Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
bill's a pretty good barber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
wasnt there a post in either this or the tv iv thread where it had a list of the thanksgiving episodes

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

bill's a pretty good barber

Yeah, and as much as they play it up as pathetic being a career military barber is probably the best job on the street. Kahn probably makes more money but he blew his security clearance for a military contract- meanwhile Bill is a military secret after they realize they can't cut his department or the officers will all have bad haircuts.

Also shaving the hair off jerk teen recruits is a hell of a revenge for a balding man, I tell you whut.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

also he looked pretty competent for the three seconds we got to see him as a tank commander before lenore ruined his life

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

also he looked pretty competent for the three seconds we got to see him as a tank commander before lenore ruined his life

Yeah... do we ever meet Lenore or do they just Marice her? I know we finally meet Luanne's parents Leanne and Hoyt and they're both trainwrecks. I wonder how much of Bill's meteoric fall is his own fault.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
She's in the episode with Ann Richards.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think the idea with Bill is that he'd be the most competent and successful of them all if he weren't such a pathetic sad sack.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
watching the one where peggy is jealous of bobbys home ec and its so funny. ive also been watching AD. It's also really good.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Paladinus posted:

She's in the episode with Ann Richards.

Oh that's right! Yeah it's probably mostly her fault.

I used to really hate the retcon of Peggy's family in the Montanna episode, but now that I've actually spent time in BSC I have to admit it fits her really well- ranchers are some of the most stubborn, infuriating people on the planet. And Hank mistaking deranged rambling for 'cowboy wisdom' oughta be the state flag. I'm pretty sure the government's approach to senior health around here is just old people drive their trucks into ditches and disappear in the snow.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Bill was really competent as a gay stylist too. For a little while.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Wasn't Bill a pretty good salesman whenever Peggy roped him into pyramid schemes? Bill is a multi-talented man who would excel at whatever he chose to do if he or Hank didn't sabotage him at every turn.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Yeah, and as much as they play it up as pathetic being a career military barber is probably the best job on the street. Kahn probably makes more money but he blew his security clearance for a military contract- meanwhile Bill is a military secret after they realize they can't cut his department or the officers will all have bad haircuts.

Also shaving the hair off jerk teen recruits is a hell of a revenge for a balding man, I tell you whut.

CAPTAIN: Okay, who here knows how to cut hair?
GAY SOLDIER: Don't answer! It's a trick!

I like when Luanne styles the recruits hair the smile of relief when it gets buzzed.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

You're not a jarhead, that's the Marines. This is the Army, you're a GRUNT!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Uh excuse me, but according to Bill's Army records, he's actually a master electrician with a clearance for pinball repair.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

haljordan posted:

Uh excuse me, but according to Bill's Army records, he's actually a master electrician with a clearance for pinball repair.

Not to mention he's a super-soldier, part of the government's secret project codenamed 'placebo'.

Bill is essentially Captain America with better taste in friends.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
too bad his only super power is being fat and hairy

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

too bad his only super power is being fat and hairy

His bad breath qualifies him as a superhero alone.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i've always wondered if this was something the army produced or if Dale made it for the slideshow

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
dale's skill is not that great. remember that he falls for doctored photos, but it could definitely be someone else's photoshop

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The blonde woman who lives here told me I like fruit pies.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Strickland Propane does not have a vending machine. It smells, and I thank God every day I get home that I didn't get exploded. The end.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

haljordan posted:

Strickland Propane does not have a vending machine. It smells, and I thank God every day I get home that I didn't get exploded. The end.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Wasn't Bill a pretty good salesman whenever Peggy roped him into pyramid schemes? Bill is a multi-talented man who would excel at whatever he chose to do if he or Hank didn't sabotage him at every turn.

Bill is his own worst enemy. He always goes way too far in every situation. Like the home gym or the beauty salon or the wheelchair thing. Or Arlen South Youth Baseball or the time he was put in charge of the flood shelter.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

haljordan posted:

*Propene

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

muscles like this! posted:

Bill is his own worst enemy. He always goes way too far in every situation. Like the home gym or the beauty salon or the wheelchair thing. Or Arlen South Youth Baseball or the time he was put in charge of the flood shelter.
I think the Heat Waver episode is the only one I've never watched twice because watching Bill allow himself to get more and more horribly sunburned was Scott's Tots-level of cringe for me.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I like the one where Bill rents the Christmas bounce house and has a sure thing with that mother, then when she brings him dinner for their date a week later he's still wearing the filthy Santa outfit.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I like the one where Bill rents the Christmas bounce house and has a sure thing with that mother, then when she brings him dinner for their date a week later he's still wearing the filthy Santa outfit.

Hank's "I've had enough of this Christmas crap! *door slam*" is one of the realest Angry Dad™ moments in the show. Mike Judge is such a good voice actor

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Not to mention he's a super-soldier, part of the government's secret project codenamed 'placebo'.

Bill is essentially Captain America with better taste in friends.

No no, the project name was Infinite Walrus, for which Bill was injected with P-fizer's deadly Placebo drug.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

The Bible posted:

No no, the project name was Infinite Walrus, for which Bill was injected with P-fizer's deadly Placebo drug.

Haha far funnier of course.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

We're not renting a bus.

IT'S FOR THE FREAKIN' CHILDREN

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I like how Bobby thinks Gary is the way he is because that's what Arizona is.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The guys showing up to watch the cowboys game with big williy lane in their sundays best is just good visual characterization

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What is bottle donkey?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

The guys showing up to watch the cowboys game with big williy lane in their sundays best is just good visual characterization

Also the debate over whether or not to stay for the post-game show.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

joshtothemaxx posted:

Bill was really competent as a gay stylist too. For a little while.

Loved it when Bill just broke down and shouted "I'M NOT GAY" in the middle of the salon.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

super sweet best pal posted:

Loved it when Bill just broke down and shouted "I'M NOT GAY" in the middle of the salon.

Hits close to home, don't it?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
"Mr. Strickland got up under more balls than a midget hooker." Is still the best line in 13 seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I love that line because you know whoever was at the censor office that day didn't understand it at all.