Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Captain Cappy posted:

Is there any proof that someone has been DDOSing the servers? It feels way to convenient to blame everything on it especially when it has been going on non-stop forever. I feel like maybe Squenix's terrible coding has caught up with them and they don't know what to do about it.

You post like a real weirdo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I mean, if we're tinfoil hatting why not go all out

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:DDOSes will continue as long as WoW is bleeding subs at a prodigious rate.:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

@!#*%$# ACTIVISION!!! :argh:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Ainsley McTree posted:

The low level ones that just look like walking sticks are pretty jaunty, that’s what I went with.

I ended up picking up the Inferno Rod, because the silver matches the silver accents on the coat nicely and it looks loving awesome lit up, though I ended up picking up a low level staff that looks alright too.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

dolphinbomb posted:

Scholar also has the best glam options.

<3

BAE

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Violently Car posted:

piss cave is actually fun as a warrior once you know how to do it

as a fairly new tank who got blind dropped into AV the other day: please tell me How To Do It

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

Blockhouse posted:

as a fairly new tank who got blind dropped into AV the other day: please tell me How To Do It

Well, specifically as a Warrior: The answer is Steel Cyclone forever and to use your cooldowns properly for big pulls. It's harder on Paladin or Dark Knight because they don't have Steel Cyclone, but a Dark Knight can use a Dark Arts + Dark Passenger combo if needed for survivability. Paladins can I guess just flash a bunch if they realllly just need to survive. For the opening room, which is the hardest part, stick to the left wall and try to carefully pull things with your ranged aggro grabber, then run back to a safe spot. Assume your allies are idiots who don't pay attention to where they're standing and get them as far away from the adds. Bosses are standard fare. Keep in mind that you can dodge nearly everything Coincounter does by looking at the cast bar and just walking out of range of the attacks. Once you're out of the first room, honestly, it becomes a fairly standard dungeon.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Violently Car posted:

For the opening room, which is the hardest part, stick to the left wall and try to carefully pull things with your ranged aggro grabber, then run back to a safe spot. Assume your allies are idiots who don't pay attention to where they're standing and get them as far away from the adds. Bosses are standard fare. Keep in mind that you can dodge nearly everything Coincounter does by looking at the cast bar and just walking out of range of the attacks. Once you're out of the first room, honestly, it becomes a fairly standard dungeon.

This is the big thing. Do Not Big Pull the first room of AV unless you're unsynced. You can't handle it, the healer can't handle it and the dps can't handle it.

After the first room you're generally free to do things normally (double pulls are generally fine) but that first room is a killer designed to get you in over your head.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Here's the way to do Aurum Vale: open the duty finder and hit leave.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain Cappy posted:

Just got my BLM to level 70 and it seemed fun until I had to do mechanics.

Yeah. :( It's really fun in a vacuum but I just can't handle it with stuff to dodge. I'm too bad.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Violently Car posted:

piss cave is actually fun

:thunk:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE ENTIRE ROOM. We just want to cut a path straight from the ramp to the boss room entrance.

First pull: you're going to want to grab the first few dudes right in front of you, and then make your way to the left. Turn them facing outwards, if any patrolling adds get in range, you want them hitting you, not aggroing onto the healer, and then you have to reposition and poo poo.

Second pull, hug the left wall, and then LoS everything that aggros around the corner, just inside the line that demarcates the boss arena. We big boy tanking now. Breaking LoS makes the ranged mobs close the gap, stacking them with everything else melee.

From there on, if you use your cooldowns well, you should be fine.

Let the morbol seeds hatch, they increment the combo counter and can stack XP multiplier up.

Uhhh.... eat the fruit?

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 25, 2018

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I would rather do Aurum Vale than any of the following:

- Brayflox
- Totorak
- Qarn (Normal)
- Dzemael Darkhold
- Dusk Vigil, sometimes, depending on my mood

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Time to go finish this Alexander stuff. Won't be too long until I finally step into actual level 70 raid content, at which point I suppose I'll start actually communicating with the Excalibur goon guild I'm part of.

Violently Car posted:

piss cave is actually fun as a warrior once you know how to do it

Ah, that's the dungeon where this healer blamed a wipe on both the tank being undergeared (they had like level 40-45 gear) and on me (on my summoner) not using that mana transfer on him. They then dropped group.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Monathin posted:

I would rather do Aurum Vale than any of the following:

- Brayflox
- Totorak
- Qarn (Normal)
- Dzemael Darkhold
- Dusk Vigil, sometimes, depending on my mood

I would literally do all of those, in sequence, on my MCH, in exchange for getting out of a AV run.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

AV is super easy and way faster than the listed dungeons if the tank knows how to LOS pull and the players are able to do the boss mechanics.

This is admittedly a fairly large "if".

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

If farming two ARR relics taught me anything, it's that the best way to run Aurum Vale is to sac pull and skip most of the trash and get out of the instance ASAP.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

even if your AV run is going "well", you're still in AV. At least Brayflox looks cool

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Captain Cappy posted:

Here's the way to do Aurum Vale: open the duty finder and hit leave.

God I hate this sentiment so much. AV blows, but what blows harder is sitting through a 20+ minute dps queue only for the tank or healer to bail because they didn't roulette into a dungeon they wanted.

