Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I forgot that subduing the detective in Sapienza is basically impossible if that lady is in the tunnel he goes through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I did a genocide run on Sgail just for yucks and godDAMN is that a much larger level than I first thought, with all kinds of crazy poo poo to mess with.

Some of you got attacked by knights in armor during your mass murder runs but I never saw them. Do you have to dress in armor first to get them to show up?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Aw. Even after completing that mission challenge I still don't get Mission Mastery for the Icon. That's a bummer. I'm hoping it's a glitch or something because I hope it's not aking me to complete all Mission Stories for Sapienza total.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Funky Valentine posted:

I forgot that subduing the detective in Sapienza is basically impossible if that lady is in the tunnel he goes through.

He goes to take a piss before he meets up the the target, easy enough to subdue him in the toilet

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Xanderkish posted:

Man, I just cannot get rid of Dino Bosco in a gas lamp explosion by the autograph place. Not sure what I'm missing! Maybe I need to take out everyone who could theoretically turn the generator back on.

I just dropped a micro-explosive by the gaslamp when I did that, since I wasn't entirely sure how to get the explosion to trigger on it's own without me shooting it.
(I was expecting him to start smoking, considering the huge, filled up ashtray that's on the table, but no luck there.)

Also aw, I did Sapienza ( 106,000 xp for completing most of the things in one go, though with way too many loads. ), and I was kind of annoyed at some of the challenges.

The 'blow him up with a fireplace explosion' didn't work, even when I blew up the both of them at the same time, and when I tried it in his room. I guess it's specifically the one by the pool?

And the lady + golf dude has to be in a normal closet(Possibly even specifically the one in her bathroom.), not the container in her room. Which is a pity because I accidentally shoved a guy into the nearest closet a good while early, and wasn't super keen on dragging 2 bodies across the map to have a chance of it working with a different closet.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I find that I'm actively resisting certain techniques even only in Paris because "oh my god did they really fall for that again" like I'm supposed to be some realistic super assassin instead of an insane (but stealthy for all that) murderhobo

Never occurs to me to just throw something one way and run the other, for example, because what loving idiot's gonna fall for th--oh, they both left, even. okay then :v:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SubNat posted:

I just dropped a micro-explosive by the gaslamp when I did that, since I wasn't entirely sure how to get the explosion to trigger on it's own without me shooting it.
(I was expecting him to start smoking, considering the huge, filled up ashtray that's on the table, but no luck there.)

Also aw, I did Sapienza ( 106,000 xp for completing most of the things in one go, though with way too many loads. ), and I was kind of annoyed at some of the challenges.

The 'blow him up with a fireplace explosion' didn't work, even when I blew up the both of them at the same time, and when I tried it in his room. I guess it's specifically the one by the pool?

And the lady + golf dude has to be in a normal closet(Possibly even specifically the one in her bathroom.), not the container in her room. Which is a pity because I accidentally shoved a guy into the nearest closet a good while early, and wasn't super keen on dragging 2 bodies across the map to have a chance of it working with a different closet.

When generators start up they spark, so the “proper” way to blow him up once you have him over there is to loosen the valve on the heater with a wrench, then turn off the generator and run. Even if someone else turns it on the explosion should still hit him.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

SubNat posted:

Yeah, the mention of a generic "fireplace" is a bit misleading, though to be fair it is called "BBQ Season" and has an image of that specific barbeque grill.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Be careful when talking about celebrity elusive targets on social media :cop:

(he did get unbanned after explaining the context)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I have Hitman 2. Can I go out and buy a disc version of Hitman 1 and get everything to transfer, or does it have to be digital?

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I have Hitman 2. Can I go out and buy a disc version of Hitman 1 and get everything to transfer, or does it have to be digital?

Can't say, but I haven't read any reports of a version not transferring over.

That being said, the GOTY version of season 1 can be acquired for 13 bux on fanatical.

Holistic Detective
Feb 2, 2008

effing the ineffable

Holistic Detective posted:

I haven't really encountered it yet, but guards can now see you in mirrors right? Has anyone tested whether this is still the case whilst wearing Paris's vampire magician costume? I haven't had a chance to test it but I really hope they can't.

Just in case anyone else was wondering, after extensive testing in Dalia Margolis' bathroom, I can confirm guards will indeed see you in the mirror even in the vampire magician costume. :(

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

A disc version of Hitman 1 works. If you're really cheap, a redbox/gamefly copy works, even.

You just have to have Hitman 1 installed and open the in game store from its menu. At least on the PS4 version.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Can't say, but I haven't read any reports of a version not transferring over.

That being said, the GOTY version of season 1 can be acquired for 13 bux on fanatical.

