Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CODChimera posted:

Are you guys seeing a ton of DH Karthus? It seems insanely popular on OCE at the moment.

Karthus will constantly stack DH throughout the game due to the nature of his kit, even if he's not doing well, so his R turns into an unavoidable half health nuke for a lot of champs. It helps that double mage botlanes are making a comeback due to most ADCs, with the exception of Lucian/Draven/Kai'Sa, being total dogshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

strong bird posted:

it is still funny

im afraid it is not and i am going to have to issue 3 demerits to your posting license for this

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
it is pretty funny if youre gay and confused to why riot's best idea for gay (male) representation is two dudes and a bow fused into a mediocre adc.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

varus has been a top three adc for months but go off i guess

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
riots hate for women is so strong that they fused 3 men into one superstrong ancient greek male power fantasy

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Hmm I always assumed this thread was doing a weird comedy bit or at the very least exaggerating in some way whenever Varus's rewritten backstory would come up but this last round prompted me to actually go read it and huh, he actually is two gay guys and an evil bow. That is some wild poo poo

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

strong bird posted:

it is still funny

???

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
look, if we're getting rid of dead old jokes, can we get the thread out of eve's rear end please?

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

do not get a drat thing out of eve's, or my, rear end

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Hmm I always assumed this thread was doing a weird comedy bit or at the very least exaggerating in some way whenever Varus's rewritten backstory would come up but this last round prompted me to actually go read it and huh, he actually is two gay guys and an evil bow. That is some wild poo poo
They've been pussyfooting around a relationship between Diana and Leona for years and randomly decided "hmm let's retcon the guy with a wife and kid and turn him into a gay couple"

The reasoning is because nobody was invested in the wife or kid because he didn't mention it in-game like Lucian does. New Varus doesn't mention he's two guys either. I can't even tell you the names of either guy.

I can still go even further than that, who is even aware that Kassadin is Kai'Sa's father

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

varus has been a top three adc for months but go off i guess

He is the top three adcs

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

kingcobweb posted:

He is the top three adcs
He is technically three ADCs

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

He's a bottom adc too.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

He's several gay archers, to boot

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

what have i done...

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Isn't Kindred like one dude in two bodies?

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

porfiria posted:

you're thinking of two very gay dudes in one body, and that is varus, the subject of our discussion

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

before you hit that report button, know that these are my preseason posts. once the season begins i will return to posting about what abhorrent samurai or ninja must be immediately removed from the game

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
it sucks that if you're a weeb, you have to be like an assassin or some poo poo

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

No? It's good to identify weebs on sight.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

porfiria posted:

No, Kindred is the world's personification of death that got lonely and cut himself in half. They're spirits so I don't think they can actually have gender but Lamb is one half and referred to as "she" generally while Wolf is the other half and referred to as "he."

I recommend actually reading their fluff; they are a very good personification of death, I think. Lamb takes those that stoically accept their death and don't try to avoid it. Her way out is the calmer, less painful one. Wolf goes after those that try to run or resist and he brutally rips them apart.

From a gameplay standpoint you really play Lamb who can summon Wolf with abilities.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

pog boyfriend posted:

what have i done...

i blame you directly pog

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

RealFoxy posted:

They've been pussyfooting around a relationship between Diana and Leona for years and randomly decided "hmm let's retcon the guy with a wife and kid and turn him into a gay couple"

The reasoning is because nobody was invested in the wife or kid because he didn't mention it in-game like Lucian does. New Varus doesn't mention he's two guys either. I can't even tell you the names of either guy.

I can still go even further than that, who is even aware that Kassadin is Kai'Sa's father

AFAIK Leona/Diana has always been a fanbase thing + Diana being a lesbian according to her designer. It's never been said Leona isn't straight (and in fact it probably makes for a stronger theme for Diana if she is). Doesn't take away from Varus being a really silly way to do a gay champion tho

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

leona can be bisexual you loving cowards

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Diana was almost outwardly confirmed as gay and Leona was fairly indifferent to everything.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

Transient People posted:

AFAIK Leona/Diana has always been a fanbase thing + Diana being a lesbian according to her designer. It's never been said Leona isn't straight (and in fact it probably makes for a stronger theme for Diana if she is). Doesn't take away from Varus being a really silly way to do a gay champion tho

neeko is as close as they've come to doing a queer character right: character queer, so what

varus was almost certainly "we'll let you release some fiction tangentially mentioning queerness but we're not going to support it in the game in case there's significant blowback"

leona/diana is the weak fan's cait/vi

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
dont tempt me to write a power ranking of Top League Of Legends Gays i read all 3 league fanfics ever written ill loving do it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Is this normal chat for the thread?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Lol

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Yeah you’re right let’s go back to long posts about Canadian IT woes and CSI zoom enhances of Khazix in my belly button

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
don't erase Leona ok

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I really want that new Leona skin, it's so good!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Vermain posted:

Karthus will constantly stack DH throughout the game due to the nature of his kit, even if he's not doing well, so his R turns into an unavoidable half health nuke for a lot of champs. It helps that double mage botlanes are making a comeback due to most ADCs, with the exception of Lucian/Draven/Kai'Sa, being total dogshit.

Kai'sa is dog poo poo too

Ashe meanwhile is really good under the radar.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Isn't Kayn a twink and a power top?

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

Lid posted:

Isn't Kayn a twink and a power top?

yeah and rhaast is the scythe

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Kayn is incel

Rhaast is vocel

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Lid posted:

Kai'sa is dog poo poo too

She's good as one of the few remaining hyperscalers that doesn't get absolutely clobbered past midgame due to her ability to build Banshee's/Zhonya's without a loss in effectiveness. A major part of the issue with non-early ADCs is that defensive itemization is severely limited, especially if you're dependent on crit, which makes you highly vulnerable to divers unless your team is built around keeping you alive. Kai'Sa has the ability to play around that a lot better with R and Banshee's/Zhonya's compared to her contemporaries, since she spikes surprisingly hard off of only Stormrazor + Guinsoo's.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

i love dark harvest combos

https://i.imgur.com/kncTMoe.mp4

EvilUrchin
Jun 13, 2007

Sigmar's Fist: 5 Star Crash Rating
And I love dumbass Zoes

https://i.imgur.com/5whv8xf.mp4

EvilUrchin fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Nov 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

So they buffed Annie's auto range back up but I don't think I've seen her bot since then. I thought that was the primary reason she got kicked out of support?