Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good to know, extra flame ammo to equip when trolling fighting game players by calling it "The Special Section", "special needs group" etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's like every Christmas special, they get all the old cast to come back, they sell lots of toys, someone references the Grinch, and a bunch of people get hurt in ways that would realistically kill them

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

What A Good Dang Voice

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Somebody say S.P.E.C.I.A.L.?

*Pip Boy explodes Mr. Game n Watch's rear end apart, pings a Bottle Cap off Mario's nose, then nukes Final Destination*

Lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*Pip Boy explodes Mr. Game n Watch's rear end apart, pings a Bottle Cap off Mario's nose, then nukes Final Destination*

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I just watched that video and one of the spirits is the car from Stunt Race FX

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I just watched that video and one of the spirits is the car from Stunt Race FX

That game blew my mind as a kid.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

American McGay posted:

Melee was Ultimate in JP.

Melee was Deluxe, or just DX

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

this is epic

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kirby DLC Wave 3 is including a harder boss rush...Thank you Nintendo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
is it not a full EX mode?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

is it not a full EX mode?

There's a new EX mode along with the new characters too. It's a massive update

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

apparently they added more unique stuff to bandana dee’s move set and some of the other ones. Thank you Nintendo

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

3ds imps: is the 3d effect worth the extra 50 bucks over just getting a 2dsxl?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tales of Woe posted:

It’s cool but I almost always leave it off because it gives me a headache.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

I never use 3D but I have a first gen and in newer ones it’s better. If I replace mine I’ll just get a 2ds

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I love the 3D. It makes me feel like I am living in the future. Everyone seems to turn it off though.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i never use the 3d

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really like the way text looks in 3D

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
3D ftw

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

mycophobia posted:

i never use the 3d

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The 3D is really good for a few games like all the Kirby games and Kid Icarus Uprising but I usually have it off anyway.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

2 dimensions is better, here in my boulder hut.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
3D is really great in the few games that use it well. Shovel Knight for instance looks amazing and as someone who owns it on 4 different platforms it really is an experience unlike anything else.

That said the purple 2DS is pretty bad rear end looking and if I could save some cash id probably get that.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tales of Woe posted:

it was really good on the new 3ds with the headtracking. goodbye

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

I love the 3D. It makes me feel like I am living in the future. Everyone seems to turn it off though.

this .. you guys wont know what youve got til its gone. big fan of 3d here

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/super-smash-bros-ultimate-release-date-broken-internationally-1951951

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

American McGay posted:

3D is really great in the few games that use it well. Shovel Knight for instance looks amazing and as someone who owns it on 4 different platforms it really is an experience unlike anything else.

That said the purple 2DS is pretty bad rear end looking and if I could save some cash id probably get that.

yeah i like the aesthetics of the black&teal 2DSXL more than any 3DS which is the main point in its favor besides price

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I love the 3D and always have it on. Any 3D glasses give me a headache, but the New 3DS is great

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
the main problem with 3d is it can cause fps drops for example in kirby robobot where the 3d is also really good fuuu

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Spoderman posted:

I love the 3D and always have it on. Any 3D glasses give me a headache, but the New 3DS is great

I never had it on with the old 3ds and never turn it off on the new3ds

The only disappointing thing is how few games have "pop out" 3d. The only ones I can think of were a couple of the sega 3d classics. Did any other games do it? I have no idea why they made it so uncommon

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i freaking lov espace harrier 3d

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fantasy Life has my favorite 3D of any game I've played on the 3DS.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

It works really well on the Starfox 64 remake too

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Zas posted:

i freaking lov espace harrier 3d

All the 3D classics are awesome. OutRun ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the frog is approaching the treasure chest.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I got the 2DS and I didn't realize how much I would miss 3D

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Samus Returns looks loving awesome in 3D, like each room is a lil diorama/shadowbox. Like everyone else said, I leave it off for most games but nearly all of the first party Nintendo stuff is great in 3D. I'd say it's worth it

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
use max 3d unless your a freakin noob, if your eyes hurt its probally from playing with the slider nonstop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the og 3ds hurt my eyes but the new 3ds effect is a lot better and comfier, I had it on all the time. looks sick in monhun and any first party stuff