Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

esperterra posted:

Does JJ Spock get Sylar powers in this scenario

Sure why the hell not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ted Danson is a delight

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahaha oh man esperterra will love Diaz soooo much

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Diaz is a delight as well. She’s too much April Ludgate at first but gets better super quickly

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

oh for gently caress's sake

https://imgur.com/lyTedCr

LOOK UPON CBS' WORKS, YE MIGHTY, AND DESPAIR

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The Good Place is the only american comedy that has managed to stay funny for more than a season to me.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Original flava Spock please and thank you. I can't stand ZQ and dunno who nu guy is.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Oh god Cheebee is exhausting

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Timby posted:

https://imgur.com/lyTedCr

LOOK UPON CBS' WORKS, YE MIGHTY, AND DESPAIR

anime waifu spock

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Stroke of luck to make Florida Man a main character in this show

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

re: Samberg talk

Lotta Hot Rod haters in here

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Stroke of luck to make Florida Man a main character in this show

BORTLES!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I completely get not liking Samberg but I think he’s loving awesome

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yo that Spock is hot

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

BORTLES!

How did you make that so fast?!

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Facial hair is illogical Captain.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
loving wild seeing Danson tending bar again

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like Good Place but it feels like all the characters are basically Tom Haverford and really cartoonish and breezy. I don't think there is much emotional payoff happening.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

I like Good Place but it feels like all the characters are basically Tom Haverford and really cartoonish and breezy. I don't think there is much emotional payoff happening.

Tom Haverford was an irredeemable and unlikeable monster though
Anyway I’m out of episodes and that show was a trip and I can’t wait until they put s3 on Netflix
Also I thought Cheeto was supposed to be speaking French

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He taught Ben to treat yourself

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

feedmyleg posted:

Yo that Spock is hot

All Spocks are hot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Also I thought Cheeto was supposed to be speaking French

They explain this in S3. Also explained is how they ended up back at the moment of their deaths if they spent all that time in the afterlife.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Finished MitHC s3 last night and thought it was by far the best season. S1 didn't really go much beyond “whoa look how hosed up it would be if the Axis won WW2” and s2 lacked narrative focus and pacing (not having a show runner will do that). This season had a clear, well paced central story, several Holy poo poo moments and the really leaned into the scifi stuff. They also added some good new characters. After the first 2 seasons I didn't feel like I had a sense of where the show was going, but after this season I can see the direction.

All this to say, if you gave up after the second season, maybe give it another chance.

E: also the same actor who plays Himmler also played the old German dude who stood up to Loki in Avengers

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 22, 2018

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Calaveron posted:

Tom Haverford was an irredeemable and unlikeable monster though

I spent most of the show hoping he would die in a very special episode or something. He was my least favorite part of the show. I love B99 though.

Oasx posted:

The Good Place is the only american comedy that has managed to stay funny for more than a season to me.

What. Always Sunny, Frazier, Seinfeld, none of those?

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
So how long does it take to get into Legion?

I'm two episodes in and it's jumping all over the place, which I guess is expected if the guy has super MPD or something, but it isn't making for the most engrossing viewing experience.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Stick with it, things coalesce pretty quickly and you will be glad you did. Also, the epsiodes are much more enjoyable the second time around.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I caught up to The Good Place last night 'cause I fell a few episodes behind. Immediately dove into the thread to catch up then remembered why I let the posts pile up on that one lmbo. It's a great thread when the episodes are airing but my eyes glaze over during the weeks between RIP.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

esperterra posted:

I caught up to The Good Place last night 'cause I fell a few episodes behind. Immediately dove into the thread to catch up then remembered why I let the posts pile up on that one lmbo. It's a great thread when the episodes are airing but my eyes glaze over during the weeks between RIP.

tviv.txt

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I usually dig the week to week discussions of shows in the general threads, but The Good Place is the last show I want to pick apart and theorycraft over. More power to the people who do tho but drat.

At least it isn't as bad as the Westworld thread gets lmbo, or the hundred page 'but are you actually you if you go into a new body ??' derail in the Altered Carbon thread.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Open Source Idiom posted:

Oh yeah, she and Danson are fantastic -- I mean, obviously, but it deserves repeating.

Big fan of Manny Jacinto and D'arcy Carden too. Particularly Jacinto, who seems to always be finding new ways to play the material he's given. (And ends up doing a lot to redeem a character that I reckon the show tends to struggle with.)

And I'm always happy to see Tiya Sircar turn up as well.

How loving dare you exclude Jameela Jamil. You centaur's rear end.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Full Mirror Centaur episode when

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Yes I agree, by process of elimination William Jackson Harper is the weakest of the regular cast.

(Jameela Jamil is funny, as is WJH, and I appreciate their charms. But I think there's a greeness to her acting, hence my lower regard of her as compared to the other cast members. It's the same with Rob Mcelhenny on It's Always Sunny. He's entertaining, and his enthusiasm is clear. But I'm not certain that he's much of a straight up actor.)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What. Always Sunny, Frazier, Seinfeld, none of those?

Lol yeah that statement is ridiculous.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

-Blackadder- posted:

So how long does it take to get into Legion?

I'm two episodes in and it's jumping all over the place, which I guess is expected if the guy has super MPD or something, but it isn't making for the most engrossing viewing experience.

Episode 4 is probably the episode that will tell you whether or not you dig the season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fan videos are usually TERRIBLE.

But Star Trek rules and so does this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfhFA2ORTZ8&feature=youtu.be

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://i.imgur.com/a1ZHw3H.mp4

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
rec me some tv shows to check out

recent favorites have been: deutschland 83/86, supernatural, elementary, fleabag, peep show, legion

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Calaveron posted:

I’m not feeling the good place. It feels forced in ways Schur shows usually somehow manage to barely avoid

Calaveron posted:

Ok this show got really good and is the twist now that Michael's actually the one in the bad place now

Calaveron posted:

Anyway I’m out of episodes and that show was a trip and I can’t wait until they put s3 on Netflix
This was a nice little dramatic arc and right in line with the show.

B99 is good even if you don't like Sandberg because the rest of the cast, especially Braugher, is great. It also rather amazingly swerved out of the way of the Boyle/Diaz oncoming wreck.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

bowmore posted:

recent favorites have been: deutschland 83/86, supernatural, elementary, fleabag, peep show, legion

The Americans and Little Drummer Girl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

bowmore posted:

Patriot!