Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Where is Half-Life 3???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

It's being sold in a triple pack with kotor iii and alpha protocol 2

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have successfully completely broken 40k Mechanicus over my knee on my second playthrough, my team of Techpriests can do most encounters on the first round, and can chaos dunk on anything the game throws at me.

I still maintain that it's a fun little game for the price. And also a real good example of why XCOM has all the limitations and rules on combat.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Nice! Glad that it lives up to expectations. I'll probably pick it up after this Utah Thanksgiving trip.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

mods changed my name posted:

Its a shame because I could go for a co-op gently caress around sort of game right now, and Fallout would be a cool environment to do it in. Just not whatever hot garbage they decided to pump out for $60 with no testing. I'm a bit more amicable to smaller studios doing that with poo poo like Conan or Ark or whatever I guess but they usually have the decency to say its early access at least.

if you got a discount if you already owned FO4 I'd buy it because the number of co-op games is super limited. Like a 20 dollar game to play with other people from gip is easily doable because even if we only play it for two weekends its still decent value

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I'm know I'm a sap for things like that but, I really enjoyed the intro to BFV.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Replaying FO4 and got a highdea: I'm picking up tons of pre-war cash, which is made of cloth in-game, which I use to modify clothes. Why have I never been able to craft a money suit in Fallout?!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
be the change you want to be

it shouldn't be all that hard to make yourself

you can figure it out in a weekend

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I love the effect mad max has had on things.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Gamespot also gave it like a 3 or something.

Zenimax is going to be pissed.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I think I’d rather play no mans sky over fo76

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i saw 3 ads for it in the 20 minutes i spent watching tv today

god drat

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The entirety of the Gallery Place - Chinatown station in DC (one of the busiest stations in the system) was plastered with FO76 ads. They literally bought every.single.ad.space. Every electronic billboard, banner space, floor decal, you name it. They bought out the entire goddamn station.

edit: for those who have never seen it, this station is colossal and sees hundreds of thousands of people in a day. I'm talking maybe 200 spots for advertisements they bought, for at least a week or longer.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 23, 2018

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna be pissed if doom eternal gets hosed around with because Bethesda goes bankrupt

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrIT2wBxb70

This is the guy who thought FO76 was a good idea

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got the new Hitman game because everyone keeps saying it's real good. I'm a sucker for peer pressure sometimes.

edit: It's good, folks. I just spent like three hours on the first mission learning how the game works and then replaying it like six times to assassinate the target in different ways. I still have a few more ways to go.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Nov 24, 2018

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Vasudus posted:

I got the new Hitman game because everyone keeps saying it's real good. I'm a sucker for peer pressure sometimes.

edit: It's good, folks. I just spent like three hours on the first mission learning how the game works and then replaying it like six times to assassinate the target in different ways. I still have a few more ways to go.

I liked the other one - should see if it's on the steam sale yet

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Apparently you can play all the missions from the first one in the second???

I haven't bought the pack yet but that's what the game told me after I beat the prologue. It gave me two options: play Hitman 1 missions and then it starts the story for 2, or just dive right in to 2.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Apparently you can play all the missions from the first one in the second???

I haven't bought the pack yet but that's what the game told me after I beat the prologue. It gave me two options: play Hitman 1 missions and then it starts the story for 2, or just dive right in to 2.

Yeah and from what I understand it added the new stuff (foliage) to the old make

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've just had a blast with the prologue so far. The first mission has 43 challenges, and that's just...a single house on a beach. There's like 8-10 different ways to kill the target that give credit for those challenges and then a bunch of random little challenges for completing the mission different ways. I won't really be diving into it until tomorrow probably, but the engine is silky smooth and looks decent enough for a 2018 game.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I got the last one from humble a while back and just downloaded the free hitman 2 prologue and yes it transfers them all to the new version

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015

Slim Pickens posted:

I'm gonna be pissed if doom eternal gets hosed around with because Bethesda goes bankrupt

Maybe Marty Stratton, Hugo Martin, and Mick Gordon get to make a Fallout game.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
So I'm thoroughly enjoying Fallout 76. But I also like just wondering around scavenging junk, killing stuff and crafting things. And doing it with other people is pretty cool.

Other than New Vegas questing was never really a big part of why I enjoyed the Fallout Games.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Mustang posted:

So I'm thoroughly enjoying Fallout 76. But I also like just wondering around scavenging junk, killing stuff and crafting things. And doing it with other people is pretty cool.

Other than New Vegas questing was never really a big part of why I enjoyed the Fallout Games.

:chloe:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

It was $25 and exactly what I expected it to be.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The game's already at $35 a week after launch lmao

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

when even i won't preorder it you know something's up

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I preordered and paid the 59.95 or whatever the price was, I’ve enjoyed it. Me and Crusty Minge teamed up for a bit and he gave me a bunch of poo poo that made being level 3 a lot more enjoyable.

It’s not an amazing game, but it’s a fun little time waster. I can’t overstate how loving big the game is. Both in explorable map area and total download size. Goddamn 50 gig patch the other day.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So you can find a literal teleportation device (and other sci-fi gadgets) in AC: Origins and Bayek has literally nothing to say about it. Did someone sneak that stuff into the game without telling anyone?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's Mustang!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
One of the reviews I watched (because Youtube figured that I MUST care about FO76) showed a clip from an Adam Sandler movie with the flaming poop on the doorstep gag, then freeze framed it when they were all laughing and said 'I'TS BETTER WITH FRIENDS'

That's the bar to pass.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Fallom posted:

So you can find a literal teleportation device (and other sci-fi gadgets) in AC: Origins and Bayek has literally nothing to say about it. Did someone sneak that stuff into the game without telling anyone?

I'm thinking you are right because even the person you play who jumps into the animus wasn't like "WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS poo poo"

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Just Cause 4 comes out in just a few weeks. Their marketing campaign in Japan is pretty hilarious

https://youtu.be/EzCil_HPsQ4

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Almost sad I finished God of War. In the same way I was sad to finish Witcher and Last of Us.

On too Red Dead and AssCreed Odyssey! The PS4 back catalog playing is going well.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Vasudus posted:

'I'TS BETTER WITH FRIENDS'

That's literally why I play and enjoy it. It's also how it was advertised, not sure why anyone expected any different.

It's not some mindblowing game but it's one of the few games I've bought where I've gotten exactly what I expected.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mustang posted:

That's literally why I play and enjoy it. It's also how it was advertised, not sure why anyone expected any different.

It's not some mindblowing game but it's one of the few games I've bought where I've gotten exactly what I expected.

which is poo poo

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If I have the full version of Hitman and I'm interested in Hitman 2, what do I buy exactly? There are a bunch of packs and I never bought any GOTY stuff for the first one.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I think you just buy Hitman 2?

I bought Hitman 2 and then the "Legacy Pack" which was all the missions from 1, because I didn't have the first one.

Drowning people in toilets seems to be a goal every mission. One of these developers has a drinking problem and a very specific phobia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Confirm, just buy Hitman 2. You can get the standard edition, then the game will automatically download the legacy maps.