Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Who wants a piece of the champ?

*sadly watches all the new champions get 20 minutes of voice lines*

Who wants a piece of the champ... :(

Didn't people get mad about Lux's VO redo or did that go over okay? Because Riot said they were gonna do more VO-only stuff. It's probably a pain in the rear end since they need to do them all at once so that means contacting a bunch of voice talent in multiple countries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Wait Lux got a VO? when was that?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

CODChimera posted:

Wait Lux got a VO? when was that?
March of last year, patch 7.6

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I'm getting a little tired of trying to claw my way up through the ranks as a support. I think I want to try top. I am mastery 6 with Taric, I and I have done OK with him up there. I was wondering if I should take him up there, or go with a more dedicated top like Garen? I think a good Taric is a real help to the team in late game, but laning phase hurts for him.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

The Dregs posted:

I'm getting a little tired of trying to claw my way up through the ranks as a support. I think I want to try top. I am mastery 6 with Taric, I and I have done OK with him up there. I was wondering if I should take him up there, or go with a more dedicated top like Garen? I think a good Taric is a real help to the team in late game, but laning phase hurts for him.

I've done taric top a few times. It is kinda fun and you are definitely a boon to the team in late game but if you're gonna be a dedicated top laner I'd get good with 2-3 other champs (who are actually good tops). Nothing wrong with busting out the taric top tho if you think you can keep up.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

el dingo posted:

I've done taric top a few times. It is kinda fun and you are definitely a boon to the team in late game but if you're gonna be a dedicated top laner I'd get good with 2-3 other champs (who are actually good tops). Nothing wrong with busting out the taric top tho if you think you can keep up.

I'm not good with any other tanky tops. Good advice. I'm gonna learn garen.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

The Dregs posted:

Fair enough. I'm also a support main who messes around in top occasionally and doesn't really play tanks there. My favorites are swain and urgot: both are solid laners, easy to learn and are impactful in team fights. Neither of them are 6.3k champs either which is nice

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

The Dregs posted:

learn one other top who's not banned as much, like trynd or irelia or aatrox or something. you really only need 2 or 3 champs per lane but you can't just do 2, especially if it's banned a lot like garen

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I know other mage tops like Lulu and Karma, also Trundle and Poppy now that I think of it, since I use them as support occasionally. Looks like I am all set.

Just got an S on Taric top, but it was against some knuckleheads who decided to duo top: Ekko with Zed as support. I just farmed under tower and until Nocturne came and ate them. Repeatedly.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Just learn Sion and play him in either top or support

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

duck trucker posted:

Just learn Sion and play him in either top or support

I'm just sure he's gonna be nerfed soon

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The Dregs posted:

if you want to do something dumb to climb you're gonna have a significantly higher win rate just spamming zyra and brand support than you will playing taric in the top lane

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

rabidsquid posted:

if you want to do something dumb to climb you're gonna have a significantly higher win rate just spamming zyra and brand support than you will playing taric in the top lane

That's how I got to silver. I dunno. It just feels so dirty. I will say that my win rate was higher with Zyra, but I learned a lot more about warding and map awareness with Taric.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The Dregs posted:

I'm just sure he's gonna be nerfed soon

sion will always be a good pick as a tanky top so long as 1: you can farm decently and 2: his W exists

seriously, it's like a free warmogs at like 25 minutes or something dumb like that, and i'm not even good at farming

also sion has so much cc he's never going to be a 'bad' pick

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

The Dregs posted:

That's how I got to silver. I dunno. It just feels so dirty. I will say that my win rate was higher with Zyra, but I learned a lot more about warding and map awareness with Taric.

If they dead they warded :getin:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

If they dead they warded :getin:

i dont need wards to know they at they shop in 23 seconds

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
you can probably main zyra support to diamond

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
You can main literally anything to D5 0LP, it’s more about your attitude and decisions than mechanics at that tier

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

mistaya posted:

Didn't people get mad about Lux's VO redo or did that go over okay? Because Riot said they were gonna do more VO-only stuff. It's probably a pain in the rear end since they need to do them all at once so that means contacting a bunch of voice talent in multiple countries.

It went over fine, but that's mainly because it was the exact same VA as before. They'd gotten her in to do the Elementalist Lux lines, so they decided to get their money's worth with a voiceover update for the base skin. The one they've said didn't go over well was a Miss Fortune voice update they only tried internally. Despite the characterization shift she's undergone, people still like the tongue-in-cheek sassy version of MF more in game.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Vermain posted:

It went over fine, but that's mainly because it was the exact same VA as before. They'd gotten her in to do the Elementalist Lux lines, so they decided to get their money's worth with a voiceover update for the base skin. The one they've said didn't go over well was a Miss Fortune voice update they only tried internally. Despite the characterization shift she's undergone, people still like the tongue-in-cheek sassy version of MF more in game.

The problem is apparently they made her too grimderp

which yeah is a poo poo fit for MF. It's not that a more serious MF doesn't work (her comics and stuff have been rather well received AFAIK), but nobody wants to see her become a Grim Fightman, But With A Blouse Taxed To Contain Her.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I much preferred the old Ezreal VO.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

CODChimera posted:

You belong in a museum.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

CODChimera posted:

It's the same voice actor and he is way funnier and more interactive lines, I'm not sure what you like over the old one that the new one doesn't have

strong bird
May 12, 2009

gauntlet. blast them

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Umbreon posted:

It's the same voice actor and he is way funnier and more interactive lines, I'm not sure what you like over the old one that the new one doesn't have

I think the two voice lines posted sums it up.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
new ezreal shoots revolver ocelot finger guns at people and whines when people don't watch him blow up towers. He owns.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Yes but how many gays and lesbians does he have inside him

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

Yes but how many gays and lesbians does he have inside him

this joke is getting really played out

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

the joke was dead like two days after varus' new lore came out but that wont stop people from trying to make the same joke over and over again hoping its still funny

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Are you guys seeing a ton of DH Karthus? It seems insanely popular on OCE at the moment.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Monathin posted:

the joke was dead like two days after varus' new lore came out but that wont stop people from trying to make the same joke over and over again hoping its still funny

joke dead, so what

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

joke dead, so what

gbs

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

CODChimera posted:

Are you guys seeing a ton of DH Karthus? It seems insanely popular on OCE at the moment.

DH is good on everyone that does damage

edit
https://i.imgur.com/YbPEu3C.mp4

Super Librarian fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 24, 2018

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

wait does DH trigger when you knock someone below 40% and not just when you hit someone that's already below 40%? that's a pretty massive semantic difference

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I'm sorry but Riot making one character be two gay men fused together by a demon bow rather than just saying "Varus is gay" will always be funny

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Monathin posted:

it is still funny

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

duck trucker posted:

I'm sorry but Riot making one character be two gay men fused together by a demon bow rather than just saying "Varus is gay" will always be funny

How do you guys come up with this stuff?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Super Librarian posted:

DH is good on everyone that does damage

edit
https://i.imgur.com/YbPEu3C.mp4

good. kennen deserves to be dead.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tales of Woe posted:

wait does DH trigger when you knock someone below 40% and not just when you hit someone that's already below 40%? that's a pretty massive semantic difference

yeah i didn't realize that either and that's a huge difference, also a bad one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

strong bird posted:

it is still funny

:wrong: