Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
https://twitter.com/ghostwhovotes/status/1065546354833842176?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

mbisonyesyes.gif

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Aesculus posted:

Apologies, I had to go look back through the 2017 threads and apparently I had you mixed up with someone else with the same av. loving ponytars :doh:

Lord knows I didn't give it to myself. But the dilemma of being too cheap to change it.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Hahahah they spent literally all their money on this campaign too to the point where they had to sell their headquarters

But but but the African gangs!!!!!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

monkeu posted:

Hahahah they spent literally all their money on this campaign too to the point where they had to sell their headquarters

But but but the African gangs!!!!!

They should have used their LNP financial wizard brains to wait out another four years and challenge a two term government with the returns from ten easy steps to maker a lot of money on the stock market!!!!

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

It turns out running an organisation designed entirely to transfer money from the poor to the rich is unsustainable in the long run since the rich just embezzle and hoard it and the poor run out of money to steal, what a surprise!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

My 2c on the Greens rapper is that Men as a class need to be exterminated.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

AgentF posted:

Lord knows I didn't give it to myself. But the dilemma of being too cheap to change it.

You just have to trigger the mystery benefactor somehow, no idea what I did to get my pony replaced.

I am most definitely too cheap to change my avatar, I don't think I even paid for the plat on this account.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
https://twitter.com/ghostwhovotes/status/1065554759552163842?s=21

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Capitalism is great until you run out of poor people's money.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Inner Melbourne hipsters scuttling home to father.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Capitalism is great until you run out of poor people's money.

This is very good and I'm definitely stealing it, like any good capitalist would.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

hooman posted:

This is very good and I'm definitely stealing it, like any good capitalist would.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

Inner Melbourne hipsters scuttling home to father.

Tree Tories had enough of their poo poo

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

hooman posted:

the true element of realism here is that JBP stole it as well

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I made it up but I'm sure I made it up in the way Robin Williams made things up.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Is Tree Tories another term for Blue Greens?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

hooman posted:

:emptyquote:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

GotLag posted:

Bang on

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

gently caress I really want a copy of this newspaper now. Hopefully they hand them out at stations tomorrow as well.

Another ad from it:

:pusheen:

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
https://twitter.com/ghostwhovotes/status/1065568011887632385?s=21

LMAOOOOOOOO

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

GotLag posted:

I prefer the term "Blue-Greens" because it implies they are toxic scum

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The best thing about the Epstein show with the nutcase Indies was when he asked them if they'd rather have a beer or coffee with Dan or Matt they'd um and ah then eventually concede it would be much more pleasant spending time chatting to Dan Andrews.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/politics/vic-politics/2018-victoria-election-party-of-premier-1704465

:captainpop:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
There's some solid avatar material right there.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Amazing.

Love the footy one, that would resonate with the populace, should be on billboards.

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
It still wasn't quite enough to get preferenced above the Greens, but I don't think I've ever felt so satisfied giving labour my second preference. It really is amazing how much good stuff Dandrews seems to be pushing. Looking forward to a lobsterstomping.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
MX is back baby.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Sparticle posted:

I prefer the term "Blue-Greens" because it implies they are toxic scum

Eh, better Blue-Greens than just Blue. Even if their reasons might be dumb, some of their preferences will still flow on to Labor before the Coalition.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
That assumes they settle for being mere voters.

I remember one from a branch I used to live near, who breezily told me that Italians were barely-literate savages (she had a second home there) and couldn't understand why poors complained about high energy prices, I mean why don't they just move to a more efficient house?

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Who was talking itt about having a list of bulk billing therapists / psychiatrists in Brisbane? Serrath?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

AgentF posted:

Eh, better Blue-Greens than just Blue. Even if their reasons might be dumb, some of their preferences will still flow on to Labor before the Coalition.

Unfortunately many/enough of them are active enough party members to infest the place and turn the party towards them even harder

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Unfortunately many/enough of them are active enough party members to infest the place and turn the party towards them even harder

Yes, the one I knew was a very active member of that branch.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The MP for Kingston Amanda Rishworth was at my bowls club tonight, where she played as a fill in, and her team had a draw. Thought people might want to know.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Legit question for greens machinists, how come they don't have a 50% quota? Or do they and it isn't filled? I just read a thing showing the greens male/female ratio and it was worse than I expected.

