Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tales of Woe posted:

i thought being a historically accurate toybox was the one thing assassins creed is actually good at
Assassin's Creed in general is somewhat less historically accurate than Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Is Medusa canon in the Assasins Creed world?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yes, as are several other mythological creatures.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

LawfulWaffle posted:

Spoiler: Answer is here

Edit: f,b

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I think I’ll get it when it’s $30, I haven’t been excited about an asscreed in forever and this looks way fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1gfVtYQfaw

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

I think I’ll get it when it’s $30, I haven’t been excited about an asscreed in forever and this looks way fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1gfVtYQfaw

I am playing it on Project Stream and free is a very good price for it

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Yeah ACO is fine in bursts, but it kind of becomes samey once you start hunting cultists. I'm on project stream as well, but there's so many free games coming out right now, it doesn't keep my attention. I'm just constantly comparing the world to botw and it's not as engaging. Not enough sight lines.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Actual historical accuracy is less important than respecting the history to me if that makes sense. I'll still get ACO someday, it's on my steam wishlist

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've been playing Persona 4 Arena Ultimax again on ps3 and I really want a sequel with all characters from 3, 4, and 5.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I've been playing Persona 4 Arena Ultimax again on ps3 and I really want a sequel with all characters from 3, 4, and 5.

there's almost certainly a p5 arena in the works

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tales of Woe posted:

That is what I figure because of the Dancing All Night sequel. I would also love a sequel Persona Q.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Booted up aco: ten minute future cutscene to chose character and difficulty. Just let it die ubi

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I said come in! posted:

That is what I figure because of the Dancing All Night sequel. I would also love a sequel Persona Q.

persona Q2 is releasing next week in japan

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Tales of Woe posted:

Of note, ASW's biggest event of the year, ArcRevo Japan just kicked off a few hours ago, and they've used the finals as a platform for announcements in the past...there may be some cool news tomorrow after Guilty Gear Top 8 is some!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Decided to play some more Monster Hunter World today because it's been a while and I need to get the Dante stuff. It's still so good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

chumbler posted:

Decided to play some more Monster Hunter World today because it's been a while and I need to get the Dante stuff. It's still so good.

I moved from World to play 150 hours of GU and missed all the events so I'm looking forward to the winter festival to catch up on everything I missed

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This Thanksgiving taught me that even liberal people are unwilling to even try on climate change and I'm going to die by the time I'm 60 gently caress humanity it's good that we're doomed

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 23, 2018

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I’m really bummed. Majora’s Mask is (or was) one of my favorite games. Now I don’t enjoy it as much and find it really tedious. I could start the Great Bay stuff now but I don’t want to do that awful pirate dungeon.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's not that bad imo. You're probably working it up to be worse in your head than it actually is

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Himuro posted:

I’m really bummed. Majora’s Mask is (or was) one of my favorite games. Now I don’t enjoy it as much and find it really tedious. I could start the Great Bay stuff now but I don’t want to do that awful pirate dungeon.

Maybe your enjoyment of Majora's Mask is sapped by the realization that the world being destroyed in our lifetimes is not in the realm of fantasy

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

It's not that bad imo. You're probably working it up to be worse in your head than it actually is

Also you can just get the stone mask and breeze through it

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Although I found out the hard way that they moved it after wasting a bunch of time remembering it being vaguely in the canyon somewhere.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The kids in town give you advice on sidequests in the remake

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
How was everyone’s thanksgiving? I spent it alone and drank wine.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Himuro posted:

I worked through the whole thing. :capitalism:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I slammed some weed pills and made dinner for myself, then gaming. I'm trying to decide if I want to kill Sean Bean tonight or save it for tomorrow

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Himuro posted:

See a few posts above

Love my parents, very ambivalent at heart about the rest of the family

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

cheetah7071 posted:

See a few posts above

Love my parents, very ambivalent at heart about the rest of the family

:(

Do they make you uncomfortable? I hope there wasn’t a big family argument.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nah it was just me and one uncle. We live in WA where a carbon tax was on the ballot and he voted against it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Himuro posted:

I spent it in The Virtual World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJlPr2KHSFo

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

This Thanksgiving taught me that even liberal people are unwilling to even try on climate change and I'm going to die by the time I'm 60 gently caress humanity it's good that we're doomed

*raises glass* i hear that, brother

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

cheetah7071 posted:

Nah it was just me and one uncle. We live in WA where a carbon tax was on the ballot and he voted against it

It’s because it’s a tax. I heard about the WA carbon tax vote and it failing but I didn’t research it beyond that. How much was the tax?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I dunno but the anti-tax side always wins in WA initiatives regardless of the specifics

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Himuro posted:

Went okay. Slept. Ate food. Gonna sleep some more.

Denny's forgot to give us the pie we ordered when we went to pick up the food so they ended up having us come back to get a new, fresher pie, as well as reimbursing KCB for the price of the pie so we basically got a free pie, that was pretty cool.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Denny's forgot to give us the pie we ordered when we went to pick up the food so they ended up having us come back to get a new, fresher pie, as well as reimbursing KCB for the price of the pie so we basically got a free pie, that was pretty cool.

Did you get a pre-order bonus

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

cheetah7071 posted:

I dunno but the anti-tax side always wins in WA initiatives regardless of the specifics

I looked into the tax situation in WA and yikes

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/whopaysreport.pdf

FirstAidKite posted:

Mmmm. Free pie.

You seem to have won Thanksgiving.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Himuro posted:

It's pretty bad. Luckily other companies learned playing against time limits and constantly resetting progress in a big adventure game is bad. Minit being the exception that proves the rule.

When will we get to the real roots of Zelda: Zelda 2?

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

It's pretty bad. Luckily other companies learned playing against time limits and constantly resetting progress in a big adventure game is bad. Minit being the exception that proves the rule.

When will we get to the real roots of Zelda: Zelda 2?

I’ve played Zelda 2 but just never got it. I’ve wanted to give the game another chance though.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Majoras Mask and dead rising are both good, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Way of the Samurai 3 is very good yeah

• Locked thread