Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Didn't someone say that guy is trying to shill a MM mod or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If he is, I don't really see how that negates the mechanical changes he points out :shrug:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Youtube shilling for that video by leaving it on my recommended videos for weeks was what reminded me the game existed and led to me buying it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

cheetah7071 posted:

Youtube shilling for that video by leaving it on my recommended videos for weeks was what reminded me the game existed and led to me buying it

This except for Mariya Takeuchi albums

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

Haven't played the MM3D version but this video made it seem like there were just some really odd changes for the worse, largely mechanical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=653wuaP0wzs

Like, it doesn't seem to be a bad game at all by any means, just seems like some of the changes were... well, odd.

Ok this is a good explanation. The remake changes seem bad.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oh no, you're not suffering through the fall are you

the game with the wackiest zoom aim ever

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

fine thread, fine, I'll finally play the Majora's Mask remake

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

of course not

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

it feels like some legitimate but minor things that people kinda obsess over to the exclusion of the qol adds

Motto fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Nov 22, 2018

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

though the guy making a MM64 mod doesn't really prove anything besides being really into MM

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
majora mask is bad. possibly the worst zelda after train adventure zelda and twilight zelda

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

majora mask is bad. possibly the worst zelda after train adventure zelda and twilight zelda

Nice troll.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The fourth boss in Majora's Mask was originally a cake walk but it's actively bad in the remake.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Zelda talk always makes me feel like a piece of me is dead.

I loved Link to the Past.
I played the first two for a bit but bounced off them after about an hour
I put like 20 hours into Breath of the Wild and it felt like I was just going through the motions, none of the spark that others have felt

Link and Zelda are really boring as characters too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

@oddium I also instantly blew myself up on 1-1 of the weekly bc I didn't know what the Nuke Launcher + Crown of Death looked like

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Link is usually just sort of nobody but Zelda is basically a different character every game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ok

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Good news: I got off work early with a full night's pay

Bad news: it's because one of our bartenders had a seizure. She's gonna be fine but still :(

Time to get deep into a bottle of wine and DQ11

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I will probably also be drinking a bottle of wine because I opened a bottle of white when cooking today and I only have one stopper so my current bottle of red needs to go

precision posted:

Good news: I got off work early with a full night's pay

Bad news: it's because one of our bartenders had a seizure. She's gonna be fine but still :(

Time to get deep into a bottle of wine and DQ11

I know people who have seizures and I get especially sad when usually the first thing they worry about afterwards is that no one called an ambulance because of the expenses involved

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's the worst after BotW

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Link is usually just sort of nobody but Zelda is basically a different character every game

Link's got a surprising amount of personality in BotW. In a lot of places it feels like they started with "this is how the player is going to behave" and worked back from there and your mind then fills in the gaps.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I cook IRL the same way I craft gear in MHW.

"Let's see, if I want to make this I'm gonna need... some more tortillas, a meat of some kind, and an onion. Gotta swing by the store at some point during today's questing."

And then a bunch of sweaty dudes cheer as a delicious plate rolls by on the assembly line.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

oddium posted:

also the ornate day clock replaced with the minecraft xp bar

part of me thinks it was unavoidable due to the smaller screen real estate but another part thinks they could've just put some more effort into reworking the bottom screen to accommodate

anyway i still maintain that new twinmold is rad as hell and that the original fight was incredibly boring

Looper fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 22, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

It's the worst after BotW

Hurrrrr

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Played obra dinn. Very cool. Not gonna finish tho. The UI was confusing me too much. Glad i got to try it out though.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Fallout 76 climbed up from metacritic score 46 to 50... out of the red zone! It’s a Christmas miracle!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sometimes I get the weird idea in my head to play SF5, then I do a few ranked matches and because I'm trash and in the bottom ranks every match is unplayable lag hell and I get frustrated. Probably doesn't help that I'm also trying to use Falke, probably the worst character they've ever made.

Also for the love of god, capcom, don't make me sit through half a minute of post match screens and also tell me what my garbage win rate is. Fighting games should have the minimum possible time between matches.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

More like Fallout 50, amirite

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

They called the 77th fallout "fallout 5"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Played obra dinn. Very cool. Not gonna finish tho. The UI was confusing me too much. Glad i got to try it out though.

Obra Dinn looks like it is incredibly my poo poo and I look forward to buying it when it is on sale in like 3 years

Motto posted:

it feels like some legitimate but minor things that people kinda obsess over to the exclusion of the qol adds

Motto posted:

though the guy making a MM64 mod doesn't really prove anything besides being really into MM

Idk, I feel like that's discounting a lot of the mechanical changes that were made without accounting for how those mechanics played with the game itself, so changing something like momentum on the deku water hopping to zora swimming or changing up how ice arrows work ends up creating issues because they didn't always account for the environment's design.

Like, it doesn't seem to be a bad game by any means, but I feel like people can enjoy qol stuff while still also having legit grievances with other changes, minor or not.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

chumbler posted:

Sometimes I get the weird idea in my head to play SF5, then I do a few ranked matches and because I'm trash and in the bottom ranks every match is unplayable lag hell and I get frustrated. Probably doesn't help that I'm also trying to use Falke, probably the worst character they've ever made.

Also for the love of god, capcom, don't make me sit through half a minute of post match screens and also tell me what my garbage win rate is. Fighting games should have the minimum possible time between matches.

The game lags 1v1 local arcade because of how its coded, its a piece of poo poo top to bottom and theres 18 different FGs that are more fun that you could play instead

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Also ranked is the worst way to plays fgs online. Join a discord.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Does it have an offline mode?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Steve Yun posted:

Fallout 76 climbed up from metacritic score 46 to 50... out of the red zone! It’s a Christmas miracle!

A 5 from IGN and a 4 from Gamespot.

We really are entering the FORBIDDEN NUMBERS zone with 76 here.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Steve Yun posted:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

but fallout 64 wasn't even on the nintendo!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm starting a fan campaign to write positive reviews for fallout, who's with me? together we can make fallout 69 a reality

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

spent most of the day playing dirt and truck sims in vr and with a racing wheel, now thinking about putting a butt kicker on my chair... is this what old man gaming is like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Spider-cop exists now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK-Thuk14gI

• Locked thread