Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1060672061037789185

god damnit this is adorable :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Seems like the PGA Tour is finally learning from the PR machine that is the European Tour.

In other news I'm playing a links-style course tomorrow and the high is 42F with 15-20mph winds gusting to 40 so proper links conditions I suppose. Winter gloves and hand warmers at the ready. I already brought my shoes and gloves inside from the garage so I don't have to put them on when they're pre-chilled tomorrow.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
This is the golf course in my home town. Not that I play there, it's terrible not just for all the elk damage to the greens.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/546568348712179/permalink/1905317629503904/

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

We decided to play a scramble today since it was 40 with 20+ mph sustained winds and shot 75 (2 birdies, 5 bogeys) which is a lot better than it sounds given the conditions. No doubles was an accomplishment.

Some highlights including my buddy hitting 3 wood into a 160 yard par 3 and barely making the green. Myself and one other guy hitting driver off the deck multiple times, on par 4s because there's no way we were getting their other than that and shockingly hitting them well. I hadn't hit driver off the deck in years and did surprisingly well.

Par 3s were honestly the hardest holes today. The par 3 my buddy barely reached on with a 3 wood I hit a 21* driving iron that started at the middle of the green and ended up 40 yards short and 25 yards left of the green.

It was pretty interesting playing in those wind conditions, don't know if I'd want to couple it with the temperature outside though.

The way the course is oriented there weren't very many holes that took advantage of the wind.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Man I really need to figure out my driver swing. I was just getting 145-148 ball speed with my 3 hybrid on a gc2, highest I got with my driver was like 150. Much more controllable and predictable shape with the hybrid too. Iron and hybrid speeds are like PGA tour or even slightly above, driver is LPGA.

Real golf is pretty much done for the year now but I really want to get this straightened out before the spring.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sounds like you have a controlled, repeatable swing with your irons and hybrids and try go all Hulk Smash with your driver. We all do it but but we also all know that sometimes swinging hard actually lowers club head and ball speed because you're out of sync.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah let your driver do the work. These days you really don't need to try to murder the ball.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah I think my season is over until my Kauai trip at the end of the year. It's already snowed a little bit, my nagging elbow injury from this summer is a touch flared up again, and I need to start working on a few things anyway. All in all a good season with a lot of improvement but I could have been a sub 20 handicap the last month to 6 weeks if my green side chipping and driver hadn't been complete rear end. My irons and wedges improved a ton but my off-season work is going to focus on chipping and the new technique I'm using, 150 yards and in with trying to hit more greens, and straightening out my driver because while my 3w has been the money club off the tee, I can get driver out there 280-290 total when I'm hitting it well and leaving that potential in the bag is a waste.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Good on Chucky Three Sticks for winning for the first time in 11 years and 9 months.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Yeah he and Rodgers both played real well, so did Webb Simpson.

Champ was in contention yet again, and on a course where he can only hit driver like 4 times or something like that. Looks like he's going to be contending a lot. I hope he gets in to the Masters.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Nice to see some of the older guys win.

Stayed up to see Danny Willett win the World Tour Championship. He looked a bit shaky in the middle of the round with Reed breathing down his neck but he had an amazing last 4 holes. Love that guy, was hard to see him struggle for so long. You could see how much it meant to him to get another big win.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/osD6SY0.mp4

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anyone else excited about Tiger vs Mickelson or am I the only rube?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

zapplez posted:

Nah, it's going to be awesome listening to them micced up

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

zapplez posted:

Super excited!

There's already a 200k bet on the first hole lol

I would've loved them to go fully Caddyshack and carry a briefcase with stacks of cash and just pull some out anytime a bet is made lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah just hearing the banter alone is gonna be worth it

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
If they just avoid the manufactured crap, like the "double it" initial bet, and just have a good time, I'd love it.

But, I think the broadcast is going to push them to "make it exciting" and I'd really rather just watch them walk 18, chat and play.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I’ll be watching, hopefully it’s a good match.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
If the people putting it on realize that people will be more than satisfied with the two of them poo poo talking and playing golf it'll be really fun to watch. If they add other stupid poo poo to try and make it anything more then it'll probably come off as forced and cheapen it.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Wish it was a drinking/golf competition. Last man standing!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

zapplez posted:

They’re getting my money but like everyone else said I hope they don’t manufacture any fake situations or drama. That’s the last thing anyone who’s willing to pay for this wants.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
It's dumb because a million dollars is chump change for both of these guys. It's the equivalent of two hacks betting 100 dollars at your local muni.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I guess I'm gonna buy this thing. Hope it's basically a straightforward round of golf.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Spectrum (formerly Time Warner and merged with Comcast I guess?) is terrible at some things, including finding PPV events. The website instructions don't work and the phone line gave me a message saying "Due to unforeseen circumstances, nobody can assist you, call back later." Doing searches for "Match" and "Tiger" and "Capital One" in the On Demand menu on my TV and in the regular channel search gave no results except the HBO show about it from a few days ago. Eventually I connected to one of their reps in chat on their site and she was able to tell me what channel it should be on, I punched it in and was able to order it on that channel and now I'm all set. I was starting to get pretty annoyed, this match better be worth it!

Dialogue is a little forced on the first hole lol

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 23, 2018

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Huh. Are the first 30 minutes on Bleacher Report free or something?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

That's an expensive putt by Phil, looked like he hit it where he wanted but it stopped breaking the last couple feet. $200k down the drain.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Nice read Phil.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

According to reddit it's now free-as-in-beer officially from BR because their app broke.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The sound from the planes/drones/helicopters buzzing overhead is giving this match a very ominous feeling.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Yeah I'm on this page and it's playing free in HD with no registration or log-in or anything https://live.bleacherreport.com/tiger-vs-phil/

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Boco_T posted:

Yeah I'm on this page and it's playing free in HD with no registration or log-in or anything https://live.bleacherreport.com/tiger-vs-phil/

Thank you!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Their app on Roku finally fixed itself. I was watching for free on a web browser but I’ll pay $20 to watch it on my big screen lol

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Definitely going to start using"side sauce" in my golf terminology.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
THe greens have been heavily aerated? Jesus, before a big match on TV?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

torgeaux posted:

THe greens have been heavily aerated? Jesus, before a big match on TV?

Yeah it's weird that they were both talking about the amazing condition of the course when they were walking down the first fairway, maybe they hadn't seen the actual greens yet?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
drat this poo poo is heating up

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

18th hole for everything. This was a fun watch

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I never liked Phil but lol at his version of the Jumpman on the back of his vest

I think he got about 2 inches off the ground when that jump happened

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Wow I would have made Phil try that birdie putt on 18. Playoff here we come!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Suprfli6 posted:

Wow I would have made Phil try that birdie putt on 18. Playoff here we come!

Ya I imagine Tiger doesn’t want to win on a miss like that.