Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I would like to know more about this RDM glam, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

let me tell you about my opinions on realistic armor in dumb anime games

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Blockhouse posted:

man y'all make me feel guilty for just wearing AF gear with how good all of this is

Nothing wrong with AF gear. Just like in real life though, wearing the same clothes, even good ones, gets boring. Part of the fun of the glamour game is also in mixing and matching parts from all sorts of sets to make a unique look. Also just feels lazy when you only use gear from one set.

Cabbit posted:

Omega caster gear.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

World War Mammories posted:

while I'm at it, HEY, ZEN, IF YOU STILL READ THIS THREAD, HELLFIRE ARMOR OF FENDING HAS A GIANT loving HOLE DIRECTLY ABOVE THE HEART AND IT'S STUPID

Blessed greased +2 silver dragon scale mail

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Blessed greased +2 silver dragon scale mail

I am extremely here for any and all nethack references but I cannot brook the suit of plate armor with a great big STAB ME RIGHT HERE sign

my IMMERSION

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cabbit posted:

I was actually really lazy with this one, it's the full Omicron caster set from Alphascape normal, plus a Palladium Tuck for the weapon. I just like the set because it's like something a forgotten member of KISS might wear, with a little more face paint.

You can't tell from the try on screen but the inner coat tail and gloves have this nuclear blue glow going on. Before I got them I thought they were just weirdly untextured.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Thundarr posted:

I was actually really lazy with this one, it's the full Omicron caster set from Alphascape normal, plus a Palladium Tuck for the weapon. I just like the set because it's like something a forgotten member of KISS might wear, with a little more face paint.

You can't tell from the try on screen but the inner coat tail and gloves have this nuclear blue glow going on. Before I got them I thought they were just weirdly untextured.

Oh, nice.

My current RDM glam is very low key, I've been looking for something more ostentatious to wear:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

did they say where 5.0 is taking place
I’m excited to become a dumbass rabbit that learns moves by getting murdered by monsters

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Augus posted:

I’m excited to be a stupid rabbit that learns moves by getting murdered by monsters

Not yet. Taking the fight to Garlemald has been the most common guess in the past but if we must first turn to the dark side, become eeeeevil then they may have us spend most or all of 5.0 doing other stuff instead?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
If we must become the evil, clearly we will be heading to moon.

Hopefully SE doesn't screw up a Warrior of Darkness storyline this time!

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i have been using the ilvl 100 warrior pvp gear since back when it still had rank requirements and they have yet to add better looking tank gear, although i do use the garo pants for a better silhouette

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

dorkness

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

I haven't finished the current MSQ patch yet, but what I'm figuring is we're going to get sucked over to wherever the Warriors of Darkness came from, that's where our buddies' souls have been going, and we have to fix their mess somehow, and then that will tie back to dealing with the Ascians/Garleans via whatever convoluted mess they'll come up with. With everyone getting sucked out of their bodies, you'll get changes like Y'shtola being able to see again, Thancred being able to use magic, and I dunno WOL not having the Blessing any more

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I've rocked this glamour since 3.4 and I'm not likely to change any time soon.

sighs heavily as i see yet another drk sword i need to make a glamour plate around

(what sword is that, by the way?)

Ibblebibble posted:

It looks like we need to make a high mythrite cuirass clubhouse.

it's Good

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Brainamp posted:

Nothing wrong with AF gear. Just like in real life though, wearing the same clothes, even good ones, gets boring. Part of the fun of the glamour game is also in mixing and matching parts from all sorts of sets to make a unique look. Also just feels lazy when you only use gear from one set.

I had a rule in GW2 where I didn't allow more than one item from a set in my glam and I'm glad I brought that rule forward into XIV because otherwise I'd look pretty boring.

Dockworker
Feb 22, 2011

Just you wait, the union is gonna hear about this.

I just started playing this game again since they added the glamour toilet and glamour plates. This solves a lot of the issues I had during ARR/HW where you had to search through your inventory and find the proper rank of prisms. Has there been any word from the fan fest about improving this by extending the number of slots/adding a true appearance wardrobe?

Relatedly, I made a new look for my red mage I’m leveling:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Augus posted:

I’m excited to become a dumbass rabbit that learns moves by getting murdered by monsters

Dockworker posted:

I just started playing this game again since they added the glamour toilet and glamour plates. This solves a lot of the issues I had during ARR/HW where you had to search through your inventory and find the proper rank of prisms. Has there been any word from the fan fest about improving this by extending the number of slots/adding a true appearance wardrobe?

