Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Give him time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

MacheteZombie posted:

Imma have a baby girl y'all. Pretty loving excited.

Eyyy. My daughter's gonna be 2 in a couple months. The first couple months were probably the most emotionally and physically demanding part of my life, but it really starts paying off once she's sleeping better and able to like see you and smile because that makes her happy.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Skwirl posted:

Trump is doing his best to destroy every foundation of the concept of a democracy in America, but he also has at least half a million fewer dead Iraqis on his rap sheet than Bush.

So he'll have a long way to go to catch up to Bush's body count but I think we can include dead migrants/refugees and hate crime victims. And it's not like Trump wouldn't immediately start a war if he was handed a reason the way Bush was.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Yeah I think of Bush as a war crime of opportunity

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Maybe we just shouldn't elect Republicans?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Also I finally got my computer and after a lot of futzing I’m starting to understand Davinci Resolve. My thanksgiving got postponed so I’m planning on spending the day on a chronological recut of Pulp Fiction. Feels like an appropriate learning project.

Might try out the color grading too, I bet it would look neat in a nice high contrast black and white.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

Yeah I think of Bush as a war crime of opportunity

It really was. September 11th got everyone whipped up into a real jingoistic frenzy. He would have had a hard time selling his war against browns without it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

Eyyy. My daughter's gonna be 2 in a couple months. The first couple months were probably the most emotionally and physically demanding part of my life, but it really starts paying off once she's sleeping better and able to like see you and smile because that makes her happy.

I cant wait for these moments, but I am loving terrified of everything else.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MacheteZombie posted:

You will be missed, because if you have time for the forums after the birth you're probably doing something wrong.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Skwirl posted:

You will be missed, because if you have time for the forums after the birth you're probably doing something wrong.

New parents I’ve known tend to be up in the middle of the night for long stretches all the time, which is prime posting hours imho

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

So what’s the terrible YouTuber secret at the end of Wreck It 2?

Does Disney Shrek say the n-word and get demonetized?

Do they go to the supermassive black hole that is algorithm-created videos?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

New parents I’ve known tend to be up in the middle of the night for long stretches all the time, which is prime posting hours imho

The middle of the night is largely when I post, so I would say that's pretty much the worst time for posting.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah it's all profoundly hosed up. You ever hear of meconium? They don't tell you about meconium. Good news is it turns out you're way more adaptable than you're assuming and you'll adjust.

The part that I found the hardest emotionally was that you're just dumping all this attention and care and emotion into this thing and you will NOT get anything back for like months. It's loving tough. You know who my daughter first smiled at? Ceiling fans. All ceiling fans. Not even like on, just fans sitting there. She smiled at them for weeks before she even recognized that my wife or I exist.

That said she's recently learned how to give kisses and say "I love you." Last night she woke me up just because she wanted me to know she loves me. So that's pretty great.

Skwirl posted:

Newborns sleep like 16 hours a day, but they're up every 2-3 hours consistently. You've got a ton of downtime in little chunks basically all day long every day.

Last edit: right after my daughter was born one of my friends wanted to come by and see us and I was like "let me know what works for you and we'll be around." His response was something about how we should tell him when works for us. Bitch it could be 3am or noon it's all the same for us, don't ask me to schedule your loving life.

Baron von Eevl fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 22, 2018

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
Congrats Machete! (sorry for this being here i just recently caught up to the thread)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

Newborns sleep like 16 hours a day, but they're up every 2-3 hours consistently. You've got a ton of downtime in little chunks basically all day long every day.

Last edit: right after my daughter was born one of my friends wanted to come by and see us and I was like "let me know what works for you and we'll be around." His response was something about how we should tell him when works for us. Bitch it could be 3am or noon it's all the same for us, don't ask me to schedule your loving life.

This is a harsh way to find out all my friends with kids just didn't want to see me until the kid was old enough they'd trust me to babysit it while they had sex in a hotel.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Skwirl posted:

This is a harsh way to find out all my friends with kids just didn't want to see me until the kid was old enough they'd trust me to babysit it while they had sex in a hotel.

If it makes you feel any better they were probably just loving exhausted and hated the idea of being around humans in general because you don't loving have the energy for it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Name the baby General Chattington, or GenChat for short. Thread babby.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

What is the appropriate age to tell your baby about dickeye?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

axelblaze posted:

This will probably be first of many reminders to sign up for CineD Secret Santa if you can. tia

I will not be signing up, to the shock of everyone

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CPL593H posted:

What is the appropriate age to tell your baby about dickeye?

Mid thirties?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If we're still talking about men in Black will Smith's explanation that nypd stands for "I will knock your punkass down" is an incredible delivery

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

If we're still talking about men in Black will Smith's explanation that nypd stands for "I will knock your punkass down" is an incredible delivery

The "sugar in water" scene is one of my favorite scenes from any comedy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I have a soft spot for explanations of phrases that don't actually work. Big fan of Lori Petty in Tank Girl saying "I got two words for you, brush your teeth" too.

You know what happens when you make an assumption, you make an rear end out of you and umption.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Congrats, Machete. Nine, ten, never sleep again (for the next two years).

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also fuckin love the testing scene where J is the only one to drag a table over

The entire thing of him being the only one who can think outside of the predefined rules is handled so incredibly well, and the shooting range scene gts a lot of love for good reasons, but that testing scene that's played with no dialog until he drags the table is so good

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
"eight year old white girl, middle of the ghetto, middle of night, with some quantum physics books, she's about to start some poo poo"

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

With the treadmill and sneezing line, that whole breakdown is perfect.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You’re gonna go to Bloomingdales, get yourself a nice outfit, shoes. Oh and hire an interior decorator in here because...drat.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Double feature idea:

Being John Malkovich x Ocean's Twelve

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

bushisms.txt posted:

With the treadmill and sneezing line, that whole breakdown is perfect.

Everybody just delivers the absolute hell out of their lines in that whole sequence

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgO1LUijb0k

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

You really gotta wonder what kind of monkeys paw Barry Sonnenfeld wished on to have the career he's had.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

You really gotta wonder what kind of monkeys paw Barry Sonnenfeld wished on to have the career he's had.

I couldn't remember anything he directed other than MIB so I looked up his filmography and he was the DP on the first three Coen Bros movies and Misery. He also is the guy who made Wild Wild West.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Netflix’s A Series of Unfortunate Events owns

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Netflix’s A Series of Unfortunate Events owns

Having Snicket played by an American probably killed my ability to appreciate it, never mind the more active role of the VFD and their alive parents.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CPL593H posted:

I couldn't remember anything he directed other than MIB so I looked up his filmography and he was the DP on the first three Coen Bros movies and Misery. He also is the guy who made Wild Wild West.

Wild that the Addams Family movies are the highlight of his directorial career

E: not that they're bad, just that it's odd that a sitcom adaptation and its sequel are some of the first and best films he directed.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Nov 22, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CPL593H posted:

That's like finding out the lead audio engineer for "When Doves Cry" was also the lead singer in 3 Doors Down or something.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I Before E posted:

Wild that the Addams Family movies are the highlight of his directorial career

E: not that they're bad, just that it's odd that a sitcom adaptation and its sequel are some of the first and best films he directed.

Get Shorty is better than Jackie Brown.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I Before E posted:

Having Snicket played by an American probably killed my ability to appreciate it, never mind the more active role of the VFD and their alive parents.

Yeah no I'm tapping out after this post

The VFD and what they actually we're and what they actually did being so mysterious is like, the best part of the books! It's this massive central mystery that at the end of the day is utterly meaningless and is left unanswered and j love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

Get Shorty is better than Jackie Brown.

Out of Sight is better than both.