Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yo I heard this MANIFEST show is real popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

bowmore posted:

rec me some tv shows to check out

recent favorites have been: deutschland 83/86, supernatural, elementary, fleabag, peep show, legion

Patriot
Get Shorty
Imposters
Killing Eve
Good Girls
Letterkenny

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mu Zeta posted:

The Americans and Little Drummer Girl?
I love The Americans, never heard of Little Drummer Girl

Oh what is this?

Rhyno posted:

Yo I heard this MANIFEST show is real popular
Never heard of it!

Slamhound posted:

Patriot
Get Shorty
Imposters
Killing Eve
Good Girls
Letterkenny
Haven't heard of any of these

Thank ya'll this is a lot of things to get stuck into

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Google tells me these all sound real good

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Little Drummer Girl is a spy mini series adaptation of a John Le Carre book directed by Park Chan Wook. Has Michael Shannon and Alexander Skarsgard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GZZ0oXsuQQ

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I've mentioned it before; Letterkenny is 5 seasons of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI2GVcjXXI8

Season 6 comes out on Christmas. I should probably make a thread.

Better to be looking at it than for it.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What. Always Sunny, Frazier, Seinfeld, none of those?

Seinfeld was decent for its time but I imagine that it has aged poorly, Frasier never did anything for me. I have never seen Always Sunny and don't know anything about it, but perhaps I will give it a shot sometime.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bowmore posted:

I love The Americans, never heard of Little Drummer Girl
Oh what is this?
Never heard of it!
Haven't heard of any of these

Thank ya'll this is a lot of things to get stuck into

Imposters is a good loving show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Imposters is a good loving show.

Was.

Sadly.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Was.

Sadly.

Ended well though.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Imposters had a nice run.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

bowmore posted:

Google tells me these all sound real good

Patriot is excellent. It's a spy show about incompetence that's very funny and very sad, and occasionally very violent.

It's like a Coen Brothers film, except made by people who have more optimism.

It was the goon fave last year? I think?

It's double good.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

bowmore posted:

recent favorites have been: deutschland 83/86, supernatural, elementary, fleabag, peep show, legion

The Last Kingdom is up to three seasons on Netflix, if you’ve never seen it! :woop:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It covers some of the same territory as Vikings but I think TLK is more consistently good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bowmore posted:

There's a really great little show called The Killing that you should check out

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Friends, I'm catching up on Hill House and I'll have you know my courage is such that I need only keep one mere lamp on and I barely close my eyes during the scary parts at all :colbert:

But seriously it's really good and the family drama stuff is quite compelling. Extremely well acted as well, and I love the editing and the way it flows back and forth through time seamlessly.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

zoux posted:

Friends, I'm catching up on Hill House and I'll have you know my courage is such that I need only keep one mere lamp on and I barely close my eyes during the scary parts at all :colbert:

But seriously it's really good and the family drama stuff is quite compelling. Extremely well acted as well, and I love the editing and the way it flows back and forth through time seamlessly.
It's like a horror Six Feet Under. I don't know that I'd say it's as good as Six Feet Under, but the similarities are palpable.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

There's a really great little show called The Killing that you should check out
Which version? I've seen the original Danish version and it was good but terribly depressing

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

The Last Kingdom is up to three seasons on Netflix, if you’ve never seen it! :woop:
yeah I keep seeing this around, i'll have to check it out

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I feel like I'm going insane because I could have sworn I watched Brooklyn 99 on Netflix and now it just isn't there. Did I imagine watching the first three episodes??

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I feel like I'm going insane because I could have sworn I watched Brooklyn 99 on Netflix and now it just isn't there. Did I imagine watching the first three episodes??

Hulu perhaps? I don't think it's ever been on Netflix US

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

It's on Hulu. P&R is still on Netflix but is also on Hulu. Good Place is on Netflix (first 2 seasons) and Hulu (current season). You may be thinking of 30 Rock, which was on Netflix for years before moving to Hulu.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

FYI, if you're a new or long time lapsed Hulu member they have a sale going for $0.99 a month for the next 12 months. Pretty crazy deal.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I would do that if Hulu existed in Canada :<

e: ffs why does cravetv still not have a ps4 app. only thing keeping me from giving bell money !!

sure I could pick up a chromecast for cheap but it's the principle of it all lmbo

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Oasx posted:

Seinfeld was decent for its time but I imagine that it has aged poorly

:wrong:

Unless the kind of aging you're talking about is "doesn't talk about instagram and millennials" (the dumb kind for dumbos), Seinfeld still owns.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bowmore posted:

Which version? I've seen the original Danish version and it was good but terribly depressing

The American version is much better, well worth checking out :)

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rarity posted:

The American version is much better, well worth checking out :)

Season 3 is fantastic. Just really good television.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Y’all are mean.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
He's not wrong that season 3 climbs to the heights of "Not terrible television". It's actually more insulting in a way. It's like "You know that actually competent prestige television thing they were going for? Yeah they totally could have done it at any time".

e: I mean holy poo poo should nobody go on that journey to find that out though.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Nov 24, 2018

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Season 3 of the US Killing blows the Danish show out of the water, and it's a real pity that most people was turned off by the first two seasons and never watched it. It's pretty much standalone, too, so you can just watch that and skip the rest of the show.

The really annoying thing is that Season 4 is somehow even worse than the the first two seasons, so who the hell was making Season 3? I sat through that poo poo because they impressed me with S3 and it was all a cruel joke, or something.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Nov 24, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm watching the Youtube red sci-fi show Origin.

It's pretty drat good so far after 4 episodes.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

X-O posted:

FYI, if you're a new or long time lapsed Hulu member they have a sale going for $0.99 a month for the next 12 months. Pretty crazy deal.

Fuuuuuck I just signed up for their 5.99 deal like a week and a half ago.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

I'm watching the Youtube red sci-fi show Origin.

It's pretty drat good so far after 4 episodes.

I just read the concept and... People trying to survive on a spaceship?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

MiddleOne posted:

I just read the concept and... People trying to survive on a spaceship?

It's Lost. In Space.

It's good, though I suspect it'll be overshadowed by Nightflyers. (How many British space slashers can you release in a month? Apparently two.)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's Lost. In Space.

It's good, though I suspect it'll be overshadowed by Nightflyers. (How many British space slashers can you release in a month? Apparently two.)

Nightflyers is GRRM, so not intrinsically British.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

It's Lost. In Space.

That's a oval office of a brush to tar it with.

It's a good show though, everyone in it has plenty to do.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yo The Little Drummer Girl is really really really good

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It's Lost. In Space.

With space Draco Malfoy! You should led with that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's Lost. In Space.
I think you're thinking of Lost In Space.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh my god by episode 4 The Little Drummer Girl has become my favorite show off the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Ok that was an infuriating season cliff hanger Origin went with.