During the Q&A it was asked. He then posed to the crowd what they wanted first; more glam space in the toilet, more glam plates, or more places they can switch glams. Based on the cheers it was more or less equal for more glam plates and a wider range of places to change glams so I would expect one, maybe both of those to be implemented.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 21, 2018

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I need to work on my Red Mage. I have plans for the glamour. Gonna go blue and white. I'm not going to conform to your societal norms!

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Kaubocks posted:

sighs heavily as i see yet another drk sword i need to make a glamour plate around

it's Good

Looks like the Sophia one. Still sitting on a pile of beads for whenever they release the crafted version!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I used to farm Sophia for shits and giggles back in the day. Probably my favourite encounter in the game, between the fight and the music. Ended up with a ton of beads and got rid of them cheap before Stormblood because I'm not smart.

Nearly all of my glamours use her weapons because they look awesome.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Jimbot posted:

I need to work on my Red Mage. I have plans for the glamour. Gonna go blue and white. I'm not going to conform to your societal norms!

Too late, you're still conforming. There's a bunch of blue colored RDMs already.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kaubocks posted:

I might not be a DRK but if you're gonna make a glamour plate around any DRK sword the big-rear end loving oni club you can get from pvp is legit one of the cooler ones, imho

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kaubocks posted:

It's the Sophic Edge.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Monathin posted:

I might not be a DRK but if you're gonna make a glamour plate around any DRK sword the big-rear end loving oni club you can get from pvp is legit one of the cooler ones, imho

unfamiliar with this since i rarely engage in pvp. got a link?

so far i have my default plate featuring the dead hive claymore. i also recently made a set for the mighty thunderclap that i posted here a while back but after using it i really don't like the armor of the behemoth king on DRK due to the way the cloth flaps on the side act in attack stance, so i need to redo that set probably...

i also picked up a claymore of the round i need to figure out a glam set for, and now this sophic edge... :rolldice:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kaubocks posted:

unfamiliar with this since i rarely engage in pvp. got a link?

Like I said I don't DRK but I found this one on the Eorzea Collection

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I've been using this DRK glam for a while, but i'm fond of it.

And between the motorcycle and the new hair, I had to try to make myself into Makoto.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

I can confirm that the high mythrite cuirass looks good as hell

I personally prefer the midan coat of fending and would post a screenshot were I not shitposting at work, but for some goddamn reason the collar is popped to hell and the player's chest is exposed and it drives me nuts

while I'm at it, HEY, ZEN, IF YOU STILL READ THIS THREAD, HELLFIRE ARMOR OF FENDING HAS A GIANT loving HOLE DIRECTLY ABOVE THE HEART AND IT'S STUPID

Hey, screw you, buddy, that's my favorite armor you're badmouthing.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Kaubocks posted:

slides into frame whispering "did someone say male au ra DRK"

Nice! Which sword is that? It kinda matches the dual color most drk skills have. I was also looking at the balmung in Mor Dhona, but I need 3 Rowenas Tokens :saddowns:

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Hey, screw you, buddy, that's my favorite armor you're badmouthing.

I really need to finish the Mhach raid series and get that Redbill scarf.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Without it, I might acknowledge that WWM has a point. With it, the coat flatters my characters collarbones and is great.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Oh are we sharing tank glams?

:v:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Monathin posted:

Like I said I don't DRK but I found this one on the Eorzea Collection

wow, great picture of your character :downs:

(thanks!)

central dogma posted:

Nice! Which sword is that? It kinda matches the dual color most drk skills have. I was also looking at the balmung in Mor Dhona, but I need 3 Rowenas Tokens :saddowns:

dead hive claymore

notes: it's normally blue but becomes mostly red when unsheathed. also when doing this butterflies fly off the sword, since it's a ravana weapon. depending on how edgy you're trying to be this may break your immersion

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Kithyen posted:

"What if Zell was a Warrior and also a basic bitch?"

I like it :thumbsup:

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

I'm a very serious dark knight ready for the expansion.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

As basic as it is, I've tried other items but this has been my favorite glamour for years now.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

I am extremely here for any and all nethack references but I cannot brook the suit of plate armor with a great big STAB ME RIGHT HERE sign

my IMMERSION

Its cut lower on duuuuuudes. :unsmigghh:

Unrelated pictures from my imgur clean up:

:sweep:

Sacrifice.

Hail the cube.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I'm at work so I don't have access to my screenshots, but here's my current tank glam, which is very much a work in progress.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Elentor posted:

As basic as it is, I've tried other items but this has been my favorite glamour for years now.

Basic is fine. Suits are good and you pull it off really well.

Edit: I desperately need the glamour closet to expanded like nowish. Retainers and armory can't hold all the spare glamour items I've still got.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Kithyen posted:

Absoutely