Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The Bananana posted:

Glitch warning or reminder:

Do not try to view Assignments while dying, or while selecting a spawn point.

It will cause you to develop astigmatism, and no longer be able to make any input.

Have to restart the game.

This happens on PC but if you are looking at them in between rounds. If you look at assignments when the round start you will need to ALT+F4 because :dice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Hey I’m looking to join up with some groups to dig trenches and throw sand bags on xbox

Name is HiImCoryLetsJO

Also ammo/medic crates require people to interact with them correct? Ive all but given up on those and run pouches.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Weebly posted:

Hey I’m looking to join up with some groups to dig trenches and throw sand bags on xbox

Name is HiImCoryLetsJO

Also ammo/medic crates require people to interact with them correct? Ive all but given up on those and run pouches.

Yeah people seem to not notice them. I like running supply crates when I'm on a mic with someone since you can resupply gadgets with those.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Why would they change ammo/health crates to make you have to interact with them? :dice:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Is the Garand really not in the game? Seems like a weird oversight

RCarr posted:

Why would they change ammo/health crates to make you have to interact with them? :dice:

Because there is a decent cooldown on using them and you don't want to accidentally pick up a single bullet and lock you out from using it for real.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

CuddleCryptid posted:

Because there is a decent cooldown on using them and you don't want to accidentally pick up a single bullet and lock you out from using it for real.

So instead no one will ever use them.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

RCarr posted:

So instead no one will ever use them.

I guess if you don't like shooting guns or being alive in this shoot man game

"I have to press a button to instantly refill everything rather than squatting by a box for 15 seconds while it slowly refills" is a weird complaint.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Pouches for life. It goes farther than the box, allowing me to throw it at clueless pubbies. Lets face it, clueless pubbies make up 80% of the server.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Pouches have like hit scans too. So even if they're running away behind a corner as long as you started the animation to throw to them when you see them, you'll resupply them.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

A core component of battlefield support/medic play is shoveling health and ammo down your oblivious teammates’ throats, and the new crates unfortunately don’t really help all that much with this

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Any time I encounter a group of pubbies all bunched up, you better believe I am spamming that ammo/health pouch.

Using the bags is just leaving points on the table.

And to echo the poster above me:

Yeah you can throw the pouch as they are running away from you and still get points.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

CuddleCryptid posted:

I guess if you don't like shooting guns or being alive in this shoot man game

"I have to press a button to instantly refill everything rather than squatting by a box for 15 seconds while it slowly refills" is a weird complaint.

You say this as if more than 10% of the player base will ever understand it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Ineffiable posted:

Pouches have like hit scans too. So even if they're running away behind a corner as long as you started the animation to throw to them when you see them, you'll resupply them.

Which leads to funny situations where you resupply a teammate by chucking a bag of ammo into a gutter six feet away from them

Gomiboy
Dec 24, 2003

Correction to the GT google doc: RapapaiMeBrudda

No “h” at the end

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

CuddleCryptid posted:

Is the Garand really not in the game? Seems like a weird oversight

It’s not an oversight, it’ll come later as Tides of War content (presumably whenever the American chapter releases).

e:Not that it matters much, between the low TTK and strong aim assist in this game you’re an idiot if you’re not using full-auto weapons.

Noctone fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 21, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I really want an Eastern front map pack. Give me 5 square blocks of destroyed soviet apartments.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Noctone posted:

It’s not an oversight, it’ll come later as Tides of War content (presumably whenever the American chapter releases).

e:Not that it matters much, between the low TTK and strong aim assist in this game you’re an idiot if you’re not using full-auto weapons.

Oh don't get me wrong, I would never use the thing since this is my first console battlefield game and my aim is somewhere around that of a blind, drunk horse. It just seemed weird. Makes sense with Tides though

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Noctone posted:

Not that it matters much, between the low TTK and strong aim assist in this game you’re an idiot if you’re not using full-auto weapons.

Gewehr 43 rips faces for the assault class.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Game good?

I’ll probably end up getting this soon.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Game good?

I’ll probably end up getting this soon.

Its bf1 but better.

There's little things to nit pick but overall it's fun. Also it's not fair to compare the game now to bf1 with all the dlc, we have to remember they have months of planned free content coming.

