Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

Bogus Adventure posted:

And that is the power of the Federation's optimism. Each species' cultural differences compliment and enhance each other. It's what we as a people should strive towards.

I loving LOVE Star Trek

It makes me proud to be Huu-Mon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Haha, it totally makes sense now that the Ferengi viewscreen conversations would be riddled with interstitial ads for lobe enhancement pills and commercials for shuttle insurance. I want them to incorporate that if we ever see them again.

Come to Quark's!
Quark's is fun!
Come right now!
Don't walk - run!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Gonna get blazed and watch The Motion Picture. :2bong:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

numberoneposter posted:

Gonna get blazed and watch The Motion Picture. :2bong:

I did this once in an Airbnb that came with a cat and free edibles and it was easily the most I’ve ever enjoyed TMP

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I did this once in an Airbnb that came with a cat and free edibles and it was easily the most I’ve ever enjoyed TMP

Mods change my name to "AirBnB Edibles" please.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Captive Pursuit:

Tosk: Die with honor, O'Brien.
O'Brien: Die with honor, Tosk.

:3: :hellyeah:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Not Dos Equis? smdh

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Corgi LaForge?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bobby Deluxe posted:

surprisingly our man bashir was less silly than the klingon episode that preceded it

this sword clearly corrupts the mind of anyone who holds it into wanting to take over the empire, shall we

a. hide it in a random asteroid belt
b. melt it
c. just drop it off in the middle of space where kor can just come back and get it next time he gets pissed

also if teleporters can replicate the age and c14 breakdown of matter to the point that tricorder age vetification still works then that would make the antiques trade a friggin nightmare

It's not the sword itself but the idea of it. It's basically Klingon gold fever.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's not the sword itself but the idea of it. It's basically Klingon gold fever.

I just remembered playing through Star Trek Armada's storyline (man I really wish I could get that game playing on my current laptop), and they literally just go back and get it for some reason.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

mojo1701a posted:

I just remembered playing through Star Trek Armada's storyline (man I really wish I could get that game playing on my current laptop), and they literally just go back and get it for some reason.

Some guy was planning on using his fake sword of Kahless to take over the empire, so Worf needed the real one to say, "nuh-uhhh, here is the real one, you can't be emperor".

I can't believe that I remembered that. :suicide:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

mojo1701a posted:

in star trek online kahless straight up makes one for you after you go through gre'thor

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

in star trek online kahless straight up makes one for you after you go through gre'thor

Sadly let down by the "The Klingon Empire is literally invaded by demons from hell" plot being retconned into a Dominion plot.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bogus Adventure posted:

Not Dos Equis? smdh

cold one with tha boys

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Ah, the other half of the transporter incident with my av.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Blistex posted:

Some guy was planning on using his fake sword of Kahless to take over the empire, so Worf needed the real one to say, "nuh-uhhh, here is the real one, you can't be emperor".

I can't believe that I remembered that. :suicide:

I still can see the image of the sword being beamed back to the Defiant in a low-res FMV.

You are not alone.

Seriously, I had a lot of fun wasting time playing against the computer. I've tried getting it to play but I can't.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I can't decide if that's dumb or hilarious.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

HD remake of star trek armada when

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
They finally go back to HD remaster DS9 but the only surviving film canister is half of Meridian

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

HD DAD posted:

They finally go back to HD remaster DS9 but the only surviving film canister is half of Meridian

we'd get to see hotquark in HD, i'm for it

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

mojo1701a posted:

I can't decide if that's dumb or hilarious.
i think its clone kahless who gives you it, but its actually really good, slightly faster than normal batleths with higher base damage and shield/armour penetration, and it scales with your level so its better than any other melee weapon in the game

which is nice for a weeb klingon but melee weapons are generally terrible and pointless in sto

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Pick posted:

we'd get to see hotquark in HD, i'm for it

Hoo gently caress I'm gonna regret asking this, but... hotquark?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Brawnfire posted:

Hoo gently caress I'm gonna regret asking this, but... hotquark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dp3jpsP58s

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

I fuckin' knew it before even clicking on it.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i think its clone kahless who gives you it, but its actually really good, slightly faster than normal batleths with higher base damage and shield/armour penetration, and it scales with your level so its better than any other melee weapon in the game

which is nice for a weeb klingon but melee weapons are generally terrible and pointless in sto

The only time melee weapons have ever made sense in Star Trek is either against the Borg, or if some kind of dampening field exists.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Oh, right.

...right.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

mojo1701a posted:

The only time melee weapons have ever made sense in Star Trek is either against the Borg, or if some kind of dampening field exists.
they ignore borg shields and the shields cannot adapt to that damage type, so if you get bored of having to use a remodulator every few shots, melee weapons are p. useful on most modules

you can also spec the tactical officers on your away teams for melee so you can also have ai loons cannonballing around your screen decapitating everything in ps2 era graphics quality

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

mojo1701a posted:

Or in an ancient combat ritual from your science officer's homeworld.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

- pizdulgir

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Powered Descent posted:

Or in an ancient combat ritual from your science officer's homeworld.

You'd think they'd have retconned that out. For a species that values logic, they sure as poo poo have some ridiculous rites.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

mojo1701a posted:

You'd think they'd have retconned that out. For a species that values logic, they sure as poo poo have some ridiculous rites.

It makes more sense when you realize that logic is arbitrary and every individual has their own personal idea of what is and is not logical. They're just as irrational, impulsive, and driven by tradition and personal whim as anyone else, they've just convinced themselves on a societal level that they're too smart to be irrational, impulsive, and driven by tradition and personal whim.

naem
May 29, 2011

the Vulcans started their whole logic thing after a horrific civil war that involved genocide and mind control (mind control stuff being borderline religious in nature and so was especially heinous to them).

They nuked their planet into mostly a desert and half their population took off into space to be evil Vulcans aka Romulans.

“Let’s never make that mistake again and just do math and wear robes but sometimes still get in awkward fights when we’re horny”

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

mojo1701a posted:

Even funnier when you start realizing that logic and rational are two wildly different concepts and "logical" could just as easily lead to mass violence and strife if it makes "logical" sense.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

THS posted:

HD remake of star trek armada when

Yes! Also maybe make a "Galactic Campaign" mode similar to SW: Empire at War.

Edit: I'm sure there's a ST Armada mod for EAW

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
What's the deal with the gambling device in DS9 "Rivals"? It doesn't seem like it takes any interaction beyond pressing the start button. I can't believe Quark is losing business to coin flip rave balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The most popular and addictive gambling device currently known to man is a giant box with a start button and vestigial lever.