Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Dad Jokes posted:

I'll never not be entertained by trumpers having incredibly sad thanksgivings to own the libs.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1065797062233677825

That sandwich of orange Doritos and bologna on white bread looks like Trump and is a great metaphor in so many ways.

edit for examples:
  • Looks like Trump
  • Is probably something Trump would eat
  • No doubt tastes like poo poo
  • Has zero nutritional value
  • Likely causes breath that smells like diarrhea, perfectly matching the words coming out
  • Is composed 100% of corn-based chemicals and animal parts unsuited for the pet-food chute at the slaughterhouse
  • Contains an ingredient that could probably give you Cheetoh lung, which I believe isn't too different from what coal mines do to miners
  • Would only be consumed by a mentally ill white man-child (or woman-child in this case, it seems)

Smeef fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Nov 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I bought a store-brand spiral ham, then accidentally set my timer for too long, and overcooked the ham. For a side I had two slices of bread out of a bag. This was the first year of my adult life that I couldn’t muster the motivation to cook a Thanksgiving meal. Pretend I posted a picture of a big off-brand Tupperware bowl full of misshapen and overly dry ham bits I hacked off the bone. Death cannot get here soon enough.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

my family is far away such that flying out for a few days is prohibitively expensive, but someone i work with was nice enough to invite me to his thanksgiving dinner. anyway these stupid forums have had an outsized influence on me as a person, including these politics threads where despite any disagreements we at least can acknowledge things like objective reality. happy holidays fuckers

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Smeef posted:

That sandwich of orange Doritos and bologna on white bread looks like Trump and is a great metaphor in so many ways.

edit for examples:
  • Looks like Trump
  • Is probably something Trump would eat
  • No doubt tastes like poo poo
  • Has zero nutritional value
  • Likely causes breath that smells like diarrhea, perfectly matching the words coming out
  • Is composed 100% of corn-based chemicals and animal parts unsuited for the pet-food chute at the slaughterhouse
  • Contains an ingredient that could probably give you Cheetoh lung, which I believe isn't too different from what coal mines do to miners
  • Would only be consumed by a mentally ill white man-child (or woman-child in this case, it seems)

Plus, there's a seriously good chance that Trump actually ate that for Thanksgiving too. McDonalds and KFC don't have a Thanksgiving dinner option, so I don't know what else he would eat.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

I'll never understand the hate for them, they're ideal chapter breaks amidst the bullshit.

I literally have PPJ's posts bookmarked, because gently caress catching up on random threadshitting.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Addendum, the pumpkin pie was actually good.

gently caress Trump still stands.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Dad Jokes posted:

I'll never not be entertained by trumpers having incredibly sad thanksgivings to own the libs.

LOL I know some of the people in the pictures.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Dad Jokes posted:

Ya know, it's almost like people don't like to hang with dumb assholes. Go fig

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Despite everything I've seen I can't believe that tweet with that guy with an open faced sandwich of bologna and chips is real. That has to be a joke.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

1glitch0 posted:

Despite everything I've seen I can't believe that tweet with that guy with an open faced sandwich of bologna and chips is real. That has to be a joke.

Really? That's incredibly American to me... I never saw stuff like corn chips in sandwiches until I moved there.

Unless you just mean the fact it's open faced?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hope you all had a good thanksgiving, I was in charge of getting thanksgiving dinner set up for it and market basket has a 10 person full thanksgiving dinner in a box for 60 bucks, it made actually making dinner for the folks way simpler and the turkey and everything was great, precooked, pregibbed, just heat everything up etc. Also had a political talk inevitably and even my formerly conservative dad is entirely done with republicans, which is nice.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

jojoinnit posted:

Really? That's incredibly American to me... I never saw stuff like corn chips in sandwiches until I moved there.

Wait, do the English just never use corn chips instead of potato chips in their sandwiches? Cause I've only ever seen either fries or chips as a sandwich filling in the UK.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Nov 23, 2018

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

jojoinnit posted:

Potato chips on a sandwich isn't "American". It might be something you only see here, but only crazy mutants do that.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1065801315304071168

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Goddamn she is awesome. Can we borrow her for a bit in the UK at some point? The press just don't seem to be able to handle someone being unapologetically left wing. It's incredible.

Re: sandwich chat - we have chip butties in the UK but they're not much of a thing and they're UK chips (as in fries) not crisps. Sure you can put crisps in a sandwich but it's not exactly common.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Roblo posted:

Goddamn she is awesome. Can we borrow her for a bit in the UK at some point? The press just don't seem to be able to handle someone being unapologetically left wing. It's incredible.

Re: sandwich chat - we have chip butties in the UK but they're not much of a thing and they're UK chips (as in fries) not crisps. Sure you can put crisps in a sandwich but it's not exactly common.

Trade for corbyn

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I’ve been seeing chips as ingredients in like high-end/trendy NYC sandwich shops increasingly in recent years. Not sure if they’re doing it because they think they’re being “international” or if it’s an irony thing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I really hope she doesn't stop/slow down the savage twitterposting after she's actually sworn in.

