Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

strategery posted:

Anyone actually own a switchcharge? 4x the battery and an actual good stand sounds good but concerned about bricking.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/switchcharge-a-battery-case-for-nintendo-switch#/

Battery packs don't brick switches, it's third party docks when the switch is pulling more power that creates issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What's the best way to get Japanese eShop points? I don't want to use PayPal, but I'm not sure if my card will work.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I need someone to come over and tech me to love gyro controls.

The blame must be on me but every time I try them, the aiming never feels centered. I feel like I'm constantly having to readjust just to look forward.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

ohrwurm posted:

Doesn’t seem like it from what I can find.

And unless they are playing it super close to the chest, it ain’t gonna be a November patch. I’d be shocked on a December one. Love to be wrong though, as I’ve been waiting to pick it back up.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

bought mario v rabbids on sale, and i'm wondering if it gets a lot more complex. I just rescued Luigi, and the game seems a little basic so far.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ignite Memories posted:

bought mario v rabbids on sale, and i'm wondering if it gets a lot more complex. I just rescued Luigi, and the game seems a little basic so far.

Not really? It works well because the premise is pretty simple. You open up more combat options with more characters and different enemy moves, but I think you could argue for an optimal team for every situation. The fun is discovering the best ways to beat a level.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Butterfly Valley posted:

I really liked the use of the Gamecube triggers in Rogue Leader - varying degrees of pressure controlled your speed, with the final click either opening or closing your ship's s-foils, if it had them

I'd pay hell of good money for a Switch version of the Rogue Squadron trilogy that got canned. The first trailer from Spaceworld still looks good today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTvYFFN42R0

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Inzombiac posted:

I need someone to come over and tech me to love gyro controls.

The blame must be on me but every time I try them, the aiming never feels centered. I feel like I'm constantly having to readjust just to look forward.

If you have splatoon, play through the single player with them. And readjusting is apart of the muscle memory, you're not doing it wrong. We move to quick for it to keep up so the recenter button is to help you, you'll be able to do advanced moves with that button once you get good, think re1 quick turn.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

bushisms.txt posted:

If you have splatoon, play through the single player with them. And readjusting is apart of the muscle memory, you're not doing it wrong. We move to quick for it to keep up so the recenter button is to help you, you'll be able to do advanced moves with that button once you get good, think re1 quick turn.

I sold Splatoon but having been trying to learn it for Warframe. I have 400+ hours in that game so it's fighting against a ton of experience.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Inzombiac posted:

I sold Splatoon but having been trying to learn it for Warframe. I have 400+ hours in that game so it's fighting against a ton of experience.

Does warframe have the camera recenter button? It's click right stick right?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Ignite Memories posted:

Are you playing it as cartoony XCOM or as a turn based tactics platformer that’s all about chaining together moves to do unbelievably unfair things to the enemy?

The basics are pretty simple but as you unlock skills and weapons the game becomes about the second thing.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Supposedly, Skyward Sword is coming to Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp6syoTXvwY

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Of course it is. Whenever they have a downtime of lovely to no games they’ll release old Zelda and poo poo for 20-25 bucks

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Master, there is a 78.4% chance that this will not be worth playing.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

No one asked for this.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm not going to buy it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Okay, now solve Luigi's mansion's variable vacuum output. Or switching between a soft and hard press on the triggers in Metroid Prime.

It's not that a game can't be fudged with alternate controls, its that you'd have to do something unique for each and every game. And a lot of them just won't play as well as a result. The only sane way to actually do GCN games is to port the game straight and use the proper controller.

Vacuum full power all the time, why would you ever vacuum less.

I don't remember soft or hard press doing anything different in Metroid prime, but want the Wii version in HD with gyro aim anyway

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

I would take Wind Water HD considering I never owned a WiiU.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I would absolutely buy Skyward Sword. If for no other reason, it has my favorite art direction from any 3D Zelda.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Heath posted:

What's the best way to get Japanese eShop points? I don't want to use PayPal, but I'm not sure if my card will work.

You can buy them from Amazon.jp if you want to fiddle with that (there's guides if you Google around) or playasia (I don't care for them as a company but hey they're there) or eBay. There's the caveat of eBay where if it's too good to be true it probably is and some morons charging insane prices but I've bought Japanese psn cards at alright rates there. The problem with a lot of places is the websites look amateur as poo poo if you just Google which is why I'm leery about going other places.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Ignite Memories posted:

It becomes brutally difficult. Keeping track of how many actions you can perform per turn, and how best to maximize their effectiveness, as well as the order you should perform those moves will become the crux of the game

Make sure to keep an eye on your skill tree to increase your abilities

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shammypants posted:

Of course it is. Whenever they have a downtime of lovely to no games they’ll release old Zelda and poo poo for 20-25 bucks

odd time to release it then since 2019 is going to dump a shitload of stuff on us i.e. Ex Machina, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, NMH, probably Pokemon/Bayonetta/Metroid

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Btw, Pillars of Eternity 2, once scheduled for late 2018, has been pushed back to spring 2019.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I would absolutely buy Skyward Sword. If for no other reason, it has my favorite art direction from any 3D Zelda.
Begone!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Reality Winter posted:

Btw, Pillars of Eternity 2, once scheduled for late 2018, has been pushed back to spring 2019.

I'm assuming this means it will launch with all the DLC included because the last bit drops Dec 18th.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DLC Inc posted:

odd time to release it then since 2019 is going to dump a shitload of stuff on us i.e. Ex Machina, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, NMH, probably Pokemon/Bayonetta/Metroid

No games.:colbert:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I fixed most of my minute-to-minute issues with SS with homebrew cheats back in the day, so it would be a pretty easy HD improvement tbh.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Imagine how good Wind Waker would look handheld

:negative:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

There is only one WiiU port that needs to happen, and it's Super Mario Maker :colbert:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

There is only one WiiU port that needs to happen, and it's Super Mario Maker :colbert:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I hope they just do a full sequel for Switch instead. There’s so much they could improve and add.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

If they bring back Mario Maker, they will do it in a big way

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Wonderful 101 needs a port too. Never got to play that one.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Eh, I really dislike Skyward Sword but the art was one of the things it did well. I'm still impressed by the watercolor DoF effect which I've never seen replicated anywhere else.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Imagine how good Wind Waker would look handheld

:negative:
I would rather have Wind Waker HD 2.0: Dude, where's Makar? than a Skyward Sword remaster.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope they just do a full sequel for Switch instead. There’s so much they could improve and add.

Yeah, this. And throw a bone to the WiiU crowd with some sort of way to convert old levels to the Switch version. Or just make the new game backwards compatible with old levels.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Heath posted:

Wonderful 101 needs a port too. Never got to play that one.

This has been hinted at already, so we're probably gonna get a port. Which is great since I never got to play it either.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I have a sinking feeling Nintendo doesn't want to bring back Mario Maker. The 3DS version had its level-sharing decimated and the Wii U version has a new thing going around where you can crash a whole console with a level.

I think Nintendo wants to avoid basically any user-created content because of how frequently they've been attack vectors for hackers or legally compromising.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Anyone play Mutant League Football?

I'm debating grabbing that up or DKCTF while it's on sale. I've played DK on Wii U, so I'm cool with holding off on it.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I'd love to see more GC games on the switch. Or a new F-Zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Elderbean posted:

I'd love to see more GC games on the switch. Or a new F-Zero.

Wouldn't that be nice.