Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Serenade posted:

I've barely played any TWEWY because of its controller nonsense.

Twewy seems like a better deal on phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Never mind the pro controller, they need to add full touchscreen controls to Let's Go. I keep jabbing fruitlessly at menu options like a clown.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Just trying to first time setup a switch and when it brings up a keyboard for a wifi password or if I skip that, the user nickname, it crashes with error code 2162-0002 which seems to be a generic error code for when poo poo goes wrong. Couldn't find any instance of the problem being tied to a keyboard coming up, though. Should I just exchange it for another one?

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Having my folks over for Thanksgiving.

Which of the Jackbox games would be good for a not-so-hip crowd of 3 people?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Not sure how long it'll last but apparently Diablo 3 on switch was incorrectly marked down to 17 bucks at Walmart in store along with doom and wolfenstein being lower than usual, going to check my local one and see if I can score at least Diablo.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

Thank you for posting this, 400gb for $80 is a crazy deal

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jesus didn't I pay $30 for a 64gb just like a month ago and it was a good deal?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Takoluka posted:

However, to sit there and say that not being able to use the Pro controller for one game is Switch ruining is kinda ridiculous.

Good thing no one said that!

A Switch is a borderline purchase for me right now so I might wait for more games I want before purchasing one. That’s all. It wasn’t intended as an attack on God’s One True Handheld.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I refuse to buy Pokemon Let's Go because you can't get a bicycle or visit the safari zone.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Frankston posted:

I refuse to buy Pokemon Let's Go because you can't get a bicycle or visit the safari zone.

You can ride a Haunter.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
What are some "hidden gems" for the Switch in terms of physical releases?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Namco Arcade Collection is a good one I see on sale right now at various places.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Walmart is selling Diablo switch for $17. Pricing error nationwide get it while you can. Just grabbed my copy.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just went to Walmart and they wouldn't sell it to me until 6.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bottom Liner posted:

Walmart is selling Diablo switch for $17. Pricing error nationwide get it while you can. Just grabbed my copy.

How’d you get it for that price? It’s $60 on the site.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Link? Walmarts site says nothing about it.

Edit: saw something about doom being mispriced at 17

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 22, 2018

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I WAS thinking of getting Poke'mon Let's Go! Eevee (apparently that's the "definitive" one?) but I remember that I've found every Poke'mon game tedious and boring since I played the DS titles. The random battles in single player are so uninspired and stories tend to suck. But this one messes with the formula though?

SeANMcBAY posted:

Namco Arcade Collection is a good one I see on sale right now at various places.

Hmm...I do love me some Drauga.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

SeANMcBAY posted:

How’d you get it for that price? It’s $60 on the site.

I just walked in and bought it. Sticker still says 60 but it rang up 17.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

I WAS thinking of getting Poke'mon Let's Go! Eevee (apparently that's the "definitive" one?) but I remember that I've found every Poke'mon game tedious and boring since I played the DS titles. The random battles in single player are so uninspired and stories tend to suck. But this one messes with the formula though?

There are no random battles at least

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

I just walked in and bought it. Sticker still says 60 but it rang up 17.

Walked in? To a physical store? I lucked out on exactly this happening with xb2 last year

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Hmm...I do love me some Drauga.

There are no random battles and that’s what got me interested. It’s much less tedious traveling the world and capturing Pokémon. There isn’t a definitive version, just choose based on if you like Pikachu or Eevee more. You can get the other versions exclusives through trading or Go.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

Is that on the online store?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SeANMcBAY posted:

There are no random battles and that’s what got me interested. It’s much less tedious traveling the world and capturing Pokémon. There isn’t a definitive version, just choose based on if you like Pikachu or Eevee more. You can get the other versions exclusives through trading or Go.

I would have been so much more likely to buy the Let's Go Pikachu or Evee games if they had made the map Johto + Kanto and not made the online options much weaker than the previous Pokemon games. I hope the quality of life stuff like no random battles is kept for the mainline game next year.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacebump posted:

I would have been so much more likely to buy the Let's Go Pikachu or Evee games if they had made the map Johto + Kanto and not made the online options much weaker than the previous Pokemon games. I hope the quality of life stuff like no random battles is kept for the mainline game next year.

Yeah, I really hope they keep visible Pokémon on the map for gen 8. Make everything else like it was in Sun/Moon, I just want that change to stay.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, I really hope they keep visible Pokémon on the map for gen 8. Make everything else like it was in Sun/Moon, I just want that change to stay.

Same.

Does anyone know if repel is still an item in the Let's Go games? Seems like they would have to change what it does or just eliminate it.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ah man, Diablo/DOOM for 30 bucks cause of walmart's glitch is insane, but I'm cooking all day

And going to Walmart on Thanksgiving is super lame

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Bottom Liner posted:

Any enterprising Canadians want to try this and report back?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Happy Birthdays. You create a little world and all you can control is the temperature and elevation of the landscape. but over time, an extremely long time, life develops and evolves on your world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdflhkNkJL0

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Just called my wife to interrupt her thanksgiving shopping to run to Walmart. For anybody interested, Diablo is still $17. She said the guy checking here out was surprised by the price but sold it anyway.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

loudog999 posted:

Just called my wife to interrupt her thanksgiving shopping to run to Walmart. For anybody interested, Diablo is still $17. She said the guy checking here out was surprised by the price but sold it anyway.

Well. I gotta make a run out anyway, in about an hour. Time to locate a Walmart on the route.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
My Walmart sucks and has crap for game selection so Diablo wasn't there but I got doom for switch for 12 bucks. YMMV of course but hey thanks Walmart employee for just shrugging and ringing me up.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I got Diablo 3, and i’m loving it. But I want to do online co-op as much as possible, so i’m curious as to how the matchmaking is structured.

In adventure mode, to match with another player, you have to be using the same difficulty setting, and be on the same chapter? Or even on the same quest? I found Normal difficulty too easy, and so its on hard, and im wondering if rhats affecting my chances at finding another match.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Also I've never played Diablo or any Blizzard game at all.

So this oughta be fun.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Diablo $17 at Walmart, confirmed. The cashier gave me a high-five.

...so what character do I roll? I have never played anything like this game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Shoot. Broforce isn't crossplay it seems. That makes way less interesting, only person I can play it with has it on PC. I suppose finding whomever online works fine, but it's not really what I had in mind. Oh well.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Same.

Does anyone know if repel is still an item in the Let's Go games? Seems like they would have to change what it does or just eliminate it.

It is an item but I haven’t used it yet so I’m not quite sure what it does.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
For Diablo 3 I'd recommend a melee like barbarian, crusader, or monk at first to get the hang of stuff and they take less damage. Maybe watch a couple of videos of the classes and I'm sure some others would recommend range. It really doesn't matter a whole lot, its fast to level and after a couple of hours of playing unless you have a weird rear end gimmick build that requires a certain set of items you get a general gist of how they play.

Just keep in mind if you're playing the season you only get one haedrig's gift set so before you open it be sure that's what you like.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 22, 2018

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Play Witch Doctor and throw vases full of spiders on the enemy after having a spirit vomit acid on them.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Got the last copy of Diablo for $17 at Walmart with no issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Wow, Nintendo actually discounting their digital games? Even though I have a huge backlog I just got Tropical Freeze.