Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Xerophyte posted:

I don't see what the fuss is about, it's a reasonable outside looking in report. The worst evil it does is make fanfest sound very earnest and nerdy. Which I'm pretty sure it was.

he wasted everyone's time with an awkward and stupid question about ERP, was being a creepy pest to female cosplayers, and generally comes across like a condescending jackass

Augus fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ChickenWing posted:

Anyone have a good lowkey BLM glam? I'm looking for something that isn't so crazy over the top with tubes/belts/knives/coattails/etc attached in various places

The AF3 rod is probably a better fit, but I like Stardust a lot..

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

DoubleNegative posted:

Not the pants you're asking for, but I'm firmly of the opinion that the Long Plain Skirt look works for nearly any job.

With the right armor, it turns DRG into a Valkyrie, for instance.

Hell yeah, valkyrie sisters.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

DoubleNegative posted:

Not the pants you're asking for, but I'm firmly of the opinion that the Long Plain Skirt look works for nearly any job.

With the right armor, it turns DRG into a Valkyrie, for instance.

Team Valkyrie :whatup:

*edit - may as well hit it right on the nose

isk fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 22, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If you don't have a winged helmet as part of your glam are you even really a dragoon?

My valkyrie has trousers though.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

ChickenWing posted:

Anyone have a good lowkey BLM glam? I'm looking for something that isn't so crazy over the top with tubes/belts/knives/coattails/etc attached in various places

DoubleNegative posted:

An older glam and slightly different skirt but :yeah:

Ibblebibble posted:

If you don't have a winged helmet as part of your glam are you even really a dragoon?

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 22, 2018

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Leofish posted:

Yoshi-P, add an enemy called Jeremy Coblyn.

more like a glorious hero named jeremy coblyn

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Uh, that Midan Armor of Fending is really loving good. How viable is it to clear Brute Justice these days with people who have never done it before....

isk
Oct 3, 2007

TheShadowAvatar posted:

Uh, that Midan Armor of Fending is really loving good. How viable is it to clear Brute Justice these days with people who have never done it before....

Trivial with unsync

*edit - misinformation removed

isk fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 22, 2018

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

isk posted:

Trivial with unsync. Also bear in mind the tank armor from Sirensong Sea is a recolor of the same model.

ftfy

TheShadowAvatar posted:

If you haven't at least done Brute Justice normal mode, you've been depriving yourself of one of HW's great fights.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

isk posted:

Trivial with unsync. Also bear in mind the tank armor from Sirensong Sea is a recolor of the same model.

The Sirensong Sea tank chest is a recolour of the i250 craftable Striking/Aiming/Scouting chest.

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

SwissArmyDruid posted:

ftfy

If you haven't at least done Brute Justice normal mode, you've been depriving yourself of one of HW's great fights.

Yeah I did it a lot back in HW, just never stepped into Savage. Is the Sirensong Sea stuff dyeable? It always seems super hit or miss if I can dye dungeon gear, if at all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheShadowAvatar posted:

Yeah I did it a lot back in HW, just never stepped into Savage. Is the Sirensong Sea stuff dyeable? It always seems super hit or miss if I can dye dungeon gear, if at all.

Sirensong stuff is dyeable, I presume to give it at least a little value since it's the one item set below Shire gear in ilevel.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Sirensong stuff is dyeable, I presume to give it at least a little value since it's the one item set below Shire gear in ilevel.

Even the weapons are dyeable! :eng101:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Red with Claws, always

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Leofish posted:

The Sirensong Sea tank chest is a recolour of the i250 craftable Striking/Aiming/Scouting chest.

So it is, got it mixed up with something else. Edited

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

isk posted:

So it is, got it mixed up with something else. Edited

All good. Ghost Barque is kind of a weird collection of sets. The weapons are all recolours from Gubal, but the armor is a mix of craftables like Star Velvet, Sky Pirate, Chivalric, and Wind Silk.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Brute Justice Normal is cool and my friend.

Brute Justice Savage is a huge jerk.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That idiot ERP question journo is so proud of his stupid question and his condescending article he didn't do any research for lol

Sorry if MY QUESTIOn about ERP makes YOU uncomfortable, I'm out here asking the IMPORTANT stuff

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
People like him get the easiest, coziest loving job while I continue being tempered into a bitter, unhappy, misanthropic person forged in the flames of American retail.

Life loving sucks.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
He called the developer band performances "glorified very expensive karaoke". He called the performance by the people who recorded the music for the game they work on glorified karaoke

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I've hit my first lull in SB where I have no area quests left and am not high enough to do the next story quest (I'm about 1.2M xp from level 70).

I guess I'll have to do a daily or something. It's just funny they managed to keep up the momentum of being able to non-stop quest until really close to the end.

Renegret posted:

If you're a Healer, the Tank is dumb as poo poo and you should've tanked.

If you're a tank, the DPS are dumb as poo poo, and you should've played DPS.

If you're a DPS, then the healer is dumb as poo poo, and you should've played healer.

That is the holy trinity of MMOs, and it means that you should play what you find the most fun.

I have a lot of tolerance, since I do stupid poo poo all the time myself. Like I was doing one of the later Stormblood MSQ dungeons, and one boss had a mechanic where there were pillars and at least one person had to get inside each pillar, and then another mechanic where you had to get inside the pillar of the element the boss doesn't say. I was under the impression the latter mechanic was the only mechanic and somehow did not notice that the first was an issue. Which wouldn't have been a big deal the first time, but the second time I was so busy playing that I completely missed the guy in chat repeatedly saying how someone needs to get inside each pillar and felt like a huge dumbass.

edit: I mean, on the upside I'm at least reliable after I've gotten through the initial phase of embarrassing myself.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Leal posted:

People like him get the easiest, coziest loving job while I continue being tempered into a bitter, unhappy, misanthropic person forged in the flames of American retail.