Quit being poo poo and do the dungeon.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

homeless snail posted:

even if your AV run is going "well", you're still in AV. At least Brayflox looks cool

AV has Malboros which are the coolest enemies in final fantasy, automatically making it cool.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Ytlaya posted:

To be honest I'm a little disappointed that, even level synced, higher ilvl apparently allows groups to steamroll these Alexander fights.

*Brute Justice comes in*

*transformation sequence*

*bombastic music*

*dies 20 seconds later*

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If you're doing AV not in squad dungeons you get what you deserve.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Vitamean posted:

God I hate this sentiment so much. AV blows, but what blows harder is sitting through a 20+ minute dps queue only for the tank or healer to bail because they didn't roulette into a dungeon they wanted.

Quit being poo poo and do the dungeon.

is joke!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Saint Freak posted:

Leveling Roulette exists, my dude

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Countblanc posted:

AV has Malboros which are the coolest enemies in final fantasy, automatically making it cool.
And in 2 months when I become a malboro, AV will have nothing left for me

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Saint Freak posted:

exactly; you get a fun dungeon with some cool mechanics. who could ask for more?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

*Brute Justice comes in*

*transformation sequence*

*bombastic music*

*dies 20 seconds later*

I had watched this youtube guide and was all like "hell yeah I'm familiar with these mechanics now, let's do this" and then the boss either dies before it can do all its mechanics, or failing a mechanic just makes a player lose like 1/4 of their health.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Has anyone else seen bot tanks in leveling roulettes? I don't even know if they're bots but they run really weird like the squadron AI does and basically move a few yalms forward then stop and repeat that for the whole dungeon. I thought it was just a newbie at first but one of the dps said it was a bot and the guy didn't respond at all. Do people on playstation just run like that all the time? Is this just another conspiracy theory? Thanks.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ytlaya posted:

I had watched this youtube guide and was all like "hell yeah I'm familiar with these mechanics now, let's do this" and then the boss either dies before it can do all its mechanics, or failing a mechanic just makes a player lose like 1/4 of their health.

Watching guides for old content will always be like this. Watch stuff on extreme primals or current content if you feel like it, but watching videos on old normal modes will generally be a waste of time due to ilevel increase.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Captain Cappy posted:

Just got my BLM to level 70 and it seemed fun until I had to do mechanics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dybFvTcAOf4

repeat after me: healers adjust

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I soloed T13 last night since it was the only part of coil I didn't finish during 2.x and it took me like an hour to balance dps/mp/cds so I could survive 2 sets of flare stars. Aside from that it was pretty trivial though.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Captain Cappy posted:

Has anyone else seen bot tanks in leveling roulettes? I don't even know if they're bots but they run really weird like the squadron AI does and basically move a few yalms forward then stop and repeat that for the whole dungeon. I thought it was just a newbie at first but one of the dps said it was a bot and the guy didn't respond at all. Do people on playstation just run like that all the time? Is this just another conspiracy theory? Thanks.

I ran Aurum Vale yesterday with a tank who wouldn't answer any of us in chat, gobbled up all the morbol fruit before the first boss even started, wiped us (because he never ate the morbol fruit after the fight started) three times, and then dropped, still without ever saying a word once. The other DPS in the party swore up and down that this guy had to be a bot, so it's not just you who thinks they're out there.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's really cool how much content is in this whole raid series. I expected it to be like Coils where there were only a few quests, but this one has quests/cutscenes for every single encounter.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i want the fending chest piece from skalla so i've run it a handful of times today

it's irritating because since it's current content you don't get a guaranteed drop of something you can wear at the end, so i'm just trying to get lucky. doubly annoying since the only people queueing for this are people who need it for MSQ progression really. so i'm getting a lot of

at least i'm probably a good tank? :v:

and at least it's fun to tank lvl 70 dungos where i have full rotation

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Ytlaya posted:

It's really cool how much content is in this whole raid series. I expected it to be like Coils where there were only a few quests, but this one has quests/cutscenes for every single encounter.

Omega?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No, I'm doing Alexander. I haven't done any SB raid content yet. I took a break after finishing the pre-patch SB MSQ to go back and do the Heavensward raid content (already did Warring Triad, going through Alexander now).

edit: Basically it was a neat surprise to have this be so much more involved than the Coils stuff was (which was cool, but didn't have nearly this many quests)

edit2: It's also a lot more convenient than Coils was, since as a healer it only takes 5-10 minutes in duty finder each time (as opposed to waiting for something to pop up in party finder)

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Nov 25, 2018

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I did Alexander a few weekends ago and was blown away by the story. It's really, really good and full of character and great set pieces.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The real question: which is the better buttrock track, Rise or eScape?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Yes. :colbert:

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

edit2: It's also a lot more convenient than Coils was, since as a healer it only takes 5-10 minutes in duty finder each time (as opposed to waiting for something to pop up in party finder)

Yeah alexander is in the raid roulette, while coil isn't. Very likely due to the reason that there is no story/savage version of Coil and so the synced down pubbies would have issues getting trough most of it, meanwhile storymode Alex should be a walk in the park just as you stated, since its tuned to be much lower challenge in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Ibblebibble posted:

The real question: which is the better buttrock track, Rise or eScape?

The correct answer, as always, is OBLIV~III~ON