Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Vasudus posted:

i mean i know we have a very specific treason definition and this totally doesn't apply but uh i'm failing to come up with a better term for this

the chief of staff is using authority that is only authorized to the president of the united states, which in itself is unconstitutional when used on us soil, and it's just another wednesday

sedition? rebellion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

WTF is a 'Cabinet Order'? Sounds like some 25th Amendment BS.
Eliding from the inherent right of self defense to doing the Border Patrol's job for them. Like somebody from Liberty University Law School was also in JROTC.

Must be a Wednesday in 2018

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I want someone to put together an analysis on how much money has been wasted swatting down the Trump administration's obviously illegal EOs.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

i mean i know we have a very specific treason definition and this totally doesn't apply but uh i'm failing to come up with a better term for this

the chief of staff is using authority that is only authorized to the president of the united states, which in itself is unconstitutional when used on us soil, and it's just another wednesday

light treason

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/dataprogress/status/1065281868730441728?s=21

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Here's some information on Gritty's father(s) to fit the threadname. It's pretty convincing!

https://twitter.com/COLEMANICEWATER/status/1064697268731867136?s=19

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Roberts may have tipped his hand about how he's going to rule on some Trump-centric cases:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.2898f8a7d88d

quote:

Chief Justice John Roberts on Wednesday issued an extraordinary statement in response to President Trump’s criticism of federal judges, one day after the president blamed an “Obama judge” for ruling against his administration’s ban on asylum for those who cross the border illegally.

“We do not have Obama judges or Trump judges, Bush judges or Clinton judges,” Roberts said in a statement released the day before Thanksgiving. “What we have is an extraordinary group of dedicated judges doing their level best to do equal right to those appearing before them.”

“That independent judiciary is something we should all be thankful for,” the statement concluded.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Vasudus posted:

coup d'etat

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

McNally posted:

coup d'etat

maybe? i mean it's in service of the president probably because he was too lazy to do it himself and/or didn't want political blowback

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
While we're being nitpicky, is violating the pussy communist act unconstitutional or just regular illegal?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

McNally posted:

While we're being nitpicky, is violating the pussy communist act unconstitutional or just regular illegal?

pussy cummytatas, please

This whole thing was likely lawyered to gently caress and back, though that doesn't necessarily mean it's legal.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

McNally posted:

It's just regular illegal and also entirely a function of Rutherford Hayes selling out to the confederacy. Congress can repeal it whenever they care to and there's a valid case to be made that it doesn't even apply to the marines.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 21, 2018

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

facialimpediment posted:

pussy cummytatas, please

This whole thing was likely lawyered to gently caress and back, though that doesn't necessarily mean it's legal.

"Pussy communist" is a movie reference.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

that's the entire administration

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I'm really confused by this story. It reads like it's from some other country because a black FedEx driver punched a racist, killing him, and didn't get charged for it. This country sounds pretty loving cool.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...m=.86fc05c90e7d

There's a hero possibly delivering packages in Portland.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
One Punch Man falling on hard times, forced to deliver packages to make ends meet.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

I'm really confused by this story. It reads like it's from some other country because a black FedEx driver punched a racist, killing him, and didn't get charged for it. This country sounds pretty loving cool.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...m=.86fc05c90e7d

There's a hero possibly delivering packages in Portland.

Nice to have some feel-good stories leading into the holiday.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

joat mon posted:

WTF is a 'Cabinet Order'? Sounds like some 25th Amendment BS.
Eliding from the inherent right of self defense to doing the Border Patrol's job for them. Like somebody from Liberty University Law School was also in JROTC.

Must be a Wednesday in 2018

It reads like the kind of memo where a commander receives it and is either "thanks but no thanks" or, if a really bad person, ends up with their JAG trying to convince them that this memo is still a super bad idea.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Single-blow deaths seem to be p. common in portland wonder if they have unusually sharp curbs or what's the deal

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/07/one-punch_killings_they_happen.html

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

shame on an IGA posted:

Single-blow deaths seem to be p. common in portland wonder if they have unusually sharp curbs or what's the deal

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/07/one-punch_killings_they_happen.html

This guy lives there.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Allegedly the guy died because of the fall, not from the punch, and was in "exceptionally poor health" and lived in a van.

