Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

On Norman, you can find some of his trademark bombs in the secret room. I wanna say there's tech blueprints for a glider too, but I may have made that part up.

There is, it's a military project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also the helmet is obviously gonna get Gobb'd up

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I want the next game to have Peter trying to help the world out by working at Oscorp on hyper efficient personal gliders to cut down on pollution and aid in search and rescue.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Skwirl posted:

I want the next game to have Peter trying to help the world out by working at Oscorp on hyper efficient personal gliders to cut down on pollution and aid in search and rescue.

Hahahaha, oh god yes. And have those pumpkins MJ saw be a vaccination delivery system you help improve.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I beat Spider-Man last week and Platinum-ed the game, here's my thoughts:

I cried like a baby with the Aunt May scene telling how proud she is of him.

I saw a lot of complaints about Mr. Negative in reviews just disappearing after Ock takes over, but I didn't clear all the demon stuff before this happened, it felt like he was still a big part.

I kinda wish the Sinister Six battles were split up more, they had cool ides how the battles played out but I think it'd been neat to fight them individually.

Far as Goblin, I was REALLY surprised about Harry, but you know they cast the right person for Norman, it's the actor that played Bogs in Shawshank Redemption. He'll have a great character turn in the next one guaranteed.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Finished spider man, loving great,I'm more surprised at the revelation that Norman really cares about Harry. I think it's the first time I can remember that Norman had something more than disdain for his son.

Also otto's heel turn was a little fast, but drat it made for a good emotional finale. It gave Peter and Otto a connection without feeling contrived. This is by far my favourite portrayal of doc ock.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 9, 2018

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Monaghan posted:

Finished spider man, loving great,I'm more surprised at the revelation that Norman really cares about Harry. I think it's the first time I can remember that Norman had something more than disdain for his son.

Easy to love someone when they're sick and in some kind of coma. In most stories it's not that Norman has no love at all for his son but that he's also very disappointed in him at the same time. We already know from the Research Stations that Harry is at odds with Oscorp. Let's see how Norman acts when Harry wakes up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Monaghan posted:

Also otto's heel turn was a little fast, but drat it made for a good emotional finale. It gave Peter and Otto a connection without feeling contrived. This is by far my favourite portrayal of doc ock.

Otto had the Heel turn early on. Once he started getting backed by AIM and is starting work on the new Arms after losing his money to Osborn he had already done the turn. He has parts for Electro, Vulture and Rhino in his lab, plans for the Raft Breakout and his villain suit. He just dresses that stuff up as something else. But he starts his plan from early on in the game.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

New suits in next week's Spider-Man DLC!

https://twitter.com/BillRosemann/status/1052258520345632768

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Are you loving kidding me that Kaine's Scarlet Spider is going to be DLC

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Samuringa posted:

Are you loving kidding me that Kaine's Scarlet Spider is going to be DLC

There's a DLC story that includes Kain's Scarlet Spider suit. There's dozens of suits in the base game, including the original Scarlet Spider suit.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
I've played the entire game and lamented the whole way there was no Kaine suit, now they drop it as DLC, thus my annoyance

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Is New Game+ in yet?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's this week apparently

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

"Our executive team insisted that what was popular about Guardians of the Galaxy, was darkness and violence, and sadness," said Buck. "And that people did not associate humour with that brand... So we redid the first two episodes to be less funny and more dark and more violent and more sad, and that's the game that shipped. And one of the biggest comments in editorial, was that it felt very off-tone for Guardians of the Galaxy and wasn't very funny. And we were like 'we know'."
But this highlighted another core problem within Telltale, Buck added; it's not just the "fundamental misunderstanding" from the executive team, but also an unwillingness to listen, and on the occasions they did, "it was very, very often an uphill battle, and one that was scary to fight".

"If you fought it too hard, you would be taken off a project, replaced, or even let go, and that happened to people on a number of occasions," said Buck. "So we were trying as hard as possible to cater to who our executive team thought out fanbase was, this core gamer-type audience. And we did cultivate a pretty large audience of that type as well all of the other types of people."
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-10-18-a-post-mortem-of-telltale-games
:allears:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

... Who the gently caress looked at Guardians of the Galaxy and thought 'darkness, violence and sadness' was the defining characteristic? It's a goddamn film franchise where the main character finds out his father murdered his mother and his response is to turn into goddamn Pac-Man during the epic fight.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

ImpAtom posted:

... Who the gently caress looked at Guardians of the Galaxy and thought 'darkness, violence and sadness' was the defining characteristic? It's a goddamn film franchise where the main character finds out his father murdered his mother and his response is to turn into goddamn Pac-Man during the epic fight.