That’s a good price but I have 2 on PS4.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Has there been any word on a Terminus suit fix?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

nexus6 posted:

Has there been any word on a Terminus suit fix?

IOI tweeted about it, so presumably they're working on it and it'll get patched soon.

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1065186789688778752

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

poverty goat posted:

hitman 2018 is a puzzle game, not a realistic stealth simulator

It used to be more of a stealth simulator before they went with a "Silent Assassin or else it's a failure" rank system. Now that that the only canon kills are accidents you have to treat it as a puzzle game, but in Blood Money you could do all sorts of cool stuff and the game would acknowledge it in the newspapers at the end of the level. Like if you got caught dragging a body and had to whack a few guards the game didn't make you feel like a failure the way these ones do.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
What a ridiculous read of both that post and the game.

DeadLetterOfficer
Mar 30, 2011

I said, I've got a big stick.
Blood Money definitely did penalise you. You got less cash for upgrades for getting spotted, killing non targets etc

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The accident thing is often ridiculous when you think about it. Like, maybe I can buy someone getting drunk and drowning in a toilet. But if the drowned body is then stuffed into a closet with their bodyguard who was clobbered over the head with a fish, it kind of points to it not being an accident.

At the same time, even if you get no non-target kills, there are a lot of opportunities that would lead to someone else taking the blame and being killed. Like if you kill Rico with a tattoo gun and the next day the gang finds the tattoo guy in the village with a raging headache, they’re probably gonna murder the tattoo guy. If Dalia dies while meeting Helmut Krueger, they’re probably not gonna believe Helmut when he says a lookalike clobbered him and stole his clothes, and he’s gonna get blamed for the murder.

Or there’s stuff where if you chat with someone and are the only two people in a room, then get behind them and knock them out, they’ll probably be able to put two and two together and figure out the bald guy did it.

Sometime I’d like to try planning a more realistic silent assassin route for all levels that really would leave no evidence, witnesses, or collateral damage.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

With regards to feeling like a success or failure, all I can say is that I regularly get a score of 0 but have lots of fun doing it. They're all successful runs if I make it out alive.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

DeadLetterOfficer posted:

Blood Money definitely did penalise you. You got less cash for upgrades for getting spotted, killing non targets etc

Yeah but it still gave you some feedback and the ranking system and the newspapers gave you more incentive to finish out your run than the current games do.

I still love the current games, I wouldn't have SA:SO'd all of H'16 if I didn't, I just don't like the simplified rankings is all.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Was blood money the one with the newspapers at the end. And you could technically remain unspotted by taking out literally everyone on the map?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

ZeusCannon posted:

Was blood money the one with the newspapers at the end. And you could technically remain unspotted by taking out literally everyone on the map?
Yes and yes.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think if you subdue someone while theyre vomiting it should count as a kill since theyre prob gonna choke to death on their vomit

DeadLetterOfficer
Mar 30, 2011

I said, I've got a big stick.

Tumble posted:

Yeah but it still gave you some feedback and the ranking system and the newspapers gave you more incentive to finish out your run than the current games do.

I still love the current games, I wouldn't have SA:SO'd all of H'16 if I didn't, I just don't like the simplified rankings is all.

Ah I get you. I forgot about all the different rankings you got for different styles.

One thing I miss is the whole assembling your rifle while taking it out of its case. Then after your kill would calmly disassemble it while that glorious dramatic score would start playing.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

ZeusCannon posted:

Yea, and you could get rankings like "Axe Murderer", "Serial Killer" or "Psychopath" depending on how many people you killed and how you killed them.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
One thing I did like about Blood Money's rating system is that no evidence meant NO evidence: if I remember it right you can't leave anything behind that you brought in to a level, including the suit you wore and bullets.

I wouldn't mind if it was brought back as an optional difficulty modifier in new Hitman, but I really don't want to be forced to do Master SASO without the ability to shoot cameras and walls...

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If i remember correctly it just meant you had to change back before you left not that you had to SASO.

Confession i rarely SASO I just SA

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Bakanogami posted:

The accident thing is often ridiculous when you think about it. Like, maybe I can buy someone getting drunk and drowning in a toilet. But if the drowned body is then stuffed into a closet with their bodyguard who was clobbered over the head with a fish, it kind of points to it not being an accident.

At the same time, even if you get no non-target kills, there are a lot of opportunities that would lead to someone else taking the blame and being killed. Like if you kill Rico with a tattoo gun and the next day the gang finds the tattoo guy in the village with a raging headache, they’re probably gonna murder the tattoo guy. If Dalia dies while meeting Helmut Krueger, they’re probably not gonna believe Helmut when he says a lookalike clobbered him and stole his clothes, and he’s gonna get blamed for the murder.

Or there’s stuff where if you chat with someone and are the only two people in a room, then get behind them and knock them out, they’ll probably be able to put two and two together and figure out the bald guy did it.

Sometime I’d like to try planning a more realistic silent assassin route for all levels that really would leave no evidence, witnesses, or collateral damage.

I think this comes back to an "accident kill" being such because it's seen as an accident *in the moment.* For high profile clients like Silvio, presumably after the fact someone would look into it and work out that the solar system chandelier didn't just fall down on its own, or figure out that someone must've set off the APC gun, but in the chaos of the moment they don't have a clear perpetrator.

I was thinking about the silent assassin thing yesterday with regards to the exit routes; the Delgado cartel would probably want to work out where their very expensive helicopter went and presumably 47 would have to find somewhere to put it after his escape. And also that the "destroy" evidence interaction makes the drat thing spark up makes me think someone will notice something's up after the fact.

Of course, this is all thinking too much about a game where you can murder dozens of people with a car lift and never raise an eyebrow

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
Just SASO’ed Miami while waiting for Thanksgiving guests.

Snuck through the VIP area to the medical office where I managed to poison Sierra’s IV and take out the never-pee-er so the doctor poisoned her. Then up the elevator shaft and the pipe on the side to the top floor of Robert’s building, lethal poisoned his eye drops and did coin shenanigans to get past the guards to the AC. Took the helicopter out which I had never done. Finally gonna move onto the next level I guess.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The Narrator posted:

Of course, this is all thinking too much about a game where you can murder dozens of people with a car lift and never raise an eyebrow

THE CAR LIFT DEMANDS A SACRIFICE!

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
ALL HAIL THE CAR LIFT

Tumble posted:

It used to be more of a stealth simulator before they went with a "Silent Assassin or else it's a failure" rank system. Now that that the only canon kills are accidents you have to treat it as a puzzle game, but in Blood Money you could do all sorts of cool stuff and the game would acknowledge it in the newspapers at the end of the level. Like if you got caught dragging a body and had to whack a few guards the game didn't make you feel like a failure the way these ones do.

I don't feel like a failure when I get a low ranking, mainly because if I'm not trying to get a Silent Assassin rating, it doesn't really matter to me and doesn't affect the gameplay outside of a high score screen I never look at. Hell, sometimes the most efficient and rewarding way to do challenge runs is to make full use of a lethal and non-stealthy approach and just do whatever allows you to complete the challenge the quickest. Sometimes, for example, if I need to kill someone in an "accident", I murder their guards, knock them out, and then drag them under a chandelier or whatever and then let the object loose. Does it strain credulity? Sure. Do I feel like I failed because of it. Hell no. On the contrary, I have a blast with it.

I'll grant that the score does exert some pressure to do things stealthily, but you can easily rebut that, and honestly it's not much different than how blood money did it, in my opinion.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Can i make the hippie give the poisoned souvenir bus to the target on his own in mission 3? I've tried giving him the glue somehow (can't), i tried repairing the bus and activating the alarm clock to make him come into the room (he doesn't notice it) and i've tried dropping the repaired bus in front of him (he's retarded). I really really want to make this passive kill happen, but it seems like it's not something thats meant to happen.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
^^^ Not currently, no, I'm afraid.

I'll also say that I don't really miss Blood Money all that much. It was fun when I played it a few years ago, but Hitman 2016 really spoiled me in terms of gameplay and going back to Blood Money just feels awkward. Locations are smaller, feel less lived in, and have less interactivity. Controls are jankier. And its portrayal of minorities and women was, uh, bad.

I do wish I could see a remixing of some of those locations. The Heaven and Hell thing in particular is really memorable. I just think it could do with some modernizing. In more ways than one.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Feels like I'm attaching to the game more easily this time around, but I admittedly still feel a bit of a fraud for needing the Mission Story indicators (nevermind the other UI poo poo) to run into map events; ran around Paris for 20 minutes before I had any indication I'd found one, and I just ticked the button on the UI for the others so far :saddowns:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toiKydu88CE

:coal:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

This game isn't running great for me, it gets a lot of slowdown especially if I get into a firefight. Other than that I'm having a blast though, and wow I got bad at Hitman you would think after the amount of time I put into S1 I'd be decent at this but nah I'm a scrub-tier killer.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Uhhhhhhhhh

Sir? Sir, you uh... you took one step and somehow shot up vertically and now you're stuck there.

Oh hey, you're Sean Rose's bodyguard, thanks for taking yourself out of the running, I guess!

He's just trying to take a single step and the animation interrupts when his foot moves an inch. Infinitely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I had the same issue on Colorado too, but it was the upstairs patrolling guard in the house strolling around the roof.