Would own if he refused to go on Medicaid or something because he didn't want a handout and his frail health ended up being his downfall.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Just a total normal one in America where I kill my 9 year old daughter with a .50 cal and then set up a GoFundMe to cover the funeral expenses

https://twitter.com/Well_Regulated_/status/1065286706914619392?s=19

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The ME is just like, "yeah, same story every time they fall backwards and Earnhart themselves. Don't get sucker punched on the sidewalk, belligerent shittalking should be kept on green spaces or at least gravel"

E:

Some negligent retard's gofundme posted:

There is nothing that can ever explain the loss of a beautiful child at such an early age.  
:thunk:

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 21, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The best one punch story I ever heard happened in Cleveland? Cincinnati? Somewhere in Ohio like almost 10 years ago now, goddamn. Dude gets punched and knocked out (think it was to the temple, which will 100% do it for most folks) and fell in a really funny way. Thanks to the whole unconscious and no fencing reaction thing he broke a rib and punctured his lung, dead by the time they got him to the hospital.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Just a total normal one in America where I kill my 9 year old daughter with a .50 cal and then set up a GoFundMe to cover the funeral expenses

https://twitter.com/Well_Regulated_/status/1065286706914619392?s=19

Aren't gun weirds supposed to be super into the concept that there's no such thing as a firearms "accident"?

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

Fallom posted:

Aren't gun weirds supposed to be super into the concept that there's no such thing as a firearms "accident"?

Negligent discharges.

If you fire your gun when you don't mean to its because you hosed up.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Thalantos posted:

Negligent discharges.

If you fire your gun when you don't mean to its because you hosed up.

post the story of the dude who blew his leg off trying to scare off an intruder

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Speaking of which

Oh, thanks youtube.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Fallom posted:

:clint: Self-Defense is a personal responsibility. Only a fool isn't ready to grab a gun and defend their family. I'm no sheep or victim. I'm a sheepdog! And I love PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!

*BANG*

:cry: Officers, I didn't mean to do a shooty!

sharknado slashfic posted:

Speaking of which

Oh, thanks youtube.

Iraq Veteran 8888 Hmmmmmmmmmmm

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

mlmp08 posted:

It reads like the kind of memo where a commander receives it and is either "thanks but no thanks" or, if a really bad person, ends up with their JAG trying to convince them that this memo is still a super bad idea.

Yeah, I don't ever recall seeing "White House CoS" as part of the NCA.

Kelly was 18th in line when he was Secretary of Homeland Security. Maybe he watched Dr. Strangelove and then had a DHS flashback?

joat mon fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 21, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't really want to start another gunchat derail, but I have a burning question:

Why, in the holy sweet mother of gently caress, would you have any ammo at all in your .50 caliber anti-material rifle in the first place when it's "sitting in the truck"

Is it in the event that an errant antifa aircraft starts making a strafing run?

joat mon posted:

Yeah, I don't ever recall seeing "White House CoS" as part of the NCA.

Kelly was 18th in line when he was Secretary of Homeland Security. Maybe he watched Dr. Strangelove and then had a DHS flashback?

Which really when you think about it, DHS should be a lot higher on the list because once we're past like, #3 some serious poo poo went down.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Did someone say "negligent discharges"?

https://twitter.com/iAmTheWarax/status/1060656834980265985

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Hell yeah

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...ingawful.com%2F

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Vasudus posted:

I don't really want to start another gunchat derail, but I have a burning question:

Why, in the holy sweet mother of gently caress, would you have any ammo at all in your .50 caliber anti-material rifle in the first place when it's "sitting in the truck"

Is it in the event that an errant antifa aircraft starts making a strafing run?

Which really when you think about it, DHS should be a lot higher on the list because once we're past like, #3 some serious poo poo went down.

Without more details, might not've been the .50 BMG you're thinking of, but a .50 blackpowder rifle or one of the other weird .50 calibers that aren't .50 BMG.

If it was a .50 BMG tell the family to shut down their funeral expenses Go Fund Me and sell the loving rifle instead, since apparently chucklefuck is too dumb to handle guns without killing his kid.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

quote:

2004, Iraq. #1CAV NCO jokingly tells gunner to clear his AT4 when returning from mission. PVT Snuffy does so, shooting it into clearing barrel. Fountain of fire, thankfully, no explosion.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

lmao he just can't ever loving shut up can he

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

sharknado slashfic posted:

Speaking of which

Oh, thanks youtube.

Sad.

You don’t need to tell the little lady anything because yer a man not some beta scrub.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

lmao he just can't ever loving shut up can he

He didn’t write that. Too many long words.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Witnessed a guy try to zero with his BFA on once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
The queen has spoken.

https://twitter.com/ocasio2018/status/1065335143529877505?s=21