Like fine the opening scene is a boy being sad because his mom died of cancer but immediately after you have the same character dancing and goofing off to come and get your love and it just doesn’t stop from there

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The game is supposed to be based on the comic, but that’s still a miss.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Calaveron posted:

Like fine the opening scene is a boy being sad because his mom died of cancer but immediately after you have the same character dancing and goofing off to come and get your love and it just doesn’t stop from there

I wonder if that's the case: some executive was too ripped on fine nose candy to watch more than the opening scene of the first movie and decided it was a tragedy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I started the Spider-Man DLC. It basically takes you out of the main game and puts everything the equivalent of an instanced city. You can't do any of the side stuff (other than the secret photo ops, it looks like), and it has its own. You do retain all your stuff, though. Also it adds Heavies with giant guns who are annoying as gently caress.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Just started the Spidey DLC myself. Detective Mackey is totally Black Cat's dad, right?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ZDar Fan posted:

Just started the Spidey DLC myself. Detective Mackey is totally Black Cat's dad, right?

yup, though I'm an idiot and didn't figure it out until the end of the sidequest where they told me

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AWRR92W5gg

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Ultimate difficulty is actually hard. I need to remember to use more gadgets than just my default webs. Rockets will basically kill me if I'm not at full health, and jumping into the middle of a group of badguys just isn't a survivable option anymore!

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Soonmot posted:

Ultimate difficulty is actually hard. I need to remember to use more gadgets than just my default webs. Rockets will basically kill me if I'm not at full health, and jumping into the middle of a group of badguys just isn't a survivable option anymore!

Yeah, I finished NG+ on Ultimate for bragging rights, but went right back down to Spectacular for the DLC. For me, the biggest issue (apart from higher damage, as you mentioned--I don't think you can ever take more than three hits in a boss fight) is the increased webbing required to bind enemies, especially brutes (who were a big enough pain in the rear end in the first place).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is electricity still one shot on them? You do get that very early.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it does, but it takes an entire clip of normal webs, gravity bomb works too. New game+ keeps your gadgets/costumes

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I've just had to focus on them as soon as they appear and Gravity bomb the gently caress out of them. They are ridiculously hard.

edit: Oops I was referring to the Minigun toting thugs

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Jesus, Taskmaster's challenges were pain enough but Screwball's are a whole all-new, all-annoying level of gaaaaaaaaah.

PHOTOBOMB!

Plus she hurts Pete's feeling if you don't get plat :(

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sentinel Red posted:

Jesus, Taskmaster's challenges were pain enough but Screwball's are a whole all-new, all-annoying level of gaaaaaaaaah.

PHOTOBOMB!

Plus she hurts Pete's feeling if you don't get plat :(

I got gold on all of them on the second try. Found them much easier than the taskmaster ones.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I legit just did enough of em to get all the suits and the trophy. gently caress these challenges.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
The Stealth and the Combat challenges were fun. The Bomb challenges were weird and the Drone challenges were not meant for human hands.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I meant Screwball's challenges

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Has there been any news lately on the Rocksteady Superman game? I think it was announced officially last year some time and I've not seen hide nor hair of it since then.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CzarChasm posted:

Has there been any news lately on the Rocksteady Superman game? I think it was announced officially last year some time and I've not seen hide nor hair of it since then.

It hasn't been officially announced, and rumors from legit sources only really started appearing in May of this year (there was some 4chan BS from late last year, but gently caress counting that). I wouldn't expect to hear anything until next year's E3.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also the rumors now are it’s a Justice League game.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I guess they could announce it at The Game Awards.

Remember those?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Also the rumors now are it’s a Justice League game.

I know this won't be what we get, but I'd love a DC game similar to Marvel Ultimate Alliance with lots of deep cut characters (as well as the favorites, I don't hate DC's big guns but don't love them as much as I do Marvel's, with the exception of Wally West, who is great). I wanna save the Multiverse with my team of Mr.Miracle, The Question, Deadman, and Starman (Jack, of course, although they could put other variations like Will and Mikal in as alts).

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I just finished all the story content for Spider-Man (the main game and the DLCs) and good golly they put Pete through the ringer.

My one pet peeve is that the music leans heavily on Elfman's Raimi score, and there are some cues that remind me of the theme from Avengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The game opens with the old Marvel Studios ident. They're trying very hard to brand this as "a Marvel movie, but it's a game".