Life loving sucks.

:emptyquote:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

CJacobs posted:

He called the developer band performances "glorified very expensive karaoke". He called the performance by the people who recorded the music for the game they work on glorified karaoke

Like, I think niche/insular community events can benefit from an outside perspective, but this is super reductive trolling on his part. It must suck to not feel something when Calloway and Soken do their thing - live, no less.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

isk posted:

Like, I think niche/insular community events can benefit from an outside perspective, but this is super reductive trolling on his part. It must suck to not feel something when Calloway and Soken do their thing - live, no less.

He basically didn't even phone it in with the tiniest bit of googling. Just went in and asked questions.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'm a lunatic who plays an alt, and redouble my insanity for continuing to wear a set everyone wears at some point - I like the magitek samurai look.

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.

Argas posted:

He basically didn't even phone it in with the tiniest bit of googling. Just went in and asked questions.

People are also overlooking the fact SE paid him to be there. $150 for a ticket, probably $700 for a plane ride, probably $300 for room and board. Over grand easy for an article it doesn’t even seem like he wanted to write. Someone please explain to me why this was a sound financial decision.

RedRaven
Sep 11, 2001

He's going to SHOCK the world!

DapperDuck posted:

People are also overlooking the fact SE paid him to be there. $150 for a ticket, probably $700 for a plane ride, probably $300 for room and board. Over grand easy for an article it doesn’t even seem like he wanted to write. Someone please explain to me why this was a sound financial decision.

Square spent $1,000 to find out that there’s no point reaching out to RPS in the future and they should just fly in NoClip or Speakers Network next time.

$1,000 isn’t a lot for a marketing budget and it saves them money from using them for the Europe and Japan fanfests.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RedRaven posted:

Square spent $1,000 to find out that there’s no point reaching out to RPS in the future and they should just fly in NoClip or Speakers Network next time.

$1,000 isn’t a lot for a marketing budget and it saves them money from using them for the Europe and Japan fanfests.

RPS was absolutely not the only people flown out there, tbf. Several sites covered the keynote from the floor.

Just, you know, none of them wrote extremely dismissive "I don't give a poo poo about this" articles.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

DapperDuck posted:

Do you realize how much money Square-Enix churns through in a financial year

1G doesn't even qualify as pennies

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It's nothing to SE but it's a bad look when fans see that a person was paid to write an article mocking a fandom's enthusiasm and wasting question time.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

It sucks. It's also (probably) balanced by the more fair reports of the convention. Like, one jackass posting an article on a grog outlet about a nerd convention isn't going to affect their playerbase overmuch because most grogs have already heard about the game and made a call about it. And it's not like we're being generous about the writer's approach.

It'd be a miss on SE's marketing department if the writer had a history of bad pieces made obvious through 10 minutes of browsing. Even so, he did poorly and RPS's readership isn't massive, so he's probably disinvited forever.

Also, speaking as someone who's gone to and worked numerous fan conventions, people ask stupid poo poo at every one. It always stings when it happens, but by this point I take it for granted.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FC Lalafell posted:

I wish XIV had more content.

FC Lalafell posted:

Nah, I haven't done Bahamut, Alexander, Void Ark, the Warring Triad, ARR Hildibrand and its boss fights, several Hard Mode dungeons, and a number of other things in-game even though I like Raids and boss fights.

:argh:

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

isk posted:

It sucks. It's also (probably) balanced by the more fair reports of the convention. Like, one jackass posting an article on a grog outlet about a nerd convention isn't going to affect their playerbase overmuch because most grogs have already heard about the game and made a call about it. And it's not like we're being generous about the writer's approach.

It'd be a miss on SE's marketing department if the writer had a history of bad pieces made obvious through 10 minutes of browsing. Even so, he did poorly and RPS's readership isn't massive, so he's probably disinvited forever.

Also, speaking as someone who's gone to and worked numerous fan conventions, people ask stupid poo poo at every one. It always stings when it happens, but by this point I take it for granted.

I wouldn't be surprised if RPS lost a number of readers because of it too.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zenos is such a smug fucker. I'm being given the option to accept his romantic advances, which I might have considered if not for his nasty greasy-rear end hair.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Zenos is Ralph Wiggum to the WoL's Lisa Simpson.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

DoubleNegative posted:

I think thats one of the dresses that your feet clip thorough when you run. Which is like my nunber two pet peeve, only behind hair clipping through armor.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Zenos is such a smug fucker. I'm being given the option to accept his romantic advances, which I might have considered if not for his nasty greasy-rear end hair.

Either way, he's basically just like "Haha, you're going to fight me!" It's a choice with about as much meaning as the Praetorium options back before those cutscenes were automated.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I just fought Zenos-Shinryu. Party wiped like 7 or 8 times, lol. That fight was kinda tough, even after learning the mechanics I slid off the edge when the ground turned to ice and was knocked off the platform another time just because I was a bit too slow to get out of range of some attack. Most of the problems were due to part of the party taking a long time to figure out that they needed to stack for one of the attacks, though, so I don't take blame for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Blame Eureka for depopulating PF.