Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
are you trying to suggest that ben garrison is wrong in his latest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Vasudus posted:

are you trying to suggest that ben garrison is wrong in his latest

I am appreciative that some other goon takes the time to check in on Ben and post his comic and rants in the POLCOM thread. It is such a bizarre window into the right

Edit:
https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1065368964375691265
https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1065369323009658880
Poor Matt, can't even catch a break

Nick Soapdish fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 21, 2018

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Vasudus posted:

It's fascinating to consider all the ways that the country is stratifying and balkanizing itself.

I think it was George Carlin that observed/ranted that all politicians and news media ever focus on and talk about is the stuff that separates us and makes us different from one another. It sure looks like otherwise normal people do that to the nines as well though.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/ocasio2018/status/1065369433982595073?s=21

How is she so good at posting?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

the first Online congress person

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
lol at all the comments insulting her intelligence.

like have you heard the POTUS talk?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

- As far as I can tell generally intelligent.

- Was born after the Internet became a consumer item instead of just a DARPA project as opposed to being born shortly after the advent of the nuclear bomb or while black people where getting water hosed for wanting to vote.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

The people you're comparing her to are awful at the internet.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Defenestrategy posted:

- As far as I can tell generally intelligent.

- Was born after the Internet became a consumer item instead of just a DARPA project as opposed to being born shortly after the advent of the nuclear bomb or while black people where getting water hosed for wanting to vote.

Nah, she was born in '89, so she's old enough to remember when the Internet was a thing that didn't affect her life.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

mods changed my name posted:

lol at all the comments insulting her intelligence.

like have you heard the POTUS talk?

So many old white people Twitter avs telling her to stop making herself a victim and that she is the dumb one :allears:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
NY Cops pull over car with black males for tint and alleged failure to signal. They say they smell weed. Occupants say there is no weed.

One cops searches the car and finds nothing. The other officer searches the car, too, but his camera has a "malfunction" and goes dark. During this time, he searches the area that previously had no contraband. One of the car occupants sees him handling a plastic bag and asks what he's planting in the car. Then the officer's camera mysteriously reactivates just as he finds a weed butt on the ground, in the exact same area where the other cop had said he found nothing.

Arrests made. During the case, public defenders show timeline of various videos. The judge advises the police department that the cop testifying should get a lawyer. Case dismissed and sealed. Internal affairs says they found nothing wrong with the police procedure.

The driver of the car spent two weeks in jail awaiting court.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrfZuPFrH8A

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

NoT aLl CoPs!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
im really really really sorry for all the trump tweets lately but holy gently caress hahahaha

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1065400254151954432

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I was born in 89 and every now and than I sit around and think (sometimes weed is involved) that I am the last generation that didn't have the internet. Like sure it existed but it didn't permeate culture and social fabric like it does now. Its loving nuts when you think about it and like I k ow every generation does this but holy poo poo little kids are addicted to their screens

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!

Waroduce posted:

I was born in 89 and every now and than I sit around and think (sometimes weed is involved) that I am the last generation that didn't have the internet. Like sure it existed but it didn't permeate culture and social fabric like it does now. Its loving nuts when you think about it and like I k ow every generation does this but holy poo poo little kids are addicted to their screens

Now do the same for PCs, color TV, BW TV, radio and telephone wrt. the older people you know, starting with your parents and grandparents. It's a loving trip.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I think the mass proliferation of smart phones was a really big step in the direction of "always online"

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I didn't have a smart phone until I was 21. Going to Afghanistan and getting a burner dumb phone that had 2 weeks of battery life was such a treat.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I think the mass proliferation of smart phones was a really big step in the direction of "always online"

The smart phone is what used to be like 7 different expensive device now in your pocket 24/7. I also think the internet is big but what makes it bigger is that whole always online ways available 24/7 365 aspect of it.

My gf has friends who are pregnant and have made instagrams for their unborn kids and poo poo. Luke dis poo poo is nuts

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

you ever see someone mix up 81mm WP and illum rounds at night?

yeha uhhh me neither

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Waroduce posted:

The smart phone is what used to be like 7 different expensive device now in your pocket 24/7. I also think the internet is big but what makes it bigger is that whole always online ways available 24/7 365 aspect of it.

My gf has friends who are pregnant and have made instagrams for their unborn kids and poo poo. Luke dis poo poo is nuts

oh I love it (smart phones, not instagram facebook etc) but I was also around 22 when I first got one (blackberry), a lot of kids in elementary school have smart phones and while I dont have kids Im sure this has a big impact on how they see life compared to us

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

oh I love it (smart phones, not instagram facebook etc) but I was also around 22 when I first got one (blackberry), a lot of kids in elementary school have smart phones and while I dont have kids Im sure this has a big impact on how they see life compared to us

My fiancee's sister is 22 and has no idea how to find anything unless there's an app for it. Like she had no idea how to Google anything, or look on Wikipedia, or even go to the library and find something in the catalogue there. I had similar experiences with early 20 somethings from the smartphone generation at my previous job.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I have friends who still google every webpage they go to, they dont favourite them, or remember the name or anything and it drives me mental when I see them do it, and theyre the same age as me

also like 3-4 extra bars on their browsers cause they click ads for whatever reason

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1065403512559992832

what even is this anymore

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I believe that would be what n4i would call "nice meltdown"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

I believe that would be what n4i would call "nice meltdown"

Naw, this is.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1065225940836458496?s=21

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Waroduce posted:

it owns that we remember 14.4kbps yet are still hella young and pretty

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

psydude posted:

I didn't have a smart phone until I was 21. Going to Afghanistan and getting a burner dumb phone that had 2 weeks of battery life was such a treat.

My first smart phone was in 2012.

When I turned 40.

:corsair:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Gas prices are still above $3 what is he talking about?

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Does anyone have a link to that interview with the Syrian refugee who said something along the lines of 'People think it can't happen in their country'?

I'd like to read the full article.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Midwest privilege :smug:

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

He's high as gently caress.

Reminder that next to no one is talking about this poo poo that's primed to take down a big chunk of the market
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/21/theres-a-9-trillion-corporate-debt-bomb-bubbling-in-the-us-economy.html

Immanentized fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 22, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

hobbesmaster posted:

Midwest privilege :smug:

Yeah but then you gotta live in the Midwest.

A fate worse than death.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah I have not seen a decrease in prices. They've been hovering well over $3 for months.

Also, I like having smart phones for the maps and rapid access via wifi, but I have yet to live in a place that actually delivers reliable LTE speeds, so for basically everything else I'm pretty indifferent. Sure, I can look up movie showtimes...give me like 8 minutes for the loving page to load a pixel per second despite 4 bars and LTE up top.

Edit: I stand corrected, local gas station has come down to $3.15 cash price. That's a 6 cent decrease in the past month.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Nov 22, 2018

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Seriously I just filled up with gas in Chicago at about 2.60/gallon. It was like 2.55 in Wisconsin

Edit: 2.69 at an oasis on 294

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Gas prices are not what I'd call cheap at all right now. Take solace in the fact that Donnie is as miserable over Thanksgiving as he is every other day of the year.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Gas is around $3.70-3.85 here, for regular.

Thanks Trump.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Seriously I just filled up with gas in Chicago at about 2.60/gallon. It was like 2.55 in Wisconsin

Edit: 2.69 at an oasis on 294

$2.31 in DuPage county.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

My fiancee's turbo conservative grandparents have a bumper sticker that reads "Gas was only $2.80 when Obama took office." That's the problem with time: it makes fools of us all.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Syrian Lannister posted:

My first smart phone was in 2012.

When I turned 40.

:corsair:

My first smart phone was a Galaxy S4. It was also my first phone. I was 30+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1065392693289910273?s=19

:lol: