Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So Kaidou really did just want ace to join his crew so he could continue the theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Just noticed BB's Corrupt King captain guy has the same horns as Jack. Wonder if he's an old member of Kaidou's crew. In fact, there's probably a good chance all those Impel Down breakouts are affiliated withthe Emperors or the Rock pirates Garp took out.

Venuz Patrol posted:

haha, teach is wearing kuzan's shaded glasses

Nice catch.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
Who the hell is that random old guy sitting with Blackbeard?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

GoldenPrice posted:

Just one of the party guests, I think. Blackbeard seems like the sort of guy to go for an informal, 'we're all friends here' style - although if you're attractive and female, you get to be extra-friendly.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

GoldenPrice posted:

He's the guy who serves as Mac in that Always Sunny Dennis System episode. He gets the leftovers of the chicks Blackbeard bangs.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Demonicpoodle posted:

He's the guy who serves as Mac in that Always Sunny Dennis System episode. He gets the leftovers of the chicks Blackbeard bangs.

The Move in After Completion system. He's missed the crucial book though, so they'd think he was all smart and stuff.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I wanna go to a Blackbeard party

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Blackbeard's bounty is probably unusually low, given that he basically operates by waiting it out until the dust has settled and sweeping in to loot all he can.

It's only twice of Katakuri and Luffy's. Kaidou and Big Mom probably have 5 billion each

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also holy poo poo. Oda brings back Blackbeard... November 22 2018, the third centenary of IRL Edward Teach's death. Layers upon layers.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Plutonis posted:

Also holy poo poo. Oda brings back Blackbeard... November 22 2018, the third centenary of IRL Edward Teach's death. Layers upon layers.

Oda
Does it
Again

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

Oda
Does it
Again

O D. A

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I really love party-hard Blackbeard. Just chilling with his cool shades, three guns tucked into his pants, the classic pirate hat perched on his head, a large mug full of booze, big epic beard with a chick under each arm and some random old dude drinking himself silly off to the side.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

TheLoneStar posted:

I really love party-hard Blackbeard. Just chilling with his cool shades

Those are Kuzan's cool shades. :colbert:

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Those were Kuzan's cool shades.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And he even has a brace of pistols, now he just needs to put live fuses in his beard. It makes a funny amount of sense for Blackbeard's beard to grow with his power.

Clearly, Blackbeard's huge beard is actually made out of darkness. This is where Blackbeard stores the essences of extra devil fruits.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The final fight is going to be a davy back fight on blackbeards island. Do it Oda.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Does King have wings just like Magellan?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

alkanphel posted:

He instantly reminded me of Magellan, but King's wings are feathered while Magellan's are leathery.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

alkanphel posted:

King notably has wings that are like the Birkans, but black. I was under the impression that they were related to his likely Zoan but then I remembered... It's actually very rare for true, non-SMILE Zoans to display traits of the Zoan's appearance, outside of the Zoan form. So for example Lucci looked normal outside of his Zoan form, Kaku looked normal for One Piece standards, etc. Sooo. Those black wings are quite the mystery.

The theories I've heard so far for King's Devil Fruit are Yatagarasu. Maybe a gryphon. I dunno, something with wings that's mythical. There's a lot of those out there though, haha.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Mihawk has never been given a bounty so the question is whether he actually has one or how ludicrously big it must be

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think Magellan's wings are cosmetic, like his horns.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I wonder if it’s a coincidence how similar Blackbeard’s reveal and Whitebeard’s introductions are.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

GoldenPrice posted:

It's a new character without a name. So obviously Vegapunk.

Joking aside. loving amazing chapter. So much poo poo happened it felt like 2 weeks put into 1 chapter.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Yo I think most people forgot this, but the Suke Suke no Mi (Absalom's former fruit, now Shiryu's) can turn other things besides the user invisible. Anything they touch.

This has huge implications because now it's in the hands of an actually powerful user.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Who is going to get Morias fruit after he gets run through off screen

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Demonicpoodle posted:

Yo I think most people forgot this, but the Suke Suke no Mi (Absalom's former fruit, now Shiryu's) can turn other things besides the user invisible. Anything they touch.

This has huge implications because now it's in the hands of an actually powerful user.

If he doesn't get into an invisible sword fight with Zoro and half way through it is revealed his sword is some giant Berserk sword I'll be extremely disappointed.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TheLoneStar posted:

-I find it both a bit sad and disappointing that Absalom died off like that. Makes me wonder why Oda made him a field-reporter if nothing really came of it, and then to just kill him offscreen that way. And it's only been a few days in-universe since he last appeared, how did he get captured so fast?

He got Sanji'd. Pretty ladies told him to come party and it turned out to be a trap.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TheLoneStar posted:

That being said, really annoyed we missed the Revolutionaries and their attack, gently caress that poo poo.

this is 1000% gonna be a flashback and you know it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Who else had powerful fruits that were held back by their user? There's Foxy of course.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Zoro vs. Shiliew is gonna be so freaking cool

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Who else had powerful fruits that were held back by their user? There's Foxy of course.

Ace :colbert:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

drat, rip in peace foxy

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013

There was that explosion fruit in alabasta arc that the user masterfully utilized by flicking his boogers at people.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

U-DO Burger posted:

Zoro vs. Shiliew is gonna be so freaking cool

It's actually going to Sanji vs. Shiliew because he is going to be mad someone else got Absalom's fruit.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
the very big guy should have gotten the invisible fruit

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Absalom was scum, but I'm surprised at how bad his offscreen death feels. Probably because we learned about it from the perspective of Moria who really does care about his crew. What a reveal that was too.

Under any other context I'd expect Moria, selfish, lazy, and strong, to be totally on board with Blackbeard's offer. But after Absolom... I can't believe I'm so invested in Moria of all people about a decade after he was last relevant with just a single half chapter of screen time.

Blackbeard's new design owns so much. It's incredible.

King uses a katana and Queen seems to perhaps be an okama, so there's our Zoro and Sanji fights for this, probably the last and greatest 'traditional' One Piece arc.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Eiba posted:

Absalom was scum, but I'm surprised at how bad his offscreen death feels. Probably because we learned about it from the perspective of Moria who really does care about his crew. What a reveal that was too.

Under any other context I'd expect Moria, selfish, lazy, and strong, to be totally on board with Blackbeard's offer. But after Absolom... I can't believe I'm so invested in Moria of all people about a decade after he was last relevant with just a single half chapter of screen time.

Blackbeard's new design owns so much. It's incredible.

King uses a katana and Queen seems to perhaps be an okama, so there's our Zoro and Sanji fights for this, probably the last and greatest 'traditional' One Piece arc.

Eh, there's still good odds Zoro gets Orochi.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I want Franky to get sea stone darts

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Eiba posted:

so does luffy right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Jose posted:

so does luffy right now
luffy vs zoro confirmed

for whisky peak twenty years ago