Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Hell yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

:bisonyes:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

https://twitter.com/TheeKaylaMarie/status/1065242303906893825?s=19

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Best part was that it was the dude's third try

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

MizPiz posted:

Best part was that it was the dude's third try

The Sentinelese must always be wary of religious extremists illegally entering their territory. The zealots are trying to contaminate Traditional Sentineli Values with their barbaric, radical views and disgusting foreign practices. Let's build them a wall of random segments of haphazardly set up concertina wire and vigorously excoriate the Missionary Menace in our press releases! MAIGA! Make the Andaman Islands Great Again!

Also they probably have no immunities to most modern world-spanning diseases and wiping the remaining few hundred(?) of them out by accident is pretty possible. Please send no more Jesusmen over, Mr. Jesus.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oldpainless posted:

Absolutely terrible

same

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Zipperelli. posted:

Wow, holy wong thread Batman. Move along.

We... have a wong thread? Link plz

bike tory posted:

I fuckin love that frog and it's even though I always get hit with it until Thursday due to timezones

Never fails to cheer me immediately

I'll keep you in mind next Tuesday friend!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Just dump this poo poo in my veins until my refrigerator starts trying to attack me.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
"Prescriptivist" just entered my shortlist of favorite invectives, just in between "reprobate" and "vapist".

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ThaGhettoJew posted:

The Sentinelese must always be wary of religious extremists illegally entering their territory. The zealots are trying to contaminate Traditional Sentineli Values with their barbaric, radical views and disgusting foreign practices. Let's build them a wall of random segments of haphazardly set up concertina wire and vigorously excoriate the Missionary Menace in our press releases! MAIGA! Make the Andaman Islands Great Again!

Also they probably have no immunities to most modern world-spanning diseases and wiping the remaining few hundred(?) of them out by accident is pretty possible. Please send no more Jesusmen over, Mr. Jesus.

If there are only like 200 of them left and they are completely isolated from everyone else, they'll die out in several generations due to inbreeding. RIP.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Consider that at some point there was only 200 humans. How do you like that huh?????

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Paladinus posted:

If there are only like 200 of them left and they are completely isolated from everyone else, they'll die out in several generations due to inbreeding. RIP.

They used to have contact with other islands and people

But their first interaction with the English saw an entire family of theirs kidnapped, dead from disease, and the sole survivor of that returning to warn them of this kind of thing.

Theyve been fully isolated and actively hostile since.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

Consider that at some point there was only 200 humans. How do you like that huh?????

Nah that's almost certainly not true because it's not like a single being or a group just became different and human overnight. Wherever you draw the arbitrary line or date, it's more likely it was like thousands or tens of thousands of

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

bike tory posted:

Nah that's almost certainly not true because it's not like a single being or a group just became different and human overnight. Wherever you draw the arbitrary line or date, it's more likely it was like thousands or tens of thousands of

I think that's referring to a genetic bottleneck

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

syscall girl posted:

I think that's referring to a genetic bottleneck

Yeah, there was a volcano or something, and early Homo sapiens about died out

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All the other great apes have much more genetic diversity than humans do.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

If only Jesus could have sent you multiple signs not to gently caress with them.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

bike tory posted:

Yes yes yes that's obviously correct, but also way less stupid than what I was saying so there!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

ComfyPants posted:

If only Jesus could have sent you multiple signs not to gently caress with them.

If Jesus himself had come to him and told him to 'gently caress off already', he'd try to bribe the Lord just like he bribed the local fishermen.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

American owned by Castle doctrine.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Is there a meme in there?

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

rodbeard posted:

Brotherloss.jpg

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rodbeard posted:

stdh.txt

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Karate Bastard posted:

During Marine Isotope Stage 6, about 150,000 years ago, the total number of humans was estimated to be down to just a few hundred.

Randaconda posted:

Yeah, there was a volcano or something, and early Homo sapiens about died out

The Toba super-eruption blew apart Sumatra, but it's heavily disputed that it nearly wiped out humanity.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 14:13 on Nov 22, 2018

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I see we have all forgotten the good book where Adam and Eve came first and had only sons. :goofy:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Megillah Gorilla posted:

During Marine Isotope Stage 6, about 150,000 years ago, the total number of humans was estimated to be down to just a few hundred.

The Toba super-eruption blew apart Sumatra, but it's heavily disputed that it nearly wiped out humanity.

I thought the lowest they had verified was only about 3000 humans?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The population before the period was still only in the tens of thousands but all I can find suggests it dropped very low.

I suppose it depends on how alarmist your sources are.

EDIT: gently caress the forums automatically parsing (read: loving up) my urls.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Go into the light, little friend. :unsmith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aw, I thought it still had legs. :smithcloud:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

I appreciate this, thanks.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I used to be a missionary like you, until I took an arrow to the knee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

They used to have contact with other islands and people

But their first interaction with the English saw an entire family of theirs kidnapped, dead from disease, and the sole survivor of that returning to warn them of this kind of thing.

Theyve been fully isolated and actively hostile since.

Haven't read past this but the legends/cautionary tales of this are probably loving amazing