Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear the Sheep
Dec 31, 2008
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1065439728621641728

no way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

lmaooooooooo

imagine living through 2016 and not recoiling in terror at the mere mention on Hilary Campaign Strategist

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Did anyone really doubt this after his hootin and hollerin' WE-WILL-RISE speech at the DNC?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

booker my dude, when they say "first as tragedy, second as farce" you aint' supposed to try to be the farce

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

booker has been running for president since he was elected to the senate

anyway we have a whole thread to lol at cory booker and klobuchar and all the rest of the morons who are going to be also-rans to the actual biden vs bernie vs maybe harris and beto primary race its called the suck zone

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Bunch of lovely dems gotta be thrilled that making it through a weak primary field means they get to take on trump.

Shear the Sheep
Dec 31, 2008
the no way was sarcastic sorry this is the only thing he wants and its entirely predictable he goes running to obama and hilary people

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

2004 clown car primary

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
No love for Tim Kaine? No Kaine-iacs in the building? Nobody hooked on that Co-Kaine?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

FAUXTON posted:

Did anyone really doubt this after his hootin and hollerin' WE-WILL-RISE speech at the DNC?

Go ahead and put on that Southern affectation while denigrating a black man, it's a good look.

e: And no I don't think Booker is a good candidate either but your post comes off as some racist poo poo.

RandomBlue has issued a correction as of 07:06 on Nov 22, 2018

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shear Modulus posted:

anyway we have a whole thread to lol at cory booker and klobuchar and all the rest of the morons who are going to be also-rans to the actual biden vs bernie vs maybe harris and beto primary race its called the suck zone

he was running for president when he was mayor of newark

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Wikipedia posted:

Booker gained national attention when, on December 28, 2010, a constituent used Twitter to ask him to send someone to her father's house to shovel his driveway because her elderly father was going to attempt to do it himself. Booker responded by tweeting, "I will do it myself; where does he live?" Other people volunteered, including one person who offered his help on Twitter, and 20 minutes later Booker and some volunteers showed up and shoveled the man's driveway.[57][58] On April 12, 2012, Booker saved a woman from a house fire, suffering smoke inhalation and second-degree burns on his hands in the process. Newark Fire Chief John Centanni said that Booker's actions possibly saved the woman's life.[59] After Hurricane Sandy destroyed much of the shoreline areas of New Jersey and New York in late October 2012, Booker invited Newarkers without power to eat and sleep in his home.[60] In February 2013, responding to a Twitter post, Booker helped a nervous constituent propose to his girlfriend.[61] Booker rescued a dog from freezing temperatures in January 2013 and another dog that had been abandoned in a cage in July 2013.[62][63]

Hmm. I'm kind of getting a "decent human being" vibe here, but being a decent human being pretty much guarantees being a totally ineffective president. See: Carter, Jimmy.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Bogus Adventure posted:

No love for Tim Kaine? No Kaine-iacs in the building? Nobody hooked on that Co-Kaine?

the first time I saw Tim Kaine speak I involuntarily said “I hate this guy” out loud

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Powered Descent posted:

Hmm. I'm kind of getting a "decent human being" vibe here, but being a decent human being pretty much guarantees being a totally ineffective president. See: Carter, Jimmy.

hes a neoliberal in that hes extremely pro capital and business but believes somehow a little charity every now and then will cure systemic poverty and poo poo

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

codenameFANGIO posted:

the first time I saw Tim Kaine speak I involuntarily said “I hate this guy” out loud

He seems like a decent guy, but he was such a milquetoast pick for a VP after Diamond Joe Biden.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

codenameFANGIO posted:

Sounds like somebody didn't watch him tear up on harmonica.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

anime was right posted:

he was running for president when he was mayor of newark

lol yeah

i meant to go back and edit my post to say that before i hit submit but im drunk

he got his senate seat by someone dying right, took that instead of trying to do something useful like unseat christie

Bogus Adventure posted:

He seems like a decent guy, but he was such a milquetoast pick for a VP after Diamond Joe Biden.

tim kaine supports the hyde amendment lmao

hes terrible

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Shear Modulus posted:

hes terrible

gently caress

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

hes terrible

the funniest thing about the whole heath mello ordeal was how quickly the hillary heads memory holed tim kaine and his anti abortion views

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
president Cory Booger

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Shear Modulus posted:

longer than that. street fight, a documentary about his campaign to become newark mayor, was pretty much designed to build him a national profile. and it worked!

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Cory booker would be a better president with a more effective campaign than Nancy pelosi

lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

8% in Iowa, 3% in New Hampshire

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Also the way this thread is sort of spontaneously morphing into the 2020 primary thread is a bit frightening but I am powerless to stop it.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
booker is an avatar of finance capital in a human skinsuit and im pretty sure hes DOA, inshallah. otoh i still dont understand the faith in the historical inevitability of bernie when like 1/4 of the +40 dems got in the house were in orange loving county

cargo cult has issued a correction as of 08:58 on Nov 22, 2018

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Also the way this thread is sort of spontaneously morphing into the 2020 primary thread is a bit frightening but I am powerless to stop it.

It's a metaphor for America :patriot:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
How do Hillary's election staffers sell themselves in future jobs? Surely they don't say "well, we won the popular vote" right?

I mean, we're not talking about merely losing an election here, we're talking about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory like I have never seen in my life and may never see again.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Vox Nihili posted:

The elections are over. Long live the elections.

Shear the Sheep
Dec 31, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

I will drag you kicking and screaming. we're basically in like a 3-4 week dead zone where there's like a couple of recounts/mail ballots left and then just waiting for people to declare for 2020. its some weird grey zone

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Samurai Sanders posted:

How do Hillary's election staffers sell themselves in future jobs? Surely they don't say "well, we won the popular vote" right?

I mean, we're not talking about merely losing an election here, we're talking about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory like I have never seen in my life and may never see again.

The Democrats are basically the very definition of failing upward.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Vox Nihili posted:

It's gonna get nuked when the last races are called although at this point it's probably unnecessary

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Samurai Sanders posted:

This is the DC type. You see them all over around here, lantern-jawed, ID cards on lanyards, traditional-cut shirts with way too much fabric. It doesn't matter how many times they fail because they know people, they have "experience", their voices have been in the room for so long. They will just keep coming back like bad pennies, forever, because their only skill is weaseling their ways into the corridors of power.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

how does hillary herself keep still attracting donors and six-figure speech gigs when its obvious she'll never win another election to deliver those promised favors? everyone who still tries to bribe her now is wasting their money that would be far better used giving paid speeches to kamala harris or booking the next 20 years of your company's conventions at trump hotels

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I have rescued three dogs. Your move, Booker.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

cenotaph posted:

I have rescued three dogs. Your move, Booker.

So I assume you've already started hanging out in Iowa and New Hampshire. Can I be on your exploratory committee? I've always wanted to be an explorer.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Powered Descent posted:

So I assume you've already started hanging out in Iowa and New Hampshire. Can I be on your exploratory committee? I've always wanted to be an explorer.

I'm just chillin in Cedar Rapids.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

what’s the clinton foundation up to these days

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

RIP Stan Lee

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Helping Hillary edit her Neville Chamberlain cosplay op-eds

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/22/hillary-clinton-europe-must-curb-immigration-stop-populists-trump-brexit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

:chloe: