Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
ACTIVATE PROTOCOL SEVEN

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
OH poo poo OH gently caress THAT WASNT SUPPOSED TO BE A SNIPE!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Someone help I need to delete the internet

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
I wonder when they will break 2.2 million Citizens. They operate world-wide, but not even 2.2 million people even registered an account. With free play weekends.

I still get some mails, and I just registered over a ref-link and spent 0$.

I love that every image is made just for me and they track it.

I'm a Shitizen.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Launcher is working now but the in-game showroom is empty. Taken from my game just now:

this feels like a metaphor for something

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Someone help I need to delete the internet

Just type "Google" into Google.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Agony Aunt posted:

Just type "Google" into Google.

РӘДН ЫРШЕ ЗШЫЫ ФРРРРРРРРРРРР!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

New "Combat Starter" jpeg: only $75 real human dollars lmfao

*Note, this does not include a copy of the game

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sarsapariller posted:

Yeah, this clusterfuck of a game mimics Old Yeller. Take it behind the shed and end the misery. Well maybe a year from now, I'm still getting enjoyment from rabid backers.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Beet Wagon posted:

New "Combat Starter" jpeg: only $75 real human dollars lmfao

*Note, this does not include a copy of the game

Calling their poo poo "anniversary" for a game still in pre-alpha and no design document yet and an unsuitable engine and no space combat in their space combat game is totally normal and good. Anniversaries happen all the time to things that don't exist.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

For those attempting to sign up for the free flight event, the captcha stuff requires an electron microscope. What a loving farce.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

Launcher is working now but the in-game showroom is empty. Taken from my game just now:

[extremely Ian Malcolm voice] "Ah now, eventually you do plan to have spaceships at your spaceship expo, right? Hello?"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 23, 2018

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Kazan with the good take here, actually. Dunking on libertarians is cool and good, even if you do it in a super douchey way

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Oh, who has a referral code?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/1065825013108854789
https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/1066000764219215872
https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/1066004711671660544

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I dunno, can it punch above it’s weight?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Finally got through the account creation...man they are salty against refudians.

Did fine this line rich though.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's funny how I occasionally catch myself falling back into their trap lol. Been "playing" more to try and get dumb poo poo for youtube, and the disparity between my lovely starter ship and even like... the next price tier up is so huge that I've been sitting here watching FTR's stream of the expo and going "I wonder if I have enough store credit hiding somewhere to upgrade" lmfao

Thanks for making the new fighter JPEG like 75 fuckin dollars, CIG - you probably saved me from giving you five bucks out of weakness the desire to have my "gameplay" suck a tiny bit less.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 23, 2018

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The lorville nightmare is real btw. I finally got in an instance where the ships are on the showroom floor and rentable, but there are 20 other commandos trying to spawn ships at the 6 hangars and get the gently caress out of the city at the same time. Unfortunately if you are placed in the queue and it finally spawns your ship, it will not tell you which hangar it put the ship in. Since the elevators are magic teleport boxes that take 1+ minutes to cycle, you will have your pick of about 3 before your poo poo times out and the ship is repossessed. I'm standing at the elevators watching commandos sprint in and out, desperate to find the right one.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Well, I finally found my rental ship, and then spent 2 minutes trying to get into it. Finally got in, and messaged the landing comm to open the hangar doors. Instead, they reclaimed my ship, teleporting me underneath the world to fall to my death and start over.

gently caress Star Citizen

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

Well, I finally found my rental ship, and then spent 2 minutes trying to get into it. Finally got in, and messaged the landing comm to open the hangar doors. Instead, they reclaimed my ship, teleporting me underneath the world to fall to my death and start over.

gently caress Star Citizen

Failure is currently flying to the marker for his rental ship. It's 23 km away from where the elevator dumped him out. our elevators are real elevators, everyone. No smoke and mirrors, no smoke and mirrors, you're the smoke and mirrors.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ship commercials are back, featuring more excitement than has ever actually been in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpUnRqOsQUM

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I spent 20 minutes downloading the game and now the play button is gone and the website died again

star citizen is good

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

ship commercials are back, featuring more excitement than has ever actually been in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpUnRqOsQUM

Leave your enemies bewildered

That is an accurate summary of CIG's operating strategy, got to admit

Respawned, got a ship out of the hangar, am now on the 20+ minute flight back to Port Olisar to escape the helltrap that is Hurston. Why am I doing this again?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I like the fact that after jumping through hoops to create an account I have to wait for basically null activity from other family members before I download this dumpster fire.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

/r/starcitizen has successfully convinced some of its dumbest users that goons are ddosing CIG

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

welp, read about playing for free, downloaded the launcher from some random redditor since the games website is down and immediately got this error when trying to log in

"Unexpected token < in JSON at Position D"

real helpful.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

/r/starcitizen has successfully convinced some of its dumbest users that goons are ddosing CIG

... goons are probably responsible for the ships not appearing at the expo, and for the whole game lagging and stuttering like no tomorrow because they just loaded the whole server into the newest, worst performing area. Dastardly!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

welp, read about playing for free, downloaded the launcher from some random redditor since the games website is down and immediately got this error when trying to log in

real helpful.

They are giving you the D

Aurra
Feb 3, 2006

Shouldn't there be something resembling a 'play' button on the launcher? Am I missing something?
Is the joke that Star Citizen isn't actually a game and there's nothing to play?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Meanwhile in ED...

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/9zngdx/spoiler_and_things_get_even_more_strange_in_the/

Space squids have been discovered.

quote:

Makes Whale Sounds if encountered, scanned or shot at.

Do they scream "ITS ALPHA!" or "You don't understand software development!" ?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

... goons are probably responsible for the ships not appearing at the expo, and for the whole game lagging and stuttering like no tomorrow because they just loaded the whole server into the newest, worst performing area. Dastardly!

I'm fuckin dying

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beet Wagon posted:

He's getting upvoted. I've added an upvote myself. People need to see how broke brained some of these people are.

I'm trying to download the loving thing myself, but its now stuck.

Yeah, GG goonies! /s

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Aurra posted:

Shouldn't there be something resembling a 'play' button on the launcher? Am I missing something?
Is the joke that Star Citizen isn't actually a game and there's nothing to play?

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

real helpful.

The servers are currently on fire. It'll pass, or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Buy AMZN stock...who knows how much they are making now.