Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Gold edition just includes the dlc, purchasing that separately doesn't change the price significantly, you cost yourself a few bucks, or less if you ignore the weapon pack

Which DLC are the ones that are worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
Doom Eternal is coming to the switch. Hopefully this means it'll launch with motion aiming as well.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

THE loving MOON posted:

I hope Doom Eternal's Switch port launches at the same time as all the other versions, because that's the version I'll be getting no matter what.
No word on Doom Eternal's release date on any platform yet, but the Switch port is being done at the same time as the game itself instead of being an after-the-fact thing.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1065417111349145600

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Just got to paragon leveling in Diablo 3. Anybody play on switch and wanna do some runs? My tag is my username here.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Did Dead Cells fix it's frame rate issues yet?

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Is there a major advantage to getting the deluxe digital version of Starlink, or is the normal digital edition fine? I see the deluxe one has more ships/pilots, but I also see people saying they just use the arwing the whole game.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Odd Mutant posted:

They patched it once so you can run at 30 FPS locked with no stutter. A real 'fix' to 60 fps is still yet to come (but they say they're working on it)

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

NickRoweFillea posted:

Just got to paragon leveling in Diablo 3. Anybody play on switch and wanna do some runs? My tag is my username here.

Join the D3 channel in the Nintengoons discord.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Kins posted:

No word on Doom Eternal's release date on any platform yet, but the Switch port is being done at the same time as the game itself instead of being an after-the-fact thing.

They hosed up by making 8-bit Mario's overalls blue

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

costumes and things are great but i want more MOONz i've had enough balloon world to last me a lifetime

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Odd Mutant posted:

Having played it on a friend's Switch the framerate issues are barely noticeable, and I've been playing this game since it came out on early access.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

oh my god I can't believe how happy I am to play doom 2016 and beat it for the forth time.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is The World Ends With You: Final Remix worth it?

I have mixed feelings on it. It's TWEWY so it is a good game by that merit but the controls in TV mode take some getting used to and you have to mash the recenter button all the drat time and the new story content is genuinely loving terrible. The writing for it somehow worse than what you'd see in a teenagers fanfic and it ends on a generally abysmal cliffhanger that will probably never get resolved.

Play it for the base game if you do get it.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Feenix posted:

Would you (or someone else feeling good about their settings) mind telling me what you found as “dialed in” for settings for controls in Warframe?

I practically play 100% in portable mode so keep that in mind. I basically threw the sensitivity down to 13, 11 for aiming with motion aiming turned down to like 3. I personally find that it's hard to aim with joycons precisely so I always turn sensitivity down in shooters. This makes it so small adjustments are super easy by combining small joystick adjustments with motion aiming.

YMMV of course but in games like Warframe where headshots can increase damage appreciably I like to be precise.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Any other Warframe players getting a “Login failed. Check your info” error? Is there a fix for this?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Harlock posted:

They patched it once so you can run at 30 FPS locked with no stutter. A real 'fix' to 60 fps is still yet to come (but they say they're working on it)

I still don’t love how it runs. So I’m waiting for that next patch...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Protocol7 posted:

I practically play 100% in portable mode so keep that in mind. I basically threw the sensitivity down to 13, 11 for aiming with motion aiming turned down to like 3. I personally find that it's hard to aim with joycons precisely so I always turn sensitivity down in shooters. This makes it so small adjustments are super easy by combining small joystick adjustments with motion aiming.

YMMV of course but in games like Warframe where headshots can increase damage appreciably I like to be precise.

This is good advice.

My advice is always play the most absurd AOE build possible because this is a hoard shooter and precision is overrated.

Actually precision can be very helpful to burn down some bosses in one cycle but it's not something you need to be concerned with for normal play.

No one uses the sniper rifles aside from XP fodder. The game is just way too fast to make them viable.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The Kins posted:

Nice! I'm glad they did that 8000 coin bonus for the anniversary, hopefully I won't have to grind coins too long to get these.

Also thanks thread for the heads up on the Switch sale. I'm definitely grabbing Shantae and Steamworld Dig 2. Metroidvaniaaaaaaaas

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Doom motion aiming loving sucks and I’m going to try and refund it. Unplayable garbage.

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

Bottom Liner posted:

Doom motion aiming loving sucks and I’m going to try and refund it. Unplayable garbage.

Extremely wrong

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I mean I haven’t played a console shooter since Halo 2 but yikes. Game looks amazing but sticks suck and the motion controls are a pseudo hybrid where you still have to use dual sticks for broad movement and the motion for finer aiming and ugh

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sounds like Splatoon. i guess if you hadn't played that it would be a definite adjustment.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Bottom Liner posted:

I mean I haven’t played a console shooter since Halo 2 but yikes. Game looks amazing but sticks suck and the motion controls are a pseudo hybrid where you still have to use dual sticks for broad movement and the motion for finer aiming and ugh

What were you expecting? Just straight pointer? Gyro + joystick is the best thing on console. Use the stick to adjust and change the sensitivity as needed

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My GF and I were talking about Ocarina of Time being 20 years old. She never played it but said she played Crash Bandicoot a ton as a kid.