I actually expected more female candidates than male for some reason.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Latham’s announced the ON policy on ending discrimination (against white men). The website also has a bunch of blah blah blah about how “safe spaces” are the same as apartheid and Asian parents don’t want their kids to be lawyers and other logic behind their decisions. All neatly wrapped up in a veneer of “we want to stop discrimination against everyone” but without any examples of how this would benefit anyone other than white, Christian men (not that we are surprised).

quote:

One Nation Policy

We will broaden and modernise the role of the Anti-Discrimination Board by ensuring it protects the rights of all NSW residents from censorship and discrimination, not just selected ‘minorities’. We want the ABD to be a body that unites people, rather than dividing them on identity grounds. It needs to bring people together, to play a role in rebuilding community harmony and cohesiveness. We need to restore the principles of merit and equal opportunity in NSW.

Under One Nation policy, the ABD will be overhauled so that it exercises 10 key powers and functions:

Building social capital and promoting stronger communities in NSW, across racial, gender, sexuality and religious boundaries.

Running community seminars and workplace training programs explaining the divisiveness of identity politics and the wrongness of concepts such as ‘unconscious bias’ and ‘cultural appropriation’.

Outlawing practices that prevent another person’s legitimate economic, political or community participation in society. This would include restrictions on freedom and any treatment of an individual other than on merit. It would also include words and/or actions that incite violence against others, irrespective of the motivation of those words and/or actions.

Creating universal rights of freedom of speech, association and religious belief, consistent with the values and principles of Western civilisation. People should be able to exercise these basic freedoms in society, so long as they do not cause harm to others. In particular, free speech laws are urgently needed on NSW university campuses, where the principles of open debate, disagreement and academic inquiry are under siege.

Getting the balance right in new laws covering freedom of religious belief. People of faith must have the freedom to refuse to participate in state-sanctioned events and activities they believe to be morally wrong. They must also be protected from censorship and discrimination on the basis of their faith. The new protections should not be used as a way of authorising behaviour inconsistent with the values and practices of Western civilisation.

Creating a new criminal offence in NSW for any practice that segregates people away from each other in public places, according to the race, gender, sexuality and religion of participants (in a manner inconsistent with the values of Western civilisation). This would not, for instance, affect private commercial ventures such as female-only gyms. But it would affect public institutions, such as university ‘safe spaces’ and segregated municipal swimming pools. We must bring people together, with the toughest possible laws against identity-based public segregation.

Similarly, employment/recruitment policies and practices operating other than on merit will be outlawed (in both the NSW public and private sectors). That is, employment quotas, positive discrimination programs and so-called ‘targets with teeth’ (quasi-quotas) will be illegal (as will the new corporate practice of paying executives bonuses for achieving KPIs based on employment discrimination). Special exemptions shall be used for legitimate purposes only (consistent with community standards), rather than a backdoor way of legalising discrimination against ‘majority’ groups. The best person for the job must get the job – the only way in which a fair society can function. We will ensure all NSW workers have equal opportunities in progressing their careers.

One Nation is also concerned about the rise of discriminatory quotas in other institutions. Encouraging ability and fairness is particularly important in the education system – teaching young people the benefits of meritocracy. In the selection of representative teams (such as in debating) identity quotas will be abolished in NSW schools and universities.

Any form of racism, against any skin colour is wrong. The reformed ADB will ensure that laws and processes punishing racism also cover the recent, regrettable rise of anti-white racism. There is nothing worse in public debate than a fixation with race – on black, white or any other skin colour. Under our human rights framework, racism of all kinds will be treated harshly.

In ADB cases where conciliation between the parties has broken down, referrals to the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal and appeals to higher courts will still be permissible. But under the reformed body, the ADB’s jurisdiction will not extend to residents of other States and Territories; and vexatious and serial complaints will not be allowed.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

University safe spaces are generally loving stupid and are responsible for fueling the growth of destructive brain worms in US colleges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Are University safe spaces where the too woke to live white people are coming from?