Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Everyone deserves a Pokemon Snap experience.

I really want a modern Pokemon Snap with Gyro aiming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Andrast posted:

I really want a modern Pokemon Snap with Gyro aiming

the Wii U was the time and that time has passed

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

the Wii U was the time and that time has passed

The Switch is the time

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Andrast posted:

The Switch is the time

it’s not the same because you either use the tablet or you use the tv and you never use both at the same time.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Release a Wii U game in 2019 IMO

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

it’s not the same because you either use the tablet or you use the tv and you never use both at the same time.

Yeah it would be better because I don't want to use both at the same time

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Andrast posted:

Yeah it would be better because I don't want to use both at the same time

It would be like you were actually holding the camera!!! It would be awesome!! gently caress!!!! poo poo!!!!!! You are so wrong about this!! God drat!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Release a Wii U game in 2019 IMO

do it and bring back the Miiverse Nintendo you scum

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

It would be like you were actually holding the camera!!! It would be awesome!! gently caress!!!! poo poo!!!!!! You are so wrong about this!! God drat!

I don't want to hold a camera! I want to play Pokemon Snap with Gyro!

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

precision posted:

Apropos of not much but I just stopped gaming to watch this literally ten times in a row:

https://youtu.be/0SG6yDSbtxU

I mean god drat

How is she controlling the bass drum?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I think the series I always felt bad about not playing more of are Kirby/Castlevania/Mega Man. I have played some of them (Kirby Canvas Curse/Mega Man 1/2/3/9/the DS Castlevania with Soma) but it feels like I've missed out

That's the only good mega man games except X so you're fine there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

Check out the Wii U fatal frame

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i think a switch snap would be better because i don't want to hold the tablet again. i want to use the split joycons, the Gift from Heaven

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

drunkill posted:

yes

Also a $100 price drop for both xbone versions for black friday sales (permanent price drop? idk)

From a million years ago but thanks for this, probably going to go with XboxoneX

I just need my keyboard and mouse. I'm a weirdo.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I only beat Link's Awakening once, like ten years ago on a flip phone

I got to Rock Tunnel in Let's Go last night. What I'm saying is do a Let's Awaken remake for the Switch.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This thread is not full of Halo fans

okay, courtesy of my dumb poorly four a m brain, is it just a coincidence that the Halo theme intro sounds like the fukken Hymn of the Fayth? because drat they were both rattling round my head last night

open thread question

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ni No Kuni 2 is on sale, is it right that the thread’s general impression of it was “It’s okay”?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Ni No Kuni 2 is on sale, is it right that the thread’s general impression of it was “It’s okay”?

It starts great but devolves into woefully unfinished/empty land masses and is full of bad phone game mechanics that gate progress

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah it's fine...definitely the lowest tier of the major JRPG releases this year. Well I haven't played DQXI yet but my understanding is it's not even close. NNK2 is charming for a bit and has wonderful art direction but the combat is too loose and simple to be fun for the length of the game and the kingdom building has no creativity, it's just a mobile game they put in to gate progress

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

It starts great but devolves into woefully unfinished/empty land masses and is full of bad phone game mechanics that gate progress

👆

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I only have one cause I'm not using a guide and while some exploration is cool and good I'm not gonna have fun if I spend hours combing the overworld every time I get a new item

I'm pretty happy with my solution of savestating the combat-heavy sections tbh

e: that said if you just tell me that lttp is an overworld exploration game with occasional forays into dungeons I'd honestly believe it and re-evaluate my priorities

link to the past has i think the most optional items of any zelda besides majora's mask (if you count the masks), including one that is optional up until the boss of the final dungeon of the dark world

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fully half of the world map is populated by a single town

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Exploring the overworld in LttP is one of my favorite things to do in any video game. Just enough is available at the start and run dead end entices me to explore it asap. Everytime I play the game I run around the overworld between each dungeon to see what I can access with my new item.

Combining BotW and LttP would result in the greatest overworld.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wildtortilla posted:

Exploring the overworld in LttP is one of my favorite things to do in any video game. Just enough is available at the start and run dead end entices me to explore it asap. Everytime I play the game I run around the overworld between each dungeon to see what I can access with my new item.

Combining BotW and LttP would result in the greatest overworld.

I agree that putting cool things in botw would improve it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Add a female playable character to BotW imo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Add a female playable character to every game imo

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
It's time to bury zelda, linkle is your new hero of time.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Watch a couple Darksiders 3 videos and now my recommendations are filled with full playthroughs and spoilery titles from people who got it early.

Also when does Linkle get a game, nintendo?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is tingle luigi link or wario link?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i can’t get into lttp at all

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Is tingle luigi link or wario link?

knuckle is luigi tingle and dave jr is wario tingle

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

chumbler posted:

Watch a couple Darksiders 3 videos and now my recommendations are filled with full playthroughs and spoilery titles from people who got it early.

I hate when this happens. I got spoiled on a couple GoW twists that way a second after the game went live and it was annoying because the game is very easily spoiled.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

oddium posted:

i can’t get into lttp at all

I liked it but Link Between Worlds is better.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

codenameFANGIO posted:

I liked it but Link Between Worlds is better.

Its so good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Microcline posted:

It's interesting that the series has been very successful leaning into the overworld with Breath of the Wild while the two games closest to "Oops, All Dungeons" (SkySword and Soul Train) were steaming turds

spirit tracks only has five dungeons and they are all two floors

it's just a poo poo game

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

cheetah7071 posted:

Either I'm an old man with old man reflexes now or y'all are pulling my leg on lttp being easy as a kid because this game is kicking my rear end

everything in the dark world does at least 2-3 hearts of damage so suddenly I have less effective hp than I've ever had and also the enemies are way tougher to avoid. The first half of the palace of darkness was fine but the second half is a combat gauntlet where every room has the oh-so-fun darkness mechanic and I just started savestating after I got tired of making the trek back to where I died, again

Ya know I would say you are an old man, but I had the advantage as a kid because my cousin played LTTP and I ended up learning from him where all the goodies were so that's why Dark World etc wasn't too difficult at the time for me.

edit: Also wait is Darksiders 3 nearly out?

Goddamn it. Me and my unemployment.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 25, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

James Woods Fan posted:

The new Tomb Raider series is a case study in diminishing returns.

Disagree hard, I think Shadow is great, just as good as 2013

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
https://www.gog.com/game/x4_foundations_collectors_edition_preorder

Is... is there a new X game coming? If so it went completely under the radar. After the Rebirth fiasco I'm not touching that until after a few months go by and people are saying it's actually good

EDIT: nevermind there's a thread of course I'm dumb https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870121

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 25, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

doingitwrong posted:

How is she controlling the bass drum?

There's a very slight bass loop late in the song that is either a drum machine or controlled by something by her feet. You can see her lean down to do something down there at one point.

Also fun fact, one of the Xiu Xiu albums was made using game boy sound effects and Jamie Stewart is a goon

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I played like 8 hours of Ni No Kuni 2 and after the batshit intro it unfortunately becomes rather generic feeling. The art looks nice at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I played like 8 hours of Ni No Kuni 2 and after the batshit intro it unfortunately becomes rather generic feeling. The art looks nice at least

Yeah the president of the United states shooting fantasy mouse people with a gun is a high bar to set

• Locked thread