Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Holy poo poo this chapter. Totally explains the Robin face.

So many revelations, so many questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I love that jack is such a joke

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
ive been waiting to see post-timeskip blackbeard and holyshit he lives up to every expectation and more

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

nice nice.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

anime was right posted:

ive been waiting to see post-timeskip blackbeard and holyshit he lives up to every expectation and more

Yeah, this is my favorite part of a very packed chapter. Also :rip: Absalom

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Julias posted:

Yeah, this is my favorite part of a very packed chapter. Also :rip: Absalom

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
We're-Definitely-Not-Married-Honest Perona and Mihawk was pretty fun, too.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
lmao im so dumb. the card theme is probably because once luffy defeats kaidou the entire house of cards falls and the new world's entire structure will be completely undone.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Wasn't Absolom just reanimated animal parts and tissue to begin with? Sounds like he's returning to his roots instead of dying

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
haha, teach is wearing kuzan's shaded glasses

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Parrotine posted:

Wasn't Absolom just reanimated animal parts and tissue to begin with? Sounds like he's returning to his roots instead of dying

IIRC, the whole thing about Absalom was that he was a living man who got upgraded Frankenstein-style. It's why most of his skin is a healthy pink.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Kegslayer posted:

Holy poo poo this chapter. Totally explains the Robin face.

So many revelations, so many questions
Remember, Wano doesn't cover news outside the island.

anime was right posted:

Oh yeah, it's awesome. It does make me wonder though. If that's the bounty of an Emperor, then it makes me wonder how high the other bounties are and how high Dragon's is, what with him being the most wanted man in the world.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this is probably my favorite chapter in a really long time

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Remember, Wano doesn't cover news outside the island.

Oh yeah, it's awesome. It does make me wonder though. If that's the bounty of an Emperor, then it makes me wonder how high the other bounties are and how high Dragon's is, what with him being the most wanted man in the world.

Blackbeard's bounty is probably unusually low, given that he basically operates by waiting it out until the dust has settled and sweeping in to loot all he can.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Blackbeard's bounty is probably unusually low, given that he basically operates by waiting it out until the dust has settled and sweeping in to loot all he can.

on the other hand, if you consider what the difference between luffy and zoro usually is (or other captains/first mates), it'd make sense for emperors to be worth about the same as blackbeard

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

loving blackbeard serving as the reader insert character freaking out in excitement over how much awesome poo poo was going down all at once

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
LEAVE

:MONKEY:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

anime was right posted:

lmao im so dumb. the card theme is probably because once luffy defeats kaidou the entire house of cards falls and the new world's entire structure will be completely undone.

Wonder if it has anything to do with Doflamingo going by 'Joker'?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

gently caress
I was going ro be so angry when i saw devon touch her face to revert the transformation like bon clay. I WOULD HAVE BEEN SO ANGRY.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Moria looked so happy when he saw Absalom :smith:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Perona's Winegirl pants in the cover art. :allears:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
It's just me or has Teach gotten even bigger?

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
I can't believe Absalom is loving dead

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
So, how do you think Zoro will take on Shiliew(?) Now?
Will he close his right eye, or open his left?

Place your bets!

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
I wonder if the "interesting topic" Mihawk mentioned is the abolishment of the Warlord system. Would make sense for him to want Perona gone if she couldn't claim to be under his protection.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the most important part of the chapter is blackbeards magnificent beard

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

QuasiQuack posted:

Place your bets!

I am so loving pumped for this fight 5 years from now

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Fawf posted:

Moria looked so happy when he saw Absalom :smith:

:smith: Well, Absalom did save his life from Doflamingo. Moria really cherished his crewmates, he was probably this passionate as well when he attacked Kaido

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It was kind of cute how he got legit remorseful when he thought Absalom was there by choice and that he'd just ruined the party.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Blackbeard is badass, I’m on his team now

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

three beard things. cerberus fruit

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

QuasiQuack posted:

Place your bets!

Observation Haki could probably overcome the fruit's power.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

QuasiQuack posted:

Place your bets!

With he's sword

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jose posted:

the most important part of the chapter is blackbeards magnificent beard

i cant believe i forgot that he didnt have a beard

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Quick thoughts:

-Glad that we got to see the goings on of the rest of the world, even if it was for about half a chapter. I'd be disappointed if the chapter just started with the curtains opening back up again.
-That being said, really annoyed we missed the Revolutionaries and their attack, gently caress that poo poo.
-I find it both a bit sad and disappointing that Absalom died off like that. Makes me wonder why Oda made him a field-reporter if nothing really came of it, and then to just kill him offscreen that way. And it's only been a few days in-universe since he last appeared, how did he get captured so fast?
-It's really heartwarming that Moriah stormed an Emperor's island to save one of his crew, the big ugly goblin-man truly DOES care.
-Initially disappointed with Blackbeard's new design since it took us so long to see him, so I thought he'd be the one pirate to get an eyepatch. That being said, a number of pictures of the real-life Blackbeard depicts him with a similar beard-style, so that was a good touch on Oda's part.
-Glad we got to see the other two Disasters after so long, can't wait to see what kind of Devil Fruits they inevitably have.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

And he even has a brace of pistols, now he just needs to put live fuses in his beard. It makes a funny amount of sense for Blackbeard's beard to grow with his power.

And of course Blackbeard's idea of downtime is the most properly piratey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bZl1XBpyuI

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Blackbeard is truly the most "piratey" of all One Piece pirates.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Please save Luffy from that leather gimp dude

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope Sanji and Zoro take on Queen and King together and the whole fight is all four of them insulting their partner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Angry Lobster posted:

Blackbeard is truly the most "piratey" of all One Piece pirates.

That's exactly what Oda admits to going for with the Blackbeard pirates, iirc.