Data Graham posted:

I’ve been seeing chips as ingredients in like high-end/trendy NYC sandwich shops increasingly in recent years. Not sure if they’re doing it because they think they’re being “international” or if it’s an irony thing.
Putting like 4 large chips in a burger to add crunch and a little flavor is fine, having a dozen or more is a bit much

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

1glitch0 posted:

Potato chips on a sandwich isn't "American". It might be something you only see here, but only crazy mutants do that.

Roblo posted:

My kingdom-mate here is correct. I've lived from Boston to LA and I've seen Americans do that everywhere. It might not be that common to you personally but it's absolutely a thing you guys will do sometimes that I've never seen anywhere else. I'm not saying I've seen it on restaurant menus but that I'm definitely the only one who ever found it odd when a friend would dump a layer of Lays or Doritos into any random sandwich.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Roblo posted:

There are crisp butties too. I had UK coworkers who loved them with whatever the hell salad cream is.

Personally, I think they're even more depressing than chip butties.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Nov 23, 2018

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

There are crisp butties too. I had UK coworkers who loved them.

Personally, I think they're even more depressing than chip butties.

They are more of an Irish thing.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I used to put potato chips in my tuna sandwiches. :shrug:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

(Call animal control and let them know you found someone's dog.) (Or, eat the dog.)

Dog is friend, not food.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Republicans posted:

I used to put potato chips in my tuna sandwiches. :shrug:

This is loving delicious and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

It makes sense for Ocasio-Cortez to be a bull in a china shop since Republicans are old, white, fragile and at times surprisingly inexpensive to buy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

eXXon posted:

It makes sense for Ocasio-Cortez to be a bull in a china shop since Republicans are old, white, fragile and at times surprisingly inexpensive to buy.
while hilarious and appropriate, I hope she doesn't turn out to be like an ACTUAL bull in a china shop, which mythbusters showed results in a very, very careful bovine maneuvering their way through the aisles carefully. :v:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1065948536498544640

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Can confirm, Tayto sandwich was a staple of my childhood lunchbox. Now as an adult who has put childish things aside, I prefer a Monster Munch sandwich

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

Trade for corbyn

Given his brexit stance, I'd be ok with that.

Like (most of) his politics, but he doesn't have the ability to engage with people (especially young people) like AOC does.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/newsweek/status/1065941785124294656?s=21

Apart from the obvious lie that he’s thankful for his family...Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Any goons working today? I think I am the only person on my floor...gonna start popping wheelies in the hallway Home Alone style.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Captain Invictus posted:

Hope you all had a good thanksgiving, I was in charge of getting thanksgiving dinner set up for it and market basket has a 10 person full thanksgiving dinner in a box for 60 bucks, it made actually making dinner for the folks way simpler and the turkey and everything was great, precooked, pregibbed, just heat everything up etc. Also had a political talk inevitably and even my formerly conservative dad is entirely done with republicans, which is nice.

Drove 12 hours to see family, and normally they don't want me to cook anything because I'm their guest and its the holidays and we should relax.

Laughed. Made scratch Mac and cheese and whipped cream. Wife made cornbread and pumpkin marble cheesecake. Nearly busted a table with food, and not a political discussion between us. No, we did those on the day running up to turkey.

I hope all the goons here had a wonderful thanksgiving, and that we're all well and rested to face the :hmbol:s again.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I am. I work on an e-commerce site and I never want to hear a retail worker complain again about Black Friday.

I think I legit have a stress ulcer. And it’s mostly just from the internal reporting structure/pressure if we have any issues.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

freeasinbeer posted:

I am. I work on an e-commerce site and I never want to hear a retail worker complain again about Black Friday.

I think I legit have a stress ulcer. And it’s mostly just from the internal reporting structure/pressure if we have any issues.

Someone just added 99 of the super discounted Black Friday special to their cart and now it won’t let anyone check out.

I work on the vendor side of e-commerce software, I feel your pain

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

friendbot2000 posted:

Any goons working today? I think I am the only person on my floor...gonna start popping wheelies in the hallway Home Alone style.

Ya I let most of my team take off. Ghost town here. Hoping for some indictments to shake the day up.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
At the office; partly to work and partly to escape an enraged Mrs.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

I am really curious how Tariffs will affect Holiday shopping this year. Like, if prices on things are increasing then that could dampen the shot of adrenaline retail gets around the Holidays.

To my fellow working goons, I develop a web-app for the National Guard and I am fielding questions about why it is so slow today and I have to explain to them that when everyone in their office is streaming Netflix, ESPN, and Youtube, it tends to make the Internet run slower...

Edit: Also, I am hungover as fuuuuuuuuuck. Collectively, we went through 20+ bottles of wine last night.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

friendbot2000 posted:

Amazon offered me the opportunity to take VET (Voluntary Extra Time). gently caress that, I'm gonna be busting my rear end for 60 hours come Sunday Night already.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

No Thanksgiving for me this year. I live abroad so it's not a thing. The first few years I was here we had office Thanksgiving but I left that job two years ago. Last year I went home for Thanksgiving. This year I just forgot about it until it was too late to plan anything.

Oh well! I did get the day off from work and had a nice nap in the afternoon. And today I'm going to probably buy a large bass guitar amp. So it's all good. I'll try to Skype with family this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I technically have today off but I'll check my email and probably spend a few hours on projects. Or maybe I'll work tomorrow instead.