Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

nerdz posted:

I'm looking around the website/git/discord and I still haven't seen where they put the method (how many of each enemy, any other guidelines etc)

I did some searching in the discord and found they test against 'oro100', which was defined as the following:

quote:

Oro100:
1. Orokin faction
2. Level 100
3. Two enemies of each type except drone

Justifications for doing it this way:

quote:

Why I chose the orokin faction is because it's the easiest to cross section your damage. Focus too much on corrosive (a trap I also fall to) and you'll have a hard time killing the big MOA before it launches a drone. That hurts the timing if you can't burst specific targets.

quote:

Why not level 50 like brozime does it? The simple answer is: your max level range for sorties is level 100. Currently, it is within reason to meet up to level 130 enemies when doing reasonable content (wave 8 Elite Sanctuary Onslaught) and the same goes for Arbitration.

quote:

In conclusion, the oro100 is designed to give you the worst case cross-section of enemies that you might have to face in your game time as a tenno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah, the staticor is currently better than any primary and just about matches the atterax for clear speed. It's gonna get nerfed.

Please no... I just discovered this thing and it’s so much fun

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
There's only two factors that decide if a primary is worth using:

1: How little effort do I have to spend aiming it?

2: How obnoxious is the visual effect?

As you can see the Arca Plasmor excels in both ways on top of doing some pretty respectable damage. I am entirely open to suggestions for competitors for its current supremacy, however.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

The issue I have is pretty much that a weapon like the Plasmor built for magnetic damage is going to be terrible against high level Grineer, but it will be the MVP of Arbitration because of its innate punch through allowing it to easily pop drones. So, despite being one of the best (if not the best) option for one type of content it's shown as the bottom tier of viable on their ranking system. Measuring weapons in a worst case scenario doesn't make sense for Warframe where you can tailor your load out for every situation ahead of time.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 21, 2018

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

DoombatINC posted:

Another Fortuna hotfix just dropped, and I noticed this in the notes:

So I guess that means that being able to carry multiple Dragon Keys at once has been upgraded from "bug" to "feature"

Happened a few weeks ago, in the console patch notes for Chimera.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

On the other end of the spectrum, what's your favorite set up for clearing low level poo poo as quickly as possible?

I'm partial to Volt + Amprex, I can run at mach 6 and hold down the trigger chaining death to everything until I get to extraction.

edit amprex not atterax durr

Shredder fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 21, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Please no... I just discovered this thing and it’s so much fun

Good news, the buff that made it completely genocidal was very recent and also just an increase to its splash damage range. If it's reverted to its pre buff state it'll still be super powerful, just not clearing entire rooms with 3 shots max powerful.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Pendent posted:

As you can see the Arca Plasmor excels in both ways on top of doing some pretty respectable damage. I am entirely open to suggestions for competitors for its current supremacy, however.

Amprex is a ton of fun but actually way more forma intensive to build out than a Plasmor.

If I didn't have a riven for my Plasmor I'd probably use the Amprex instead...

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

njsykora posted:

Good news, the buff that made it completely genocidal was very recent and also just an increase to its splash damage range. If it's reverted to its pre buff state it'll still be super powerful, just not clearing entire rooms with 3 shots max powerful.

Ah so that’s what it was. The build videos I was watching were older so it definitely seemed like I was getting more splash damage than them.

Atomos may retake the #1 spot in my heart if they revert it, but the Staticor will still be a monster if all they lower is splash range.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

FileNotFound posted:

Amprex is a ton of fun but actually way more forma intensive to build out than a Plasmor.

If I didn't have a riven for my Plasmor I'd probably use the Amprex instead...

It's on my to-build list, I just need to farm up the fieldron and argon for it at some point. Probably more forma too since I've been burning through my stash at an alarming rate recently.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm kind of digging the Battacor, I like the pocket Opticor gimmick. Hard to tell what the potential is since it doesn't have any polarized slots.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Sandweed posted:

Some people can't handle the love she brings.
i just wanted to make a bunny friend :smith:

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Wait, Staticor explosions are now a flat 8 meter radius regardless of charge level? With higher damage than the Scourge? And no self-damage?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

CompeAnansi posted:

I did some searching in the discord and found they test against 'oro100', which was defined as the following:

Justifications for doing it this way:

Still a bit vague. I assume he means all non-eximus enemies, so it's like

-Ancient
-Bombard
-Butcher
-Crewman
-Heavy Gunner
-Lancer
-Moa
-Nullifier?

Not a full 20 enemies but that seems to be it.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

nerdz posted:

Yeah, I mean in a perfect world you'll have a weapon for clearing trash and other to instantly erase heavies and they might both suck at the opposite tasks. Some weapon/frame combinations will truly make them shine. This test is for how a weapon handles all of those by itself with 0 assistance. I like the idea but it sure needs more work.

This is why all tier lists are terrible, because judging weapons in a vacuum is an inherently flawed approach.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

ElegantFugue posted:

Wait, Staticor explosions are now a flat 8 meter radius regardless of charge level? With higher damage than the Scourge? And no self-damage?

