cycle

You have to solo a special trainer with your regular Eevee, that trainer has the Bug, Rock, Steel, Ghost, Fighting, and Ground Eeveelutions.

But that shouldn't be the last one, the last one should be Normal

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

and then you introduce Eevelutions with multiple types

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Andrast posted:

and then you introduce Eevelutions with multiple types

Eevelutions of every Pokémon species.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

But that shouldn't be the last one, the last one should be Normal
It would complete the cycle because the pattern, although it's never been called attention to, to eeveelutions thus far has been that it can only evolve into types that used to be specially-attacking before that was made into a property of moves themselves in gen IV. Now, fairy didn't exist before the split but it's fairly obvious it would have been a special attacking type if it did. And dragon is the last special attack type left with no corresponding eevee.

Yes, dragon was special and ghost was physical. Don't ask me.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Then each Eevelution needs a mega evolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Amppelix posted:

Yes, dragon was special and ghost was physical. Don't ask me.

Note this meant that before the Physical/Special split Banette was the only Ghost type that could get a lot of use out of its STAB.