I took a moment to buy the N'Sane Trilogy through my phone while we were playing Mario Kart.

For all her boasting about being a Crash master, she can't get past the first level, hahhahahaha.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

My GF and I were talking about Ocarina of Time being 20 years old. She never played it but said she played Crash Bandicoot a ton as a kid.

I took a moment to buy the N'Sane Trilogy through my phone while we were playing Mario Kart.

For all her boasting about being a Crash master, she can't get past the first level, hahhahahaha.

The physics in the first game aren't done right, maybe it's throwing her off.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

What were you expecting? Just straight pointer? Gyro + joystick is the best thing on console. Use the stick to adjust and change the sensitivity as needed

I don’t know, people were raving about it and I tried adjusting things for an hour and could never get it to feel right.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Using hybrid sticks plus motion aiming is way, way better than using sticks alone. Not quite as good as using a mouse, but very decent. That being said, it's a skill that takes practice even if you're already good on sticks. If you haven't used sticks since the Halo 2 era then you're basically combining two control types that you have no FPS practice on so no wonder it feels clumsy. It will take much longer than an hour to get proficient but once you are you can pull of strings of headshots effortlessly.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Wait... There's a Valkyrie Chronicles 4... And it's on sale?!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Bottom Liner posted:

I don’t know, people were raving about it and I tried adjusting things for an hour and could never get it to feel right.

I think you're misunderstanding how "motion aiming" works in consoles.

You play it like a normal fps without motion aiming, and only use gyro as the last bit of fine tuning to line up head shots or precise shots etc. It's not 100 percent gyro.

That would be awful and unfun. The current implementation is absolute genius imo, its literally console fps gameplay that managed to solve the "sticks aren't precise enough" dilemna. It's no mouse and keyboard but it works great once you adjust and find a setting that works for you

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Odd Mutant posted:

VC4 is also actually good. Every step in the leadup to its release has been the team repeatedly saying "It's just like the original, we promise, it's not another Valkyria Chronicles 2".

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Bottom Liner posted:

That is in fact how you are supposed to use motion controls. Sure they're no mouse and keyboard, but it's a huge step up from just sticks. Allows for a greater sense of fine tuning in console shooters.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

VC4 is also actually good. Every step in the leadup to its release has been the team repeatedly saying "It's just like the original, we promise, it's not another Valkyria Chronicles 2".

What did VC2 (and possibly 3?) do to gently caress it up?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1065516332114792448?s=21
Killer deals on memory cards.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mister Facetious posted:

What did VC2 (and possibly 3?) do to gently caress it up?

VC2 fell down the bad anime cliche tree and hit every branch on the way down before landing on its head. The squads are also reduced to six instead of ten, there's no perma-death, and levelling units (not classes as a whole) is done via obtaining medals. Medals are earned by esoteric combat situations you will never find yourself in unless you actively force them to occur, and you'd need to do that for every individual unit.

It is an atrociously-bad game, and should be avoided at all costs.

VC3's actually not bad per-se, it's just stuck on the PSP with its limitations (six-man squads, small maps). Like VC4 it's also set at the same time as the original but on a different front of the war.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
I bought Dead Cells and it's fun. It's fast-paced and I keep dying. There are some frame drops, but I can work with it for now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Odd Mutant posted:

There is also a demo to check it out ahead of time

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Goddamn, the 256gb card is only $5 more than what I spent on a 128gb one earlier this year.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren::australia::boonie: Heads up Ausgoons for the Amazon Flash Sales :boonie::australia::siren:
(Go back to these links at the respective times for CHEAP sales)

7am
- Switch /w Grey Joycons currently $389
- Switch /w Red+Blue Joycons currently $389

9am
- Pro Controller currently $80
- Mario Odyssey currently $64

5:40pm
- Kirby Star Allies currently $58

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

:siren::australia::boonie: Heads up Ausgoons for the Amazon Flash Sales :boonie::australia::siren:
(Go back to these links at the respective times for CHEAP sales)

7am
- Switch /w Grey Joycons currently $389
- Switch /w Red+Blue Joycons currently $389

9am
- Pro Controller currently $80
- Mario Odyssey currently $64

5:40pm
- Kirby Star Allies currently $58

You got a schedule for all of them somewhere?

On a side-note, EB Games' big BLACK FRIDAY SUPER SALE, GET IN AT MIDNIGHT FOR DEALS hype has amounted to... a small selection of games, all priced higher than literally every other Black Friday build-up sale that's been running for the past week. It is laughably sad.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Go to Amazon Australia's front page -> Black Friday Sale -> Filter by Video Games

Yeah EBGames selection is crap. Diablo 3 is nice at $57, but you could get it for $2 cheaper for a few weeks by price matching.

Fingers crossed they need to release more discounts