Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Hey now, that's not entirely fair. The 30th anniversary mini was a Primaris Sergeant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Open day is a bust for me. Lol at bringing back Marneus Calgar like anyone gives a poo poo about him.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
It's cultists invading GW HQ

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Open day is a bust for me. Lol at bringing back Marneus Calgar like anyone gives a poo poo about him.

Rude.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

xtothez posted:

It's cultists invading GW HQ

drat GSC is rad as hell

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

TheBigAristotle posted:

drat GSC is rad as hell

I really like and hope they play up the "GSC as Light/Irregular/Insurgent Infantry" aspect rather than having them keep being "What if Imperial Guard but Genestealers?".

E: Additionally I hope they release that command table as a separate thing (without the blasphemous desecration of the holy aquila done by the unwitting dupes of the Great Devourer, obvs.), like in the next round of objectives?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 24, 2018

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Looking more closely at the Honor Guard, it’s pretty clear the Ultramarines logo is stamped into them all over. I was hoping maybe the big inverted omega on the shield would turn out to be an extra bit on the sprue you could leave off, but no.

(My guess now is they come on the same sprue as Marneus himself.)

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 24, 2018

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
DEM BIKES

DAT LADY SNIPER

DAT TACTICIAN AT THE CONSOLE

AAAAAAHHHHHH

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Oh look, a new titan.

:jerkbag:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
From the comments about the Noise Marine on the GW Instagram lol

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The noise marine is a great litmus test to see during which edition people entered the hobby as it turns out.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
This stratagem looks, I dunno, kinda useless?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Schadenboner posted:

Oh look, a new titan.

:jerkbag:

Oh look, the opinion of someone not in the hobby.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Schadenboner posted:

A normal 10 man squad with a heavy flamer, meltagun and combiflamer costs 135 points. For 1 cp, you get 16 bolter shots, 1 melta shot and 2d6 flamer shots that wounds t7 vehicles on 2s for the melta and 4s for everything else. With how easy it is to fill detachments with SoB, you can use stratagems like these forever.

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man

Schadenboner posted:

I can't remember the name of the Sister Heavy Weapon Squad, but getting +1 to wound with all of those weapons can make a huge difference. If they're plinking a T8 something, the bolters are now wounding on 5s, Heavy Flamers on 4s, and Meltas on 3s. It's situational but a +1 to wound can be huge. Especially if it plays into some other stratagem or ability they can get.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Two Beans posted:

Oh look, the opinion of someone not in the hobby.

Here:

O look a new Titan :jerkbag:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
My loving god, that noise marine. I need it.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Science Rocket posted:

I can't remember the name of the Sister Heavy Weapon Squad, but getting +1 to wound with all of those weapons can make a huge difference. If they're plinking a T8 something, the bolters are now wounding on 5s, Heavy Flamers on 4s, and Meltas on 3s. It's situational but a +1 to wound can be huge. Especially if it plays into some other stratagem or ability they can get.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a +1 damage stratagem as well.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

It makes sisters shred light targets very well and makes troops more versatile at taking on heavier targets, encouraging the massed infantry thing sisters have often been good at. A full unit of sisters wounding a horde on 2s is nothing to sneeze at.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Hixson posted:

Here:

O look a new Titan :jerkbag:

same. Make all the titans you want for AT but if they never release another 40k-scale Imperial Titan, it'll be fine

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I guess if you’re within 8 inches you probably aren’t going to be split-firing, so why not use the strat? It just seems like most sisters builds focus on making a squad do one thing well (Dominions pack meltas, battle sisters max out their bolter/storm bolter) rather than TACing it with a flamer and a melta? Maybe the new codex will change that but it seems like it would be impossibly expensive to have a unit carrying both under index rules.

Also: I’m the explicit trinitarianism (which pretty well undercuts what little we’ve seen of Imperial theology to date which has been centered on the single figure of the ever-immortal Emperor)?

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I just want more variety available for Primaris marines, the bigger model is easier for my old eyes to paint.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Schadenboner posted:

I guess if you’re within 8 inches you probably aren’t going to be split-firing, so why not use the strat? It just seems like most sisters builds focus on making a squad do one thing well (Dominions pack meltas, battle sisters max out their bolter/storm bolter) rather than TACing it with a flamer and a melta? Maybe the new codex will change that but it seems like it would be impossibly expensive to have a unit carrying both under index rules.

Also: I’m the explicit trinitarianism (which pretty well undercuts what little we’ve seen of Imperial theology to date which has been centered on the single figure of the ever-immortal Emperor)?

You don't play this game please shut up and leave discussion of how rules will work to people who actually do.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Didn't realise the Sisters Beta Codex / CA 2018 was out yet. Can you share the deets Schadenboner I'm interested in seeing the full rules before I make a judgement.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Pleased to see that they're continuing to stealth-squad lovely smol marine sculpts, and also that Noise Marine will be MINE and I will paint it in bone and pink and gold with black accents :hellyeah:

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Is that one-off plastic SoB still coming out this year?

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Pleased to see that they're continuing to stealth-squad lovely smol marine sculpts, and also that Noise Marine will be MINE and I will paint it in bone and pink and gold with black accents :hellyeah:

I hope they release a box of new 2e noise boiz so I don't have to buy 30 single models

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Can we get a thread moratorium on spoiling the Blackstone Fortress envelope? Like forever?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Beerdeer posted:

Can we get a thread moratorium on spoiling the Blackstone Fortress envelope? Like forever?

I'd like to say yes, but there's nobody in tg to enforce it.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Booley posted:

I'd like to say yes, but there's nobody in tg to enforce it.

I’d say Gentleman’s Agreement but... you know.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

richyp posted:

Didn't realise the Sisters Beta Codex / CA 2018 was out yet. Can you share the deets Schadenboner I'm interested in seeing the full rules before I make a judgement.

How embarrassing. I forgot that speculations on changes proposed rules will cause wasn’t a thing we did in this thread.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's amazing that they haven't introduced a new titan in like 25 years, and that's the best they can do

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Schadenboner posted:

"The holy trinity" has referred to the Sisters using bolters, flamers and meltas for decades. There's explicit reference to it in the Witch Hunters codex, for example.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hustlin Floh posted:

It's amazing that they haven't introduced a new titan in like 25 years, and that's the best they can do

I shudder to think what the profile will be on that one giant gun

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Its not like it could be satirical or anything.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

Schadenboner posted:

How embarrassing. I forgot that speculations on changes proposed rules will cause wasn’t a thing we did in this thread.

They weren't piling in, they didnt realize that a preview of the beta codex in CA had been teased in a community post.

On topic, as someone who tried out skar boyz last night, its shocking how much that extra help on wounding can do.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
May have got the GSC bug after today's reveals - is there really an easy way of starting this army outside the out of stock battleforce box?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Deified Data posted:

May have got the GSC bug after today's reveals - is there really an easy way of starting this army outside the out of stock battleforce box?

Tooth and Claw is the best bet.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Not unless you can find a copy of Overkill. Wouldn't be a shock for a Start Collecting to release along with the codex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

slut chan posted:

They weren't piling in, they didnt realize that a preview of the beta codex in CA had been teased in a community post.

On topic, as someone who tried out skar boyz last night, its shocking how much that extra help on wounding can do.

No actually I knew exactly what had been teased and was piling onto schaden because he's an idiot who doesn't play 40k or understand the rules or have any interaction with the game beyond constantly coming up with dumbass army ideas that don't actually work and he'll never make.