It’s a sight to behold

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

They are basically testing against endless missions in the void which used to be the only "endgame" in Warframe. If you're raising the alert level in Orb Vallis to farm toroids there would certainly be better builds and weapons or doing endless infested or something.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I haven't played Warframe earnestly in years and am thinking about selling my account, but I've never done something like that before. Does anyone have any experience with this? My account is ancient, and I haven't poop socked it, but I do have quite a bit of stuff on top of the excalibur prime bundle I bought early on. It's PC, too. If this isn't the spot for this, thanks anyway thread 😔

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Penpal posted:

I haven't played Warframe earnestly in years and am thinking about selling my account, but I've never done something like that before. Does anyone have any experience with this? My account is ancient, and I haven't poop socked it, but I do have quite a bit of stuff on top of the excalibur prime bundle I bought early on. It's PC, too. If this isn't the spot for this, thanks anyway thread 😔

It's against the TOS and will get the account banned.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Caryna posted:

That is a true statement. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen on some site that has uhh player auctions.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Caryna posted:

Is that where they got the raw material for the Zanukas then?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have tips on dealing with Bursa? I seem to do 0 damage to it even with my Attarax. It has heavy armor that my corpro doesn't affect much, and it spams a knockdown wave that makes the 0 damage I do even harder to do.

It's red so I guess that means it's a Denial Bursa.

Caryna posted:

There's gonna be sooooooo many sold Switch transfer accounts.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 21, 2018

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
Bursas take no damage when you hit their shields (the physical metal shields, not the blue health bar) and reduced damage in most locations (but increased from the console in the back). It's best to bring a frame that will let you hit them in the back, either by using stealth or one of the many powers that disable enemies. Failing that, you want a gun rather than melee so you can target specific body parts and either radiation damage or a status build that can handle armor.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

Anyone have tips on dealing with Bursa? I seem to do 0 damage to it even with my Attarax. It has heavy armor that my corpro doesn't affect much, and it spams a knockdown wave that makes the 0 damage I do even harder to do.

It's red so I guess that means it's a Denial Bursa.

There's gonna be sooooooo many sold Switch transfer accounts.

Run at the bursa and jump (not bullet jump) over it while shooting downward. You'll hit the thing in the head and the fanny pack. Even better run and jump at it and do a midair spin and unload on the dumb thing. Just make sure you're using your "blow up the single tough thing" gun instead of your "kill the whole group of pathetic poo poo" gun.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I think i just gave up trying to be smart and deliberate and excal blade ulted them whenever i couldn't outrun them, which must have punch through or somehow hit some of the vulnerable hitboxes from most angles just from mashing E. On other frames i just pray whatever CC i have works on them (and hope someone else's does when that's not the case).

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Bursas are one of the few enemy types just immune to CC. The only real trick to them is not hit them in the face. Frame powers can make jokes out them pretty easily.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

Hobold posted:

Bursas are one of the few enemy types just immune to CC.

Are you referring specifically to the powers that open enemies up for finishers? I know that Frost's 1 works on them, and I think I remember Rhino's 4 working as well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jesus.

My Gram Prime is ridiculous now.

5-6 red digits floating off each enemy

:unsmigghh:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

When will we get bursa legs/shields for our moas?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

HundredBears posted:

Are you referring specifically to the powers that open enemies up for finishers? I know that Frost's 1 works on them, and I think I remember Rhino's 4 working as well.

Nova's 4 works on them.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
That test wasn't too bad, cleared with 1:25 left. :toot:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
easiest ways to get the primed mods i want (like, say, point blank) is to just trade poo poo for plat and buy it from .market, y/n

seems like waiting to get lucky getting them from baro is a bad idea

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

How does red/orange crits work anyway? I have a Gorgon riven which nets me 121% crit so I see them pretty often but I don't actually know what they mean. I'm bad at theorycrafting.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

easiest ways to get the primed mods i want (like, say, point blank) is to just trade poo poo for plat and buy it from .market, y/n

aside from the login reward primed mods, that and baro are the only ways. so yes, if you don't want to wait then buy them.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Is this a known thing to happen: https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpartialStrongShrimpNomNom (sorry about the encoding stuttering, i was doing OBS benchmarks)
If so: how do i replicate it
if not: where would i make a very specific feature request that i would happily pay some plat for...

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 22, 2018

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Gonkish posted:

How does red/orange crits work anyway? I have a Gorgon riven which nets me 121% crit so I see them pretty often but I don't actually know what they mean. I'm bad at theorycrafting.

100-150 makes orange crits, anything past that is red but continues to multiply harder the higher it goes every 50%. I think it's 1.5x your crit multiplier for orange, 2x for 150-200 and so on but not totally sure on that.

edit: ok apparently i'm completely wrong, go read that other post down there instead

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 22, 2018

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

aside from the login reward primed mods, that and baro are the only ways. so yes, if you don't want to wait then buy them.

cool ty. sell valuable poo poo on the market, save the rest to give to baro for ducats seems like the way to go

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Gonkish posted:

Your crits crit. The math is of course a little bit more involved than that but not by much, https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Critical_Hit

1 + Crit Tier × (Modded Crit Multiplier − 1) is the important bit.

No but it should be, more tricks and trick animations please.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 22, 2018

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

HundredBears posted:

I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong. It might have changed. I knew bursas and not-zanuka's were immune to CC, as I was told.

Legs Benedict posted:

Trading primed mods also has a 1 million credit tax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Hobold posted:

Trading primed mods also has a 1 million credit tax.

uh dang that is a lot