Come on. Butt clan needs its general.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is there some trick to getting special assignments beyond the initial assignment for each class? all i'm getting is dailies

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Will there be a Pacific theater?

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
I agree it's like bf1 but better. I like the differences between vehicles and grenades more now. Game is definitely buggy as hell right now though, so stay away if that bothers you

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

A Typical Goon posted:

I agree it's like bf1 but better. I like the differences between vehicles and grenades more now. Game is definitely buggy as hell right now though, so stay away if that bothers you

To be fair, bf4 and (to a lesser extent bf1) were buggy or unstable servers on release. It's what you have to expect from a dice release and it works out in the end.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Reminder in bf1 all the way up to the end you could not customize a vehicle out of a game. Also initially you could not customize soldiers out of the game. So bfv is ahead in that regard.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

hmmm this assignment I have is to either get 12 MG38 kills OR get 30 MG38 kills in one round :thunk:

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

I am liking it quite a bit but i feel like I’m one of the weird ones that loved bf1 and I feel like it’s missing something that bf1 had from the very beginning. Can’t really put my finger on it but maybe it just hasn’t clicked with me yet.

Also am I crazy or is it a graphical downgrade? I am on the base PS4 so maybe it’s better on the pro

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ZeusCannon posted:

Reminder in bf1 all the way up to the end you could not customize a vehicle out of a game. Also initially you could not customize soldiers out of the game. So bfv is ahead in that regard.

you can quit between matches now too

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Rorobb posted:

Also am I crazy or is it a graphical downgrade? I am on the base PS4 so maybe it’s better on the pro

I feel the same way on a launch Xbox One console.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

fartknocker posted:

I feel the same way on a launch Xbox One console.

I feel the same on the X. It’s not quite as crisp as BF1.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Game Looks great but the beta had fewer bugs. This is what they have to show for pushing the launch back a month? How many people do they have working on things that aren't graphics?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

sunday at work posted:

Game Looks great but the beta had fewer bugs. This is what they have to show for pushing the launch back a month? How many people do they have working on things that aren't graphics?

My name’s Johnny Diceville, and welcome to Electronic Arts.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

hmmm this assignment I have is to either get 12 MG38 kills OR get 30 MG38 kills in one round :thunk:

LOL you sure you didn't misread it or it's just messed up? Most weapons are get 12 kills in one round or 30 kills overall.

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Just learned that the PIAT works like a mortar - open up the minimap to see where it will land

Ineffiable posted:

LOL you sure you didn't misread it or it's just messed up? Most weapons are get 12 kills in one round or 30 kills overall.

I've seen some that are bugged like that. 10 kills in a round or 20 kills in a life type bugs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

bug chaser chaser posted:

I've seen some that are bugged like that. 10 kills in a round or 20 kills in a life type bugs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also supposedly you can complete weapon assignments that require kills in singleplayer which sounds perfectly like DICE!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Improve your ability to idetify targets and read the UI in one easy step! Sit closer to the TV :corsair:

The engagement distances seem different in this game compared to BF1, even though they really aren't. I feel like it's at least partially due to it being much more colorful, meaning people actually blend in rather than being brown coats on black mud and you can get a lot closer. No spotting is obviously huge too.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The assignments are bugged as hell. I went like 30-4 in a round of Conquest using only one gun and didn’t unlock “get 10 kills in a round” with that gun.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"
If anyone on XBox wants to add me that would be great. I have pretty much been playing medic since release and I will rez the poo poo out of you if you help me gold plate the last of my SMGs! :dance:

GT: LandingSupport

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Beastie posted:

I feel the same on the X. It’s not quite as crisp as BF1.

I think the difference is the amount of fluff on screen. Arras is a perfect example because the amount of foliage on the map is exponentially more than the equivalent BF1 map. St. Quentin or Monte Grappa feature relatively barren grass fields where BFV has a ton of shrubs and flowers. I think BFV looks much better compared to BF1 but it was easier to pick people out farther away than in BFV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Panda
Nov 15, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It’s weird that I never hear people communicating on PS4. I hear people all the time in cod blops 4. Add me at bandit manatee if